PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark predicts 11-5 record on First Take

polamalubeast
07-25-2010, 11:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5403648&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

Ryan Clark was on ESPN First Take this morning doing 1st and ten with Skip Bayless and he said some pretty interesting stuff.

He predicted the Steelers to go 11-5 this year. He also guaranteed that they would have a better record then 9-7.

He also thinks that the first few games that Ben comes back will be more difficult then the games he is suspended because of the rust factor.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=403749

Psycho Ward 86
07-25-2010, 11:45 AM
I like it. Personally, im predicting 10-6. I think were going to have some really satisfying nail-biter wins this season, similiar to '08.

stillers4me
07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm glad to see the players are not buying into the gloom and doom of the media.

Now go do it, boys!

steelerdude15
07-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been predicting 10-6 or 11-5, it would be awesome if it was one of those two. I also had a dream last night the Steelers beat the Ravens 28 to 6 last night and started the season 2-0. :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
07-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I'll take that as long as it gets us to the playoff's..

SteelCityMan786
07-25-2010, 02:14 PM
If that record gets the Steelers into the playoffs and ultimately the 7th Lombardi, I am happy.

st33lersguy
07-25-2010, 02:31 PM
That's more likely to happen if he would do more covering and less yapping

Shea
07-25-2010, 02:35 PM
That's more likely to happen if he would do more covering and less yapping

There's always a Debbie downer ...

Just win their division, that's all I'm worried about.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
If that record gets the Steelers into the playoffs and ultimately the 7th Lombardi, I am happy.

You owe me a 6 pack. I already said that.. (Make that a six-pack of coke) lol

steeldevil
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM
I would be pleased with 11-5 for sure. I personally think 10-6 or 11-5 and it will be a very close division race with us and the ravens. MAYBE the Bengals as well...

ALLD
07-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Ben's rust might only last a couple of quarters over a couple of games. Remember, this dude is coming back with something to prove in the likes that we have not seen in a very long time. I bet he is quicker in his decision making and more accurate with his throwing. If we can get Mendy to catch out of the backfield we should do extemely well.

stillers4me
07-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Ben's rust might only last a couple of quarters over a couple of games. Remember, this dude is coming back with something to prove in the likes that we have not seen in a very long time. I bet he is quicker in his decision making and more accurate with his throwing. If we can get Mendy to catch out of the backfield we should do extemely well.

Working out with high school teams works well for Lord Favre. Get Ben out there with one for the month he's suspended and then (fingers crossed) he'll have 2 weeks with his own receivers and he'll be fine. It's not like he doesn't know the playbook.

steelpride12
07-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I've been predicting 10-6 or 11-5, it would be awesome if it was one of those two. I also had a dream last night the Steelers beat the Ravens 28 to 6 last night and started the season 2-0. :lol:

Haha awesome dream bro! I like the sound of it as well, plus I also predict an 11 and 5 record with us making the wild card!

Moose
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I sure hope everyone is right in their 11-5 and 10-6 predictions, but I just don't see where all of this improvement is coming from from our last season 9-7 year. Hopefully Ben is taking snaps and doing some throwing during his time away from the team, there has to be someone out there that is working with him. At least 4 games he won't be playing as you all know, but for our case, Dixon and Leftwich should be ready. But what did the team do to fix our aging defense ? The defense that LOST 5 games ----5 4th quarter LEADS pissed away ! And how can they get that DOMINATING running game that Mr.Rooney wants when we LOST RB Willie Parker, WR's Sanonio Holmes and Lima Sweed. I didn't see alot done to upgrade the running game....at least so far. I'm not sure losing Willie Colon for the season will hurt us, but I'm sure it isn't a plus for us. I'm thinking at least a 9-7 season again, but you know they will have a few games that they'll squeek out a WIN when we weren't expecting one.....but then on the other hand you know there will be a game or two of 'sure wins' that they'll end of squandering away.....thanks BA !!

salamander
07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I'd be happy with an 11-5 record.

polamalubeast
07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Haha awesome dream bro! I like the sound of it as well, plus I also predict an 11 and 5 record with us making the wild card!

My dream would be that the Ravens finished the season 15-1 and the steelers finished the season 10-6 and then they will beat the Ravens in division round and then win the super bowl!

I also want to win against the chargers and pats on the road in playoffs!

But if the steelers win the super bowl in 2010, would lead to missing the playoffs in 2011!:frusty::ranger::rofl2:

tony hipchest
07-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I sure hope everyone is right in their 11-5 and 10-6 predictions, but I just don't see where all of this improvement is coming from from our last season 9-7 year.troy and smith are back, along with mcfadden and foote. we cut dead weight coaches zeirlien and ligashesky, drafted pouncey, and made many strides in upgrading our ST unit.

as for ben being gone, we have several players who can get sacked 3 times and turn the ball over once a game.

clarks prediction sounds about right. with ben, i'd say 12-4. w/o troy and smith, i'd say 9-7 again.

Psycho Ward 86
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I sure hope everyone is right in their 11-5 and 10-6 predictions, but I just don't see where all of this improvement is coming from from our last season 9-7 year.

it's really simple. The injury bug on Troy, Aaron Smith, Timmons, Keisel, and Harrison really, really messed us up defensively. We gave Parker way too many chances to prove that he's still got it and therefore, Mendenhall probably should have been starting and getting all the carries from day 1. And also, the stained carpet in my living room has more imagination and intelligence than Bruce Arians, and Rooney has urged us to get back to the run and give us some balance.

No, this wont completely offset Ben's suspension, losing Colon, and losing Holmes, but its going to make up a ton of ground.

Galax Steeler
07-26-2010, 03:51 AM
I would take 11-5 any day and hopefully we can do that this year. I just hope Clark isn't going to do like Anthony Smith done a few years back and start perdicting stuff and it comes back to bite him.

venom
07-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Your prediction to God's ears . I would take 11-5 in a heartbeat !!

HometownGal
07-26-2010, 05:39 AM
you know there will be a game or two of 'sure wins' that they'll end of squandering away.....thanks BA !!

You do mean "thanks defense" don't ya? :coffee: The O didn't squander away the leads last season. :doh:

Whatever record gets them into the playoffs is just fine with me. Winning the division would be cool, but we're going to have some very stiff competition in that regard from the purple pricks.

siss
07-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Ben's return will be the return of the prodigal.

memphissteelergirl
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm glad to see the players are not buying into the gloom and doom of the media.

Now go do it, boys!

:amen:

vasteeler
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
My dream would be that the Ravens finished the season 15-1 and the steelers finished the season 10-6 and then they will beat the Ravens in division round and then win the super bowl!

I also want to win against the chargers and pats on the road in playoffs!

But if the steelers win the super bowl in 2010, would lead to missing the playoffs in 2011!:frusty::ranger::rofl2:

well since there will probably be no football in 2011, id be ok with that

Vincent
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
17-2. Lombardi #7.

Don't make me have to say it again.

steel striker
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
As long as we make the playoffs I don't care what our record is. I just hope Troy & Arron Smith are healthy as well.