PDA

View Full Version : Long, solid line forms for Steelers at tackle

Count Steeler
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers discovered something besides a road victory Sunday night in Cincinnati: An offensive line that looks as if it can shake off the shaky reputation of its past and perform at a level not seen from them in several years.

The line might have had its best game against a good Cincinnati front, and it did so with two of the five positions filled by backups. One of those second-teamers, though, might soon become a regular starter.

Rookie Mike Adams made his first NFL start because of an injury to right tackle Marcus Gilbert and did well enough to have Mike Tomlin singing his praises again Tuesday.

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/long-solid-line-forms-for-steelers-at-tackle-658881/

Craic
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Once Adams got flipped to RT, he seemed to turn into a different player.

I haven't been watching Gilbert that much when he's been in there. I wonder if he can flip over to LT in a year or two when Starks is finished.

NCSteeler
10-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Adams had a lot of help.

Steeldude
10-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Adams had a lot of help.

^This

Until Adams can show he can be by himself he is still a huge liability

7willBheaven
10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
But he didnt have help all the time...he played decent with or without help and the coach gave him kudos for that.

Craic
10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
But he didnt have help all the time...he played decent with or without help and the coach gave him kudos for that.

Exactly. Yes, he got help, but he also took on rushers 1 one 1. As I said before, only one time did I see his guy be part of the pressure that caused a sack, though it wasn't his guy that actually sacked Ben.

NCSteeler
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM
They definitely got more confidence in him as the game wore on, because he was doing a decent job, they started giving him less help and opening up Heath more.

tube517
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
It was his first start. He did fine.

ALLD
10-25-2012, 02:55 PM
The short passing game will also help the entire line.