PDA

View Full Version : Players excited to wear jerseys

polamalubeast
10-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Steelers’ players are looking forward to wearing the team’s 1934 Throwback Jersey this week against the Washington Redskins.

Here is what some of them had to say about it on Thursday:

Wide Receiver Antonio Brown
“I am excited about wearing them. It brings back the history and tradition. I am looking forward to wearing them. It’s all about the history of our organization and you have to enjoy it.”

Linebacker Larry Foote
“It’s exciting to put something different on. It’s cool for Pittsburgh. A lot of people like these jerseys. It’s good for the fans. My wife likes them. I am more excited about wearing the socks.”

Center Maurkice Pouncey
“I am excited about it. I don’t have the big belly like most of the linemen so I think they are more challenged than I am.”

Defensive End Brett Keisel
“I think the throwbacks are sweet. They are just like the ones in 1934. It’s a little bit of history. It’s always fun to go back in time. It’s always exciting when everyone comes out on the field in them ready to go.”

Safety Ryan Clark
“I think it will be a cool deal because there has been so much talk about it. It will be good to get them out there on the field. When you see 45 guys out there wearing them on the field it will be good.”

Running Back Jonathan Dwyer
“It’s going to be interesting. I’m excited to see us playing in them and what everybody else’s reaction is going to be.”

read more

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/10/25/players-excited-to-wear-jerseys/

tube517
10-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Excited. Mmm hmmm. :chuckle:

stillers4me
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Maybe they just feel like they are wearing Halloween costumes.

The socks are sexy. :eyebrows:

Mach1
10-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Those are gonna look hot with pink.

LLT
10-26-2012, 03:00 AM
They look like the bathing suits from the 1920's.

http://www.getfrank.co.nz/uploads/images/Halfwidth/_resampled/ResizedImage200316-1910.jpg

slippy
10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
"ima swagg that bee out, word"

-ike taylor tweet

Moose
10-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Are you f--kin' kidding me ..... well, I guess I know a few guy's that doesn't take much to satisfy. Pathetic.

Mamaduck43
10-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I hated them at first, then I learned about the history of them and the more I look at them, the more I like them.... Other teams' retro uniforms are boring -- one thing for sure, neither the 75th anniversary throwback, nor this one could be called boring.... The only thing I like about the Packer Throwback is the tan pants, and ours look just as good... Hey - - I might be old, but I ain't dead......

Devilsdancefloor
10-26-2012, 10:37 AM
i think it wouldnt be that bad if it wasnt for them SOCKS!

salamander
10-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Suuuure they are :lol:

vader29
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
They should at least have cheerleaders for the throwback games, make it a little less painfull to watch.

:eyebrows:

http://www.mooncostumes.com/image/16788

X-Terminator
10-26-2012, 11:50 AM
All of this hand-wringing over a uniform that they are only going to wear twice. Unreal. :doh: You all act like they're switching to them permanently! Try sucking it up and dealing with it, for God's sake.

Moose
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't want to 'suck' it up and I'm saying what I feel about the ugly ass uniforms. Deal with it.

X-Terminator
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't want to 'suck' it up and I'm saying what I feel about the ugly ass uniforms. Deal with it.

Hey, you go right ahead. It's not worth whining about as far as I'm concerned, but I'm certainly not going to stop you or anyone else from doing it. There's too much other shit going on in this world to worry about a damn uniform.

steelreserve
10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
They should at least have cheerleaders for the throwback games, make it a little less painfull to watch.

:eyebrows:

http://www.mooncostumes.com/image/16788

I think if we're going to have bumblebee cheerleaders, they need to be sluttier than that. Do it all the way or not at all.

Pristas
10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
I think if we're going to have bumblebee cheerleaders, they need to be sluttier than that. Do it all the way or not at all.

Done: http://magneticabby.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/sexystinger-jv.jpg

stillers4me
10-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Just win the game and nobody will care.

SteelGhost
10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Just win the game and nobody will care.

^This post makes a lot of sense to me :yup:

TheRuneMeister
10-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Its strange. I both love and hate those throwbacks. Yes, they are ugly, but at the same time they are so old school that I can't really hate them. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the pirates out there.

86WARD
10-27-2012, 06:16 AM
I love them...just because there is so much hate around them. Here's a news flash...it's not so much the uniform as it is honoring the teams history...the very team the "bee haters" have been fans of. How about trying to embrace it and learn a little more history about "your" team. Jeez...

Count Steeler
10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
I love them...just because there is so much hate around them. Here's a news flash...it's not so much the uniform as it is honoring the teams history...the very team the "bee haters" have been fans of. How about trying to embrace it and learn a little more history about "your" team. Jeez...

