PDA

View Full Version : Face it. We're losers. (Premature)

zulater
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
We'll be lucky to win 6 games. This is the worst Steelers team since the late 60's if you take away Ben.

steel9guy
10-21-2012, 08:25 PM
THIS GAME IS A FREAKEN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! Are they trying? I mean are they?

zulater
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Head loser Mike Wallace!

katmandu
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Head loser Mike Wallace!That last ball was tipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they trying? I mean are they?Willie Colon sure as hell is !!

st33lersguy
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
At this point Limas Sweed might have better hands than Limas Wallace. I will attending the Giants Steeler game and I feel like I am going to be attending the Apollo Creed Ivan Drago exhibition with the Giants being Drago

zulater
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
That last ball was tipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Willie Colon sure as hell is !!

Tipped but still catchable for an NFL wide receiver.

Hey that ball Woodley picked changed trajectory! But he caught it all the same. Guess it's possible after all!

Nadroj 20
10-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I know guys it really sucks that we are losing right now 42-0.

Oh wait...

GBMelBlount
10-21-2012, 09:05 PM
The lack of intensity, execution and discipline is unbelievable. We are fortunate to be tied at half time.

Just wow.

Ben, Heath and Brown were definitely bright spots in the first half.

I want to see Ben come out in the 2nd half with guns blazing and touchdowns...not field goals.

zulater
10-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I know guys it really sucks that we are losing right now 42-0.

Oh wait...

Tell me about it after we win a game.

Troy43
10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
You guys need to chill, worst in years? you forget the 06 season? We're right on the brink of being great. We're just sloppy with these drops. Calm down n stay confident!

Carolina Steelers
10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
You guys need to chill, worst in years? you forget the 06 season? We're right on the brink of being great. We're just sloppy with these drops. Calm down n stay confident!

I agree this is why i started staying out of game day forum, every bad play we suck then we make a clucth play then were on our way to being great again that why i try to hold off to end of game before i comment on it. In the heat of moment people get ahead of themselves. IMO

Nadroj 20
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM

Will do.

steelpride12
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
HAHAHAHAH Great post Zu :lol:

Nadroj 20
10-21-2012, 10:35 PM

:wave: hi zu.

Listen definitely not here to say I told you so. But I was thrown off by the overreacting I was seeing here. Worse team since the 60s? I knew we were moving the ball and getting yards but were beating ourselves. We fixed that in the second half and got ourselves a big win.

1-0 in the division

steelpride12
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Thread of the year! :lol:

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
:doh: Oh well I'm a happy idiot tonight.

Still you've got to admit it was a tale of two games. The first 2o minutes they were Keystone Cops. Last 40 minutes they looked like a championship contender.

Nadroj 20
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Good man Zulater

Just glad we got the W.

Carolina Steelers
I agree Zu looked rough @ beginning but thats why its 60 min game. I remember the Chargers Broncos game 24-0 @ half then Broncos play 2nd half and dominate

steelpride12
Sticky this glorious thread!

steel9guy
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
This thread needs to be posted in every game.

tube517
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Zu's always using "reverse psychology" in his threads. Just play along. :chuckle:

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Steelers' fans.

Knee-jerk reactions since 1933.

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Sticky this glorious thread!

We should sticky it, if only because there are one of these threads posted during every game, and usually before the first half is over. Saves time and bandwidth.

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
We should sticky it, if only because there are one of these threads posted during every game, and usually before the first half is over. Saves time and bandwidth.

Dude, you had us getting blown out before kickoff. At least I waited until the second turnover before posting this! :lol:

BlastFurnace
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Don't dogpile on Zu.

This team looked like garbage at times in the first half and it's been a very frustrating season.

Tonight was some relief.

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Dude, you had us getting blown out before kickoff. At least I waited until the second turnover before posting this! :lol:

Uh, yeah I did, and I'm glad I was wrong. But I'm also not big into knee-jerk reactions during games. I save that for people who claim Tomlin is another Switzer. :lol:

fansince'76
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
I have to admit, I had us losing this game too.

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Steelers' fans.

Knee-jerk reactions since 1933.

So when the Steelers turned the ball over the second time you were confident in the win?

It wasn't knee jerk, they were playing God's awful. Drop after drop, penalties galore. Seriously the first 20 minutes of the game they looked like Barney Fife going for his gun!

Glad they turned it around. Hope they can get some momentum off this win.

GBMelBlount
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Uh, yeah I did, and I'm glad I was wrong. But I'm also not big into knee-jerk reactions during games. I save that for people who claim Tomlin is another Switzer. :lol:

Your right. I think Mike Tomzer should at least get partial credit for the "W". :chuckle:

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
So when the Steelers turned the ball over the second time you were confident in the win?

It wasn't knee jerk, they were playing God's awful. Drop after drop, penalties galore. Seriously the first 20 minutes of the game they looked like Barney Fife going for his gun!

Glad they turned it around. Hope they can get some momentum off this win.

I wasn't sure how it would pan out and it obviously wasn't looking good, but I wasn't proclaiming this to be the worst season since the 60s.

I wait until all four quarters have been played before I make any evaluations. The way you're supposed to do it.

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
I wasn't sure how it would pan out and it obviously wasn't looking good, but I wasn't proclaiming this to be the worst season since the 60s.

I wait until all four quarters have been played before I make any evaluations. The way you're supposed to do it.

You do it your way I'll do it mine.

And if we didn't have Ben, this might be the worst Steeler team since the 60's.

fansince'76
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM

You forgetting the '86-'88 teams? This team actually still has SOME talent outside of Roethlisberger...

tube517
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
You forgetting the '86-'88 teams? This team actually still has SOME talent outside of Roethlisberger...

Or the 98-99 teams.

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM

Yes, if we didn't have elite players, we'd be a bad team....

