PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: No rift between Roethlisberger, Haley

polamalubeast
10-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Published: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 8:24 p.m.
Updated 7 hours ago

CINCINNATI — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin isn’t aware of problems between quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Even if they happen, he isn’t concerned.

“I’m not worried about those interactions. If it hadn’t happened already, I’m sure at some point it will, and it won’t be catastrophic,” Tomlin said in an interview aired during the NBC Sunday night telecast. “I’m sure we’ll all move on.”

Tomlin praised Roethlisberger for sustaining the offense despite lacking a running game. The Steelers entered Sunday’s game 31st in rushing.

“I think we’re doing a nice job, even in the midst of running the ball as poorly as we are, because we’re minimizing negative plays,” Tomlin said. “And if you minimize the negative plays, that means your quarterback is upright. That’s one of the goals that we had here for this season.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2812401-85/tomlin-steelers-batch-offensive-quarterback-roethlisberger-running-mike-sunday-game#ixzz2A1pHwkjy
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

tube517
10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
:rolleyes:

siss
10-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Lock them in a room together until Ben asks Haley to be his babies God Father!

polamalubeast
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
big ben not happy with haley's o?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/ben-roethlisberger-todd-haleys-offense-is-dink-and-dunk/

Chidi29
10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
One line in the trib article after the "That's on him" quote.

"That’s a quote sure to be repeated, but I can tell you Roethlisberger did not utter it with any venom."

Shoddy journalism at its finest.

X-Terminator
10-22-2012, 12:01 PM
The media loves to create controversy where there is none, but Ben is not helping with quotes like "That's on him."

fansince'76
10-22-2012, 12:04 PM
The media loves to create controversy where there is none, but Ben is not helping with quotes like "That's on him."

At this point I'm beginning to think that Roethlisberger says things like that just to yank their chains because he knows they will blow it way out of proportion.

Chances are he and Haley are having a good laugh about it right now. Remember all the ridiculous "Rosetta Stone" bullshit? Seeing as how Ben is off to probably the best start of his career, turns out there was absolutely nothing to that as well.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
A rift created by the media.

X-Terminator
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
At this point I'm beginning to think that Roethlisberger says things like that just to yank their chains because he knows they will blow it way out of proportion.

Chances are he and Haley are having a good laugh about it right now. Remember all the ridiculous "Rosetta Stone" bullshit? Seeing as how Ben is off to probably the best start of his career, turns out there was absolutely nothing to that as well.

Ben trolling the media? Interesting. I'd be more open to that if he hadn't shown disappointment the day Arians was let go, so it did give this whole story some plausibility. But the fact that it hasn't happened yet hasn't stopped the media from trying to make it happen.

Count Steeler
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Tomlin says no, Sanders says no. When is this BS going to stop? I couldn't give a flying fadoo if Ben likes Haley. He is off to his best year, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

As for these reporters, shove it!

zulater
10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Honestly what does it matter anyway? Bradshaw and Noll rarely saw eye to eye. You could go as far as to say Bradshaw didn't like or trust Noll when they were winning Super Bowl's together. Mike Ditka and Jim McMahon were never best of buds either. John Unitas once said of coach Don Shula, "I wouldn't bother to piss on him if his guts were on fire." They're one of the all time winningest coach- qb combinations. Granted these are head coach - qb examples, but back in those days Offensive coordinaters weren't all that important.

Want a more recent example. Big Ben and Ken Whisenhunt who combined to win SB XL. Ben hated Whiz. Probably was the reason he didn't get the Steelers head coaching job. He certaqinly made no secret of his delight when Whiz was passed over.

Anyway I don't care if he and Haley hate each others guts. All I know is Ben is getting hit less, turning the ball over less, and the production is still high.

So why does this matter?

smokin3000gt
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I can't believe this is still being talked about by the media. Someone should tell them that this is football, not The View. Find something real to talk about.

SteelGhost
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
:ranger: