PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall misses practice; Dwyer set to start

polamalubeast
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000085369/article/mendenhall-misses-practice-dwyer-set-to-start?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Craic
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm excited to see what he can do two weeks in a row. Imagine what it'll do for the O line if Dwyer puts up another hundred yard game. For that matter, imagine what it'll do to Mendy's attitude if he realizes he has serious competition for the starting job.

Moose
10-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I do like Dwyer. Mendy should be taking notes.

Pristas
10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I like that he doesn't go down after first contact.

Count Steeler
10-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Grind up the Skins and throw them out. Let's show them that the Steelers are back!

86WARD
10-27-2012, 06:34 AM
If Dwyer puts up another 100 yard game and contributes significantly when Mendenhall returns...bye bye Mendy.

tube517
10-27-2012, 06:51 AM
I think Mendy (and Redman) should sit for a couple more weeks just to be sure. I think we're in good hands with Dwyer

Moose
10-27-2012, 08:59 PM
If Dwyer has another week like against the bungholes, it will be awfully hard for Mendy to come back in the game. Dwyer was a great against the bungholes !

Craic
10-28-2012, 02:03 AM
If Dwyer puts up another 100 yard game and contributes significantly when Mendenhall returns...bye bye Mendy.

If Dwyer has another week like against the bungholes, it will be awfully hard for Mendy to come back in the game. Dwyer was a great against the bungholes !

More like bye bye Redman.

Mendy has the speed that none of the other players have. Rainey is too small to be an every down back. So there's no way I see Mendy leaving. Mendy/Dwyer/Rainey could very well be the future - with Batch dressing when one of the others are injured.

Steeldude
10-28-2012, 02:26 AM
The question is whether or not Mendenhall is going to be worth the contract he wants next year? You know he is going to want a raise. His production so far does prove to me that he deserves a raise. The Steelers will be over the cap in 2013. If Dwyer shows he is capable then I think the Steelers should part ways.

GBMelBlount
10-28-2012, 08:10 AM
The question is whether or not Mendenhall is going to be worth the contract he wants next year?

You know he is going to want a raise.

His production so far does prove to me that he deserves a raise.

The Steelers will be over the cap in 2013. If Dwyer shows he is capable then I think the Steelers should part ways.

Does?

Just as with Wallace I would wait and see how things unfold this year.

It all comes down to what our budget is and what we can afford imo....and we probably can't afford everything we want...