PDA

View Full Version : Is Sanders injured or acting?

polamalubeast
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders hobbles off the field, but was the injury a result of wanting to save timeouts?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap1000000083686/Is-Sanders-injured-or-acting

steelreserve
10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
That was definitely acting if you ask me. Considering that he was back on the field the very next play. What really happened was that Ben was shaken up and didn't have time to get the play called, so the most "optional" guy on the field pretended to be hurt rather than have Ben come out for a play, which would have been much worse.

The rule about injuries and timeouts is pretty clear - if it's inside 5 minutes, it costs you a timeout, if not, then they let it slide. So given that there was about 5:40 left, that was a smart move, if not a bit cheap. Ah well. As it turned out, that timeout wouldn't have made any difference.

Iron Steeler
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
It was quite comical as well

fansince'76
10-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm very surprised there isn't the usual widespread "WAAAHHH! DA STEALERS CHEEEEETID!" pissing and moaning over that little stunt or the ruling that Wallace caught the one pass that went to replay.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Every team does this so I don't see why anyone's talking about it.

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2012, 01:20 PM
i lol especially when he hopped all the way over to the side lines and then the next play he was back out at full throttle

Steeldude
10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
No way of knowing for certain, but that is how cramps can be. They can go away in a 1 minute or less.

Carolina Steelers
10-22-2012, 02:07 PM
i lol especially when he hopped all the way over to the side lines and then the next play he was back out at full throttle

I thought that was funny also!!!

GodfatherofSoul
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
That was bush league. There are lot of sleazy things you can do within the rules, but you just don't do them.

ALLD
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Bad acting.

Hindes204
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
maybe Coach Lewis should have done this:

WARNING: foul language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaJDqBNo4cI

steel striker
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
I remeber the Giants doing that last season against the Rams.

GodfatherofSoul
10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I remeber the Giants doing that last season against the Rams.

Yeah, and 2 guys fell to the ground simultaneously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cRSQeptDNgw

86WARD
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Totally acting...bad acting.

steeldevil
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
maybe Coach Lewis should have done this:

WARNING: foul language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaJDqBNo4cI

This is pretty much how I feel about it and if I'm a coach and my opponent did it, and it was OBVIOUS, this would be my reaction as well.

I don't know, maybe Sanders did have a minor cramp, but I doubt it. I have lost respect for him. You don't do that.

Craic
10-22-2012, 05:02 PM

Actually, he wasn't. They went no huddle after the next play, so he didn't come on the field for a couple plays.

Count Steeler
10-22-2012, 05:06 PM
It was the soccer miracle spray. Couple of sprays and what once looked like a fallen paralyzed player, returns to the pitch with nary a limp.

Craic
10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
No way of knowing for certain, but that is how cramps can be. They can go away in a 1 minute or less.

True.

However, I also would think that if it was cramps, he wouldn't hold his foot off the ground, he'd want to be using it as much as possible to keep the muscle from continuing the cramp. That's what made me think it was probably fake. On the other side, the fact that he did it, when it would have been advantageous to have our three best receivers on the field, also tells me that it may have been real. Especially since he had to sit out a play (important play) and since we went no huddle after that, sit out that play as well.

salamander
10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm very surprised there isn't the usual widespread "WAAAHHH! DA STEALERS CHEEEEETID!" pissing and moaning over that little stunt or the ruling that Wallace caught the one pass that went to replay.

DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS. :chuckle:

steelreserve
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
True.

However, I also would think that if it was cramps, he wouldn't hold his foot off the ground, he'd want to be using it as much as possible to keep the muscle from continuing the cramp. That's what made me think it was probably fake. On the other side, the fact that he did it, when it would have been advantageous to have our three best receivers on the field, also tells me that it may have been real. Especially since he had to sit out a play (important play) and since we went no huddle after that, sit out that play as well.

Let me ask you this ... who's more "expendable" on a random play than the third receiver? They wouldn't want to switch out one of the linemen and risk messing things up there. They wouldn't pull out Heath, or the two receivers ahead of Sanders. And certainly not Ben. That leaves the running back or Sanders, and since Cotchery is a capable replacement, Sanders it was.

tube517
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
What was even funnier was when he came back on the field and started "stretching" it. Just comical.

Manny:A rising star and a clutch #3 WR. Possibly the other starting WR next year opposite AB.

Manny: Won't win any Oscars.

Moose
10-22-2012, 07:14 PM
LOL, I can't say it was acting or not. I have cramps myself just getting out of bed at times....hahaha, just get up and walk it out and it's gone. LOL

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Manny's facebook page:

"The cramp was real ;)"

followed by a picture of him on the C'mon man! segment on ESPN :lol:

LLT
10-23-2012, 12:28 AM
It was the soccer miracle spray. Couple of sprays and what once looked like a fallen paralyzed player, returns to the pitch with nary a limp.

I could have sworn I saw him eating a banana after that play....potassium is a wonder drug.