So we are to embrace everything our team does and not question anything? Just because it is Black & Gold means you can't call them ugly? I appreciate that they are commemorating their roots, but that doesn't mean I can't say, "Man they had some ugly uniforms back then".

Moose
10-27-2012, 10:01 AM
So we are to embrace everything our team does and not question anything? Just because it is Black & Gold means you can't call them ugly? I appreciate that they are commemorating their roots, but that doesn't mean I can't say, "Man they had some ugly uniforms back then".

Excellent post ! Can't say it much better and to the point. I can read about the history of the team ( which I have), and appreciate their roots. But, with that being said, I still do not understand the reasoning of having to wear old, ugly ass uniforms. Hey, what about the leather helmets ? Now, I have to go back to the new's so I can watch the other 'shit' happening in the world.

steelreserve
10-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Last edited by X-Terminator; Yesterday at 03:51 PM. Reason: Picture deleted. Sorry - a bit too risque for this section.

Heh. You should see what comes up if you turn off "safe search." :eyebrows:

86WARD
10-27-2012, 09:06 PM

No...you don't have to embrace anything...but it would make a lot of sense to honor 80 seasons by using the 1978 uniforms...lol. You can say they are ugly, but there's no reason for people to keep harping on it. Find something else to complain about...I'm not trying to single you out Count, I'm just saying in general.

Count Steeler
10-27-2012, 09:47 PM
No...you don't have to embrace anything...but it would make a lot of sense to honor 80 seasons by using the 1978 uniforms...lol. You can say they are ugly, but there's no reason for people to keep harping on it. Find something else to complain about...I'm not trying to single you out Count, I'm just saying in general.

True enough. I stated my piece when they were revealed and have let the issue alone. Just hope they turn out to be good luck charms.

Moose
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay, I think it's time for the 'mods' to eliminate this thread. Too many people are making comments....pro's and con's. The thread is telling us that the player's are excited about the jersey's. Big deal. Enough said. Good for the player's. It's a new's item for us fan's about the feeling's of the player's. I guess just being a new's item it's not for comment. Us, as fans, should have just responded with, 'ah, okay, thanks for the info.' Now, for those of us fan's that aren't particular excited about the jersey's we spoke our mind, and those that like the jersey's or don't have a feeling about it one way or another, you spoke your all minds. Those of us against the jersey's, and I'm definitely one against throw back's anyway, were told to move on to new more important things ( lol, kind of defeats the throw back thing...lol ) ....fine, but what the hell is this thread about if not to comment on ? Or, was it a read but don't comment on thread ? Just my opinion, I'm done with this thread now, thanks for the news though on the player's feelings. And I too, hope they bring them good luck on the two games they wear them. From my understanding they didn't do well with them originally.

steelreserve
10-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Okay, I think it's time for the 'mods' to eliminate this thread. Too many people are making comments....pro's and con's. The thread is telling us that the player's are excited about the jersey's. Big deal. Enough said. Good for the player's. It's a new's item for us fan's about the feeling's of the player's. I guess just being a new's item it's not for comment. Us, as fans, should have just responded with, 'ah, okay, thanks for the info.' Now, for those of us fan's that aren't particular excited about the jersey's we spoke our mind, and those that like the jersey's or don't have a feeling about it one way or another, you spoke your all minds. Those of us against the jersey's, and I'm definitely one against throw back's anyway, were told to move on to new more important things ( lol, kind of defeats the throw back thing...lol ) ....fine, but what the hell is this thread about if not to comment on ? Or, was it a read but don't comment on thread ? Just my opinion, I'm done with this thread now, thanks for the news though on the player's feelings. And I too, hope they bring them good luck on the two games they wear them. From my understanding they didn't do well with them originally.

ok, suit yourself. I was here to talk about sluts.

zulater
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
I wish they'd dig a big hole and throw those "throw backs" in the hole, dump a couple drums of kerosene on them, light a match, make sure they're all burned beyond any recogniction, fill the hole in, and then plant a grove of trees on the spot to hide any evidence anything was ever there.

Count Steeler
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
1-0. Wear them until we lose, then burn them. :chuckle:

86WARD
10-28-2012, 07:28 PM
1-0. Wear them until we lose, then burn them.

:chuckle: Keep them going!! lol...

86WARD
10-28-2012, 09:06 PM
My avatar likes them too...lol

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=139&dateline=1351476261

zulater
10-29-2012, 10:25 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525733_4168442523094_627385965_n.jpg

Fans of other teams like them too. To ridicule us with!

