PDA

View Full Version : My Official Declaration

Craic
10-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Whereby there have been many reasons in the past,

and whereby last season's record is public for all who want to look,

and whereby there was no reason to think anything else at the beginning of this season,

and whereby I am thoroughly a creature of habit,

and whereby we have now seen six game with one blemish,

I, Preacher, of Steelersuniverse.com, officially declare that I swear off cringing, fastforwarding the DVR, or any other methods that show a lack of faith in Shuan "Squeezeme" Suisham.

Shoes
10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
:chuckle:

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
:yay3::yay3::yay3::yay3::yay3::yay3:

Steelman
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
The motion carries. :chuckle:

GoSlash27
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.copperhillimages.com/images/64021719_CHPTbjAb_applause.gif

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
i 2nd that he has been money!

smokin3000gt
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
As hard as I ripped on him last year and the beginning of this year I have to give credit where it's due. He's been great this year!

steelreserve
10-22-2012, 12:52 AM
He looks like a completely different guy from last season.

I have to admit last year still gives me a few jitters, like he could revert at any time, but the more I see of him like this, the more I can start relaxing.

zulater
10-22-2012, 05:28 AM
He's hitting them right down the middle every time. Last night 3 kicks, all over 40 yards and none was ever in doubt from the moment they left Suisham's foot. Hit every one of them perfect.

GBMelBlount
10-22-2012, 06:05 AM
i 2nd that he has been money!

Show me the Suisham. :chuckle:

bayz101
10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
He's gained my confidence in regular season play, but the playoff's is something left to be desired. I'll give him credit where credit it due, and it's due for his regular season play.

zulater
10-22-2012, 06:15 AM
He's gained my confidence in regular season play, but the playoff's is something left to be desired. I'll give him credit where credit it due, and it's due for his regular season play.

He was perfect in the playoffs last year too.

bayz101
10-22-2012, 06:23 AM
He was perfect in the playoffs last year too.

I'm talking game-winners. Big kicks. Not kicks that come when the game is tied. I'm talking kicks with REAL pressure. Make it or bust. He's missed 15 yarders for the win, and as much as three field goals in a game for other teams, not to mention his Super Bowl beauty with us. My confidence in him as far as big-kicks in the playoffs isn't here yet.

GBMelBlount
10-22-2012, 06:31 AM
As ZU said, Suisham has looked fantastic and been splitting the uprights.

He has earned my confidence.

I also believe that when Tomlin went with Suisham on the 54 yarder in our recent loss that he was doing that because HE believes in Suisham.

As far as the playoffs, if Suisham continues to perform like this the entire season I feel he will be prepared.

But I agree playoffs are a different story and even great players perform differently in extreme clutch situations.

At this point in the season, I will just be happy if we get far enough to even be able to put Suisham to the test....

Moose
10-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Lookin' good to me also !

NCSteeler
10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Looks good, IDK who he trained with this offseason, but he is totally different kicker

Carolina Steelers
10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Yea i agree when he lined up for those kicks last night i felt like they were going in and they did right down the middle

shutdown
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Even the one he missed against TEN was straight down the middle. Just not enough leg.

86WARD
10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Chargers cutting Nate Kaeding...just saying.

Craic
10-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Looks good, IDK who he trained with this offseason, but he is totally different kicker

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZh70iqq5VDnk5DpgXpOGp_2pELwkE9 vxVZdv_WIg3CgOZ3X6YDw

????

If Squeezeme starts looking like a Troll-doll, we'll have our answer! :chuckle:

On a serious note, yeah, you're right, I'd love to find out what happened.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Still not buyin it. Ill be pissed about field goals if they are consistently missed and consistently makeable, but in the end, i just want a clutch kicker. and of course a good kickoff leg never hurts, seems to be doing fine in that department.

It's the old Mike Vanderjagt vs. Adam Vinatieri argument. Mike is the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but Vinatieri is probably the most clutch.

SteelGhost
10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Kudos to Suisham, and Preacher :thumbsup:

tube517
10-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Sushishamwow has improved alot and deserves credit. I want to see this consistency in December/January.

But, I'd rather see more TDs than FG attempts. So, Mike W, catch the ball so Manny doesn't have to "limp" off the field.

steelerrob
10-23-2012, 03:17 AM
No no no!!!! Suisham sucks!!!! He'll probably screw up every game for us from now on in!!!

(See Zu's "Face it. We're losers" thread for reference)

Craic
10-24-2012, 12:23 AM
No no no!!!! Suisham sucks!!!! He'll probably screw up every game for us from now on in!!!

A Noob sticking it to Zu?

. . . Welcome to the boards and I hope you stick around! :heh:

zulater
10-24-2012, 06:27 AM

Oh boy we beat the Bengals! No one else had done that this year! Oh what? Miami did it two weeks before in Cincy? And the Browns got their only win of the season the week after that at the Bengals expense.

Guess we really are back.:coffee:

Here's what it is. I comment on what I see. The Steelers had lost to two of the worst teams in the NFL in their previous two road games. They played the first 25 minutes of the Bengals game as if they were intent on keeping their "perfect" road record intact. I commented on it accurately as it was unfolding before us.

As far as Suisham. The guy's been money all season. He in fact is performing up to his capabilities. If the other 52 guys on the roster and the coaching staff were performing up to Suisham's level we'd easily be 6-0 right now.

So making this sort of parallel is completely off base.

steelerrob
10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Actually I wasn't having a go at Zu! Just trying the old "expect the worst - team wins" thing out.

SteelerEmpire
10-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Perhaps the most improved player on the team... however, hope I haven't spoken too soon...

zulater
10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Actually I wasn't having a go at Zu! Just trying the old "expect the worst - team wins" thing out.

Oops sorry Rob. My initail thought at reading your post was along those lines. But that darn Preacher stirred me up and I went off a little. Sorry!

http://www.moviemarket.com/library/photos/257/257169.jpg

Dang Preacher stirring up trouble!

Craic
10-25-2012, 03:53 AM
Oops sorry Rob. My initail thought at reading your post was along those lines. But that darn Preacher stirred me up and I went off a little. Sorry!

Dang Preacher stirring up trouble!

???

http://www.itchmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/loldog-funny-pictures-innocent-dog.jpg

Lou Donny
10-25-2012, 11:08 AM
we talked about Suisham on the most recent podcast. One thing that was mentioned on the show was Suisham avoided any psychological issues from the miss in Tennessee. Often times kickers can suffer after big misses. Got to give him credit.

Now the next step is acknowledging his range, or lack thereof. Haley/Tomlin need to keep his range in mind when play calling. You push Suisham outside of 48 yds....it gets a little shaky. Inside of that distance, however, he is proving to be consistent this year.

Craic
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
we talked about Suisham on the most recent podcast. One thing that was mentioned on the show was Suisham avoided any psychological issues from the miss in Tennessee. Often times kickers can suffer after big misses. Got to give him credit.

Now the next step is acknowledging his range, or lack thereof. Haley/Tomlin need to keep his range in mind when play calling. You push Suisham outside of 48 yds....it gets a little shaky. Inside of that distance, however, he is proving to be consistent this year.

Actually, his range looks to be exactly 53 yards, since he missed that last kick by a yard in the game against Tenn.

tube517
10-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Sushi got a bit of the injury "bug" too. I can't believe this rash of injuries but it seems like this every year.