PDA

View Full Version : Great Game IKE and Company !!

katmandu
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Great game shutting down Greene !

GBMelBlount
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you for playing well in the second half "D".

It made the all the difference.

steelreserve
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM
The defense played well enough to win tonight, not dominant, but they didn't collapse or do any stupid shit. Especially in the second half. That's a huge improvement from the typical outing without Troy, when half the game is spent in a panic. Ordinarily, I'd chalk some of it up to the Bengals being the Bengals, but I didn't see a terrible lot of dropped balls or dumb mistakes on their part. This is the way we have to play defense if we want to win this season. Not counting on some brilliant performance from All-Pros, just not making mistakes and not playing soft, and doing enough to win.

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Ike played very well, but he had a lot of help over the top with clark. On a side note i really dont think harrison is near 80% he just doesnt have the explosion of the line. plus i know whitworth has his number, Da berd as NT he was getting a push and then DAMN Big snack had a sighting tonight.

7willBheaven
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I tip my hat to Keenan Lewis tonight also.

Pristas
10-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Ike was serviceable. Having the safety play on top of you EVERY play certainly made sure the ball wasn't going to Greene. That said, the Bengals lost because Dalton didn't force a few passes his way. That guy can go up and above everyone to make a catch. If it were a veteran QB, we would have been toast.

Randy06
10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Yep, great job fellas.

Austin87
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Good job by Ike.

steelpride12
10-22-2012, 09:37 AM
The whole game, but mostly in the second half the defensed played the way they should have: bend, but not break.

steel striker
10-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice win

Buckinnuts
10-22-2012, 10:15 AM
good thing the bengals only had one reciever so the safetie could save taylor...he still looked hidious out there...if they had 2 good recievers he would of looked like normal ......shitty

fansince'76
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I tip my hat to Keenan Lewis tonight also.

Lewis saved Ike with that one tipped ball, because Green was open in the EZ for what would have been a sure TD. Thankfully the Bengals only had one WR that was an actual threat.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Lewis saved Ike with that one tipped ball, because Green was open in the EZ for what would have been a sure TD. Thankfully the Bengals only had one WR that was an actual threat.

Yep. If it weren't for Keenan, Ike gives up his 2nd TD of the game on that play.

Ike definitely played better though and I'll give him credit for that.

steelpride12
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Ike played very well, but he had a lot of help over the top with clark. On a side note i really dont think harrison is near 80% he just doesnt have the explosion of the line. plus i know whitworth has his number, Da berd as NT he was getting a push and then DAMN Big snack had a sighting tonight.

The thing with Harrison is he used his size as an advantage. He was able to torque his body to a crazy angle against a defender using his KNEE, now that he injured it he can't use those crazy angles like he used to which makes blocking him that much easier.

Ike played phenomenal. In no way am I surprised, before this season he was our stand out defender and could have been pro bowl worthy. He had a few games, he was picked on, but it's only a matter of time before he returns to form.