PDA

View Full Version : Hero's and zero's.

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Hero. If I'm limited to one. Dick LeBeau.

Zero. No one. We won. :lol:

:wink02:

tube517
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Heroes: Dwyer, Earl, Ben, Antonio, Woodley

steelpride12
10-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Heroes: Dywer, Offense, 2nd half defense, Ike in particular.
Zeroes: ST's.

Edman
Heroes:

Willie Colon.
Heath Miller.

Zeroes:

Mike Wallace. This dude isn't worth the money.

zulater

No Ike?

polamalubeast
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Ben is not a zero for me,but c'mon....Protect the ball....The interception and the fumble was awful

st33lersguy
10-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Heroes: Ben another great day, Dwyer for powerful running, Taylor for airtight coverage on A.J Green, Willie Colon for excellent powerful blocking and NO HOLDING PENALTIES

Zeroes: Limas Wallace and the slabs of concrete at the end of his arms, the return team that only holds anymore

Shoes
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
H: Ben, Brown, Miller, Dwyer....D did a pretty good job including hold-em Ike ( I think he only had 1 hold tonight ) :chuckle:

Z: Wallace

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Heroes:

Willie Colon.
Heath Miller.

Zeroes:

Mike Wallace. This dude isn't worth the money.

His last drop may have won us the game!

Seriously, follow this logic. ( or lack thereof) He catches it, the ball's at about the 33. Tomlin correctly goes for the fg, and Sushi misses it! Now they get the ball at the 40 and who knows what?!

:wink02:

Psycho Ward 86
10-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Ike, Dwyer, and Colon.

Wallace buddy, 4 drops in one game? FOUR? Just...no.

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Ben is not a zero for me,but c'mon....Protect the ball....The interception and the fumble was awful

He didn't have much chance on the fumble. The interception was bad on him though.

Steeltreal
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM

who is this Earl?

tube517
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
who is this Earl?

Earl "Heath" Miller.

Iron Steeler
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
so many points in the first half left off the board... But all in all happy about the win,

Hero: Ben, Dwyer, HALEY, Heath more so for his amazing blocking tonight

Zero: Most definitely mike wallace.

steelreserve
10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Hero: Dwyer, Ben, DBs

Zero: Wallace

edit: Rainey and Brown were also awesome; too bad half their big plays were wiped out by penalties.

zulater
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Tomlin deserves credit for going for the 2 point conversion at the end of the half. I really think that wiped out everything bad that happened previous to that, not just in the first half of this game, but also the previous road games. In other words it was like a magic eraser. Instead of going into the half losing and the Bengals getting the second half kick, you're now tied, and none of the drops, penalties or turnovers matter.

GBMelBlount
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM
who is this Earl?

LOL. I assumed he meant heath.

dislocatedday
10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't think he rises to "Hero" status....but I wanted to give some props to Mike Adams, who looked like he got his feet under him tongiht. I know he had help, and he is playing on the right instead of left, but he looked miles ahead of where he was back in pre-season.

GoSlash27
10-21-2012, 11:22 PM
My game ball goes to Heeeeeath! He was in beast mode tonight! :whoo:

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Hero: Dwyer, Heath, Oline, 2nd half D

Zero: Mike Wallace (thinking about calling him dwight stone) his contract is to big in his hands it just gets in the way and he cant squeeze the ball , Amos Jones

Steelman
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Heroes: Heath played a heck of a game. Total football player. Props to the O-line for playing pretty well all things considered. Dwyer stepped up big time. He's not real fast, but if he can stay low and break a tackle now and then, he might supplant Redman as 2nd string back. I thought Woodley played pretty well, got that key interception that turned the game in our favor.

Since we won, honorable mentions go to Ike for playing solid ball against AJ Green, though I thought Lewis may have outplayed him, especially on that PD on the long ball. Green had Ike beat for a TD if not for Lewis. We gave up some run yardage, but I thought Hampton finally had a solid game, saw him get some push and stuff a few runs up the gut. Big Ben's leadership is key to this team, love how he rallied the guys (which didn't lead to any points on the drive, but you never saw him get fazed, even with the early TO's.)

Zeros: Wallace stole a page from "Hands of Stone" Ike. Terrible, even with the suspect catch at the end of the game. The ST's need a lot of work. Brown and Rainey are the best returners we've had in some time and every play gets erased by a stupid penalty.

Credit to a much-maligned by the fans Dick LeBeau, he made some nice adjustments at the half, something many of us have been calling him out about. Well, he did, and it worked. The defense didn't choke late with a 1 possession game on the line in the 4th quarter, even though the Bengals had two shots to create a drive to send it to OT.

Credit to Haley for his creativeness and patience. Liked how he went to pounding it up the middle after the turnovers, and then spiced it up later with some end-arounds and bigger shots downfield. This offense could be special.

OK, Willie Colon might not be a good guard, but watching him pummel people to the floor is ridiculously awesome.

zulater
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
How about a special teams game ball for Suisham? 3 kicks all over 40 yards and there was never a doubt about any of them from the moment they left his foot.
Honestly the guy is having a Pro Bowl quality season! Who'd ever thunk it?! :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
10-21-2012, 11:28 PM
gotta agree with steelman's notion about dwyer supplanting redman. I was pimping redman all season to be fairly successful as a starter, but he really hasnt done, or as a 2nd string for that matter. Dwyer used to be slow and timid against contact but he looked like an NFL running back tonight. Angry running, now that shit i love to see.

BlastFurnace
10-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Hero: Offensive Line, Ben, Keenan Lewis
Zero: Wallace, Special Teams

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 11:42 PM
LOL. I assumed he meant heath.