GodfatherofSoul
10-29-2012, 10:52 AM
I was afraid of this. People would start to think they were lucky, then we'd wear them even more. Blech! Heaven forbid we lose to the Giants in our normal unis.

vader29
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/292731_371686502915436_1888933576_n.jpg

X-Terminator
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Fans of other teams like them too. To ridicule us with!

Like we're supposed to give a rat's ass what fans of other teams think?

steelerdude15
10-29-2012, 05:54 PM

This

zulater
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM

Only if what they're saying is the truth.

Look I'm a Steelers fan and I get it. The uniform is to honor the team's orgin. But just like the Jets, the Packers, and the Eagles original uniforms those relics are best left in the past. In a museum, photo or painting, caught in their actual time frame their cool. I've got no problem with them. But just like I don't want to fly a DC 6 to my next vacation destination

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4694262606791690&pid=15.1

I'd just as soon those God's awful looking bumble bee uniforms be left to the pages of history!

Obviously I have no control of the situation, so of course I'll just grin and bear it when they play with them again. But I'll be damned if I wont voice my opionion on them all the same.

Thanks.

Kittyfish
10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
My avatar likes them too...lol

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=139&dateline=1351476261

Ha! I love your new avatar! I showed it to my family, and they loved it too. Okay, they rolled their eyes and groaned, but they thought it was funny. I hope you keep it for a while.

I didn't like the throwbacks upon first viewing, but I have to admit they grew on me during the game. Somehow they look better in motion, and somehow better too when we're winning. I hope they continue to give us good luck.

As for the other teams and their fans, as Bob Pompeani said, a lot of those teams just wish they had 80 years of history to look back upon, weird uniforms or no.

vader29
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.benstonium.com/images/transformer.gif

X-Terminator
10-29-2012, 07:27 PM

Look I'm a Steelers fan and I get it. The uniform is to honor the team's orgin. But just like the Jets, the Packers, and the Eagles original uniforms those relics are best left in the past. In a museum, photo or painting, caught in their actual time frame their cool. I've got no problem with them. But just like I don't want to fly a DC 6 to my next vacation destination

I'd just as soon those God's awful looking bumble bee uniforms be left to the pages of history!

Obviously I have no control of the situation, so of course I'll just grin and bear it when they play with them again. But I'll be damned if I wont voice my opionion on them all the same.

Thanks.

And in the end, nobody should still give a fuck what other teams' fans think. And also in the end, it's just a uniform they are going to wear twice this season, and as such there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch over them.

And like you, I will continue to voice that opinion.

Thanks.

steelerdude15
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM

Thanks.

Not trying to come off as a smart ass or know it all, but the Packers and Eagles both used throwbacks in the past couple of years.

zulater
10-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Not trying to come off as a smart ass or know it all, but the Packers and Eagles both used throwbacks in the past couple of years.

Yeah, and they were God's awful as well.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxctc79VceeowFmdtGRiESdCUIP-uWtg00Gqo08Fhc4zI7SYY_PcRdL69wLQ

Here's the throwback I would like to see the Steelers play in.

zulater
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/29/Week-8/index.html#ixzz2AjiOOSdt

Peter King of SI.com on the uniforms the Steelers wore Sunday: ``Seriously, NFL: We know why you do these throwback uniforms. (Throwup, in this case.) You want fans to go buy another type of Steelers jersey for the holidays. That's what this about. And I defy you to find one self-respecting Steeler fan who would be caught dead in those mustard-and-mud striped jobs with the stupid numbers. And the socks. I think Margaret Hamilton wore those in The Wizard of Oz as the Wicked Witch of the West.''

zulater
10-30-2012, 09:00 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PA3xrsN9dJ8/TxySLHxcLxI/AAAAAAAAAvM/GwACfuLAHO0/s1600/GREENWOOD.jpg

I know they do throwbacks to sell jerseys. But I just love these white pants with the black stripe with the road jerseys. Next time we play a team that's using their throwbacks in their building we should go to this retro 1970-71 road uniform.

86WARD
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I second that.

zulater
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
I second that.

Block numbers on the jersey too!

zulater
10-30-2012, 03:31 PM
"The Steelers’ 1934 throwback uniforms make it easy to understand why it was called The Great Depression." Mark Madden

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-a-noteworthy-look-at-the-steelers-win/article_847c70b2-4ca5-5659-b70f-086c1ab2c501.html

:chuckle:

CPanther95
10-31-2012, 08:07 AM
These are the perfect uniforms for fans to wear at away games. They add more yellow to their stadium than any other jersey.

86WARD
10-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I love the all around and hate for these jerseys by the NFLs fan base!

CPanther95
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM
I love the all around and hate for these jerseys by the NFLs fan base!

Me too. Just ordered a couple for the Dallas game.