PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace's drops are out of character

polamalubeast
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
If the Steelers had lost to the Bengals, a lot of criticism this week would be directed at wide receiver Mike Wallace.

He dropped four passes in the 24-17 win over the Bengals, including a deflected pass in the end zone. It's like Wallace turned into Limas Sweed all of a sudden.

Wallace now has five drops in six games this season, which accounts for 10.4 percent of his targets. This is very unusual for Wallace, who had only dropped passes on 2.9 percent of his targets in his first three seasons in the NFL, according to ESPN Stats & Information. He had never dropped more than four passes in a single season.

Asked about his drops, Wallace said, "I should have caught [them]. Bottom line, I didn't. I'll make up for it next week. We got the win, so I feel good about it."

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/57532/wallaces-drops-are-out-of-character

Moose
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Cocky SOB

ALLD
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Not really out of character for somebody who missed training camp and whose head is more concerned about the entitlement of a more than $50m contract than earning one.

st33lersguy
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
His concern is money and the team that signs him inthe offseason will be left very disappointed

X-Terminator
10-23-2012, 02:04 PM
With all of the talk about his drops, he still caught 8 passes for 52 yards in the game. Still though, he knows that he can't drop passes like that and it's good to see him acknowledge that. Again, I'm not going to be like other fans and want him publicly flogged...he needs to stay focused on the task at hand instead of worrying about his contract. If he plays well and puts up the numbers, the contract will take care of itself.

Carolina Steelers
10-23-2012, 02:35 PM
With all of the talk about his drops, he still caught 8 passes for 52 yards in the game. Still though, he knows that he can't drop passes like that and it's good to see him acknowledge that. Again, I'm not going to be like other fans and want him publicly flogged...he needs to stay focused on the task at hand instead of worrying about his contract. If he plays well and puts up the numbers, the contract will take care of itself.

agreed

Moose
10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I think he's just a young 'punk' right now. Because of last year play he thinks he's more than what he really is. He's trying to make a big play before he catches the ball. He needs to get that cocky crap ( smiling after a F-k up) out of him and concentrate. Get down to some serious playing and catching. Get his timing down. The lack of training camp affected him. His young dumb ass doesn't realize it. Ben will throw to him because it opens up Heath and Brown too and gives more options. BUT....if the drops continue, especially in critical situation, look for the passes his way to decline. Along with his worth. I'm hoping it was just a bad game, or two, and that he'll come around for the remaining games. At least I hope so because he does have potential and I'd rather have his young ass, when mature, on the Steeler's than having to face him. I think eventually Ben, Tomlin, and a few other veteran's will talk with him and settle him down and get his head in the game....if not, cya. Just my opinion.

Edman
10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Wether or not if the Steelers had lost to the Bengals doesn't make a difference that Wallace stunk and has been lackluster this season. There wouldn't be much of a spotlight on him he wasn't demanding big money.

Steeldude
10-23-2012, 06:08 PM
He'll be ok if the passes are thrown to his stomach or chest area. If he has to use his hands to snatch a pass then it's going to be a problem.

SteelGhost
10-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I will hold judgement until the end of the season. If he drops some passes with the game on the line he won't get a juicy contract :noidea:

Pristas
10-24-2012, 07:24 AM
He'll be ok if the passes are thrown to his stomach or chest area. If he has to use his hands to snatch a pass then it's going to be a problem.

Not always...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_3aLneao1J9eekS9xEsUwoiE15apkq bdgs2AbjiDvERWALEoHsQ

HollywoodSteel
10-24-2012, 08:12 AM
I agree with the article. His drops are out of character... for Heath Miller. Not sure about Wallace's character right now.

Chidi29
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. Let's not look at these drops from just one game as a sign that he's a punk, cocky, or has serious character problems. Reading too much into it.

polamalubeast
10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
wallace on his drops- "i'm trying to run before i catch the ball. you cant run before you catch the ball

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/XMorningShow/status/261167343055536128

Steeldude
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
wallace on his drops- "i'm trying to run before i catch the ball. you cant run before you catch the ball

Again, fundamentals. Appears to be an excuse because he can't catch effectively catch with just his hands.