It's amazing to me how many fans don't realize that Earl and not Heath is his first name. Come on, people!!!

stillers4me
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Hero: the Paul Brown stadium security guard that removed an entire row of drunk, obnoxious Bengals fans near us in the 3rd quarter. :lol:

Zero: Where's Wallace

oneforthetoe
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Heroes: Of course Ben and mostly everyone mentioned above, but I will single out the o'line and Dwyer for one reason. They helped out out defense tonight by possessing the ball. If there is no running game, especially in the first half, I'll bet the ostrich farm that Dalton gets a few long hook-ups to Green and we lose the game.

steelerdude15
10-22-2012, 12:00 AM
The hero's would definitely be Ben, Johnny D., Heath, and Antonio. Honorable mentions go to Ike, Keenan, and Shaun. I'd say that Heath is the number one hero because he caught six passes which one was a touchdown and another was a great effort in getting the two point conversion. He also blocked extremely well tonight. He blocked for Ben, buying him time in the pocket which was vital and also made some great blocks for runners as well.

The zero's would have to go Larry, Casey, and Mikey. Larry and Casey were shut down for most of the night, especially in the running game. Of course, Mike had quite a few dropped passes.

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2012, 12:08 AM
It's amazing to me how many fans don't realize that Earl and not Heath is his first name. Come on, people!!!

EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLL just doesnt have the ssame ring to it as HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HHHHHHH

Steeldude
10-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Zeroes - Wallace, DL, LBs

Heroes - Brown, Miller, Dwyer

venom
10-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Heroes - Ben, Antonio, Heath, Ike , Dwyer

Zeroes- Wallace and Special Teams

zulater
10-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Zeroes - Wallace, DL, LBs

Heroes - Brown, Miller, Dwyer

I think you're the only one that led with zeroes? :lol: And I don't know how you can list the entire front 7 as zeroes after the performance they gave last night anyway?

steeldawg
10-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Hero: you can pencil heath into this categeory every week

zero: wallace, batch, tomlin

Wallace and Batch look like they have never caught a football before in their lives.
Tomlin I think has to get blame because our fundamentals are awful, penalties on every kick return and simple things like catching the ball.

zulater
10-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Hero: you can pencil heath into this categeory every week

zero: wallace, batch, tomlin

Wallace and Batch look like they have never caught a football before in their lives.
Tomlin I think has to get blame because our fundamentals are awful, penalties on every kick return and simple things like catching the ball.

I'm with you on the penalties, particularly since he took it upon himself to fire the ST coach right before the start of the season. The drops, I don't think those fall on him.

Moose
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I would definitely give a special game ball to HEATH.
HERO'S would be Coach LeBeau on his game plan against Green making him nonexistent. Also to Brown, Rainey, Dwyer and of course Ben. Good TEAM WORK !
ZERO'S would be to WALLACE. Another 3 TD's could've been on the board if he had hand's. And I might slip in James Harrison too. His non-existence is starting to piss me off...can he not man handle the line anymore and get to the QB ?

GBMelBlount
10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLL just doesnt have the ssame ring to it as HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HHHHHHH

Exactly!

Has anybody ever heard of an "Earl Bar?"

I think not....

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Exactly!

Has anybody ever heard of an "Earl Bar?"

Nope

11angrymen
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Heroes: Every Steeler player and coach (with the exception of the Zeroes listed below). A special heroe salute to Marvin Lewis and his use of the challenges!

Zeroes: Mike "Limas" Wallace, Baron Batch(gotta catch that!) return team (except Brown & Rainey) penalties hve to stop!!!!!!

X-Terminator
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I would definitely give a special game ball to HEATH.
HERO'S would be Coach LeBeau on his game plan against Green making him nonexistent. Also to Brown, Rainey, Dwyer and of course Ben. Good TEAM WORK !
ZERO'S would be to WALLACE. Another 3 TD's could've been on the board if he had hand's. And I might slip in James Harrison too. His non-existence is starting to piss me off...can he not man handle the line anymore and get to the QB ?

Harrison is not in game-shape right now. Missing the entire off-season program and training camp is tough on a player, especially when he's over 30. Plus, I still think his back is giving him problems, but he won't admit it.

GBMelBlount
10-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Nope

That's because they call them "Heath Bars!"

86WARD
10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Hero - Heath Miller. Jonathan Dwyer.
Zero - Special Teams Flags...

steeldevil
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Heros: Dick LeBeau and the whole defense, but especially Ike Taylor. The OL and Heath Miller, I would say Dwyer but the OL was giving him the biggest holes I have seen in awhile.

Zeros: The DL, Wallace. The DL was getting pushed around a bit on running plays.

All around, all teams considered, very good game.

HollywoodSteel
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Hero: the Paul Brown stadium security guard that removed an entire row of drunk, obnoxious Bengals fans near us in the 3rd quarter. :lol:

Zero: Where's Wallace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcgvFEdhq-I

tube517
10-22-2012, 06:43 PM

:chuckle: True. But.....

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/20161_1214344970096_450_450.jpg

SteelGhost
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Heroes : Ben (his turnovers did not cost us the game), Heath, Dwyer, the OL, Suisham and HALEY.
Zero : Mike Wallace

steeldawg
10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm with you on the penalties, particularly since he took it upon himself to fire the ST coach right before the start of the season. The drops, I don't think those fall on him.

Normally i would agree about the drops if it were just one game, but we are seeing it game after game. I would have wallace doing nothing but catching passes all practice long, I mean this guy is getting wide open and not catching the ball. So i blame tomlin because this is something that should be corrected or at least improved.