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2012, 11:08 PM
i have to admit after bens fumble i got up and looked at my son and said "OMG i hate these white uniforms we are gonna lose again", but he looked at me and said he have little faith. then when heath score the 2pt conversion he said see we are gonna win we need to run the ball now. MY son the prophet

Craic
10-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Doubt it very much. You seem old enough to remember the '80's before we started picking up good DB's. I KNOW you're old enough to remember 03. Talk about keystone cops.

And THIS is the reason, by the way, why I ALWAYS wait until the sixth game to start make evaluations of the team. Speaking of which, might as well do it here.

1. Injuries. They're going to probably haunt us all year.
2. We are weak on defense, but I think the first eight games and the second eight games are going to have very little in common.
3. Our offense is slow going on the run, and I think it's going to hurt us a time or two, but if we can get it revved up, this just may be a playoff caliber team.
4. We are by no means a SB caliber team, and I would be shocked to see us there. Of course, if we did make it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben pull a third Lombardy out of his rear-end on another last minute drive for the win.

zulater
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM

The 1-13 69 Steelers had Joe Greene, Andy Russell, Ray Mansfield, Preston Pearson, Roy Jefferson, L. C. Greenewood etc...

Without an elite qb this team could look pretty ugly.

Steeldude
10-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes, if we didn't have elite players, we'd be a bad team....

The problem is how many elite players are on the list? BR, Miller and maybe Brown. At the moment Polamalu and Harrison aren't elite. I don't see any elite players on defense this year.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2012, 05:03 PM
this is the dumbest sarcasm thread ever. Im pretty god damn tired of people premeditating absolute doom and just as tired of the dumbasses mocking them. You're all equally stupid. Congratulations.

BlastFurnace
10-22-2012, 05:17 PM
this is the dumbest sarcasm thread ever. Im pretty god damn tired of people premeditating absolute doom and just as tired of the dumbasses mocking them. You're all equally stupid. Congratulations.

It's ok for you to call people on the board Stupid because we call some of Tomlin's decisions Stupid.

It's ok for you to be Tired of a thread like this, but not ok for us to be Tired of watching our favorite team execute poorly.

It's easy to call a thread out like this when the team comes back and wins. Like I said, I don't think it's right or fair for people to dogpile on Zu just because he was frustrated and started a thread showing it.

ALLD
10-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I would rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
It's ok for you to call people on the board Stupid because we call some of Tomlin's decisions Stupid.

It's ok for you to be Tired of a thread like this, but not ok for us to be Tired of watching our favorite team execute poorly.

It's easy to call a thread out like this when the team comes back and wins. Like I said, I don't think it's right or fair for people to dogpile on Zu just because he was frustrated and started a thread showing it.

not at all, i called out tomlin on some decisions that i thought were bad this season. when did i ever say its not ok to watch the team doing poorly? Talk about putting words in my mouth :lol:

ironically, people arent dogpiling on Zu. He's the one dogpiling on people who have been premeditating absolute doom. It's an endless circle of stupidity. That's called beating a dead horse. And it's really annoying. And i can say that as a 3rd party lol

X-Terminator
10-22-2012, 06:18 PM

Although you just called me a dumbass and stupid, I will let it slide. This time. You know the rules about name-calling.

steelpride12
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Although you just called me a dumbass and stupid, I will let it slide. This time. You know the rules about name-calling.
Old nerdy man.

zulater
10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
not at all, i called out tomlin on some decisions that i thought were bad this season. when did i ever say its not ok to watch the team doing poorly? Talk about putting words in my mouth :lol:

ironically, people arent dogpiling on Zu. He's the one dogpiling on people who have been premeditating absolute doom. It's an endless circle of stupidity. That's called beating a dead horse. And it's really annoying. And i can say that as a 3rd party lol

Why do you open threads that you know will bother you?

Talk about stupid.

steeldawg
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM

I know exactly what you are saying here, I feel the same way if ben didnt play at the level he does i think we would be awful.

zulater
10-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I know exactly what you are saying here, I feel the same way if ben didnt play at the level he does i think we would be awful.

Seriously. I mean we may be hard pressed to go .500 this season with Ben? So where would we be without him?

steeldawg
10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Seriously. I mean we may be hard pressed to go .500 this season with Ben? So where would we be without him?

I dont see us winning a game without him right now.

BlastFurnace
10-22-2012, 09:01 PM

You know exactly where I am coming with this and I didn't put words in your mouth. You're the one that called people dumbasses and stupid.

If you don't like a thread like this, don't read it. It's that simple.

zulater
10-22-2012, 10:16 PM
We face real quarterbacks the next two games. Then a couple weeks after that we face Flacco who basically owned us last season. So before anyone poo pah's the sentiment expressed when this thread was made let's see how this team performs against team's not intent on self destruction like the Bungles were.

The penalties this team continues to take on special teams, the dropped passes. The inability to score touchdowns in the red zone, to put away games so the defense doesn't have to make the stop to preserve the win. Do that against a decent team and you're not going to win many.

The way this team played for the first 20 some minutes, do that against a good team and the hole will be too deep to dig out of.

So yeah the win last night was nice. And I don't want to discredit it. I'd say in fact that the Steelers played their best two quarters of football all season last night in the second half.

But it doesn't magically erase what happened in Oakland, and in Tennessee. Or the first 20 minutes last night.

This team still has much to prove. I'm still not convinced that they wont beat themselves enough times to end up as spectators for the playoffs.

So in conclusion I'm not convinced this team has the talent or mental toughness to be considered anything better than mediocre for the moment.

Craic
10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
This team still has much to prove. I'm still not convinced that they wont beat themselves enough times to end up as spectators for the playoffs.

So in conclusion I'm not convinced this team has the talent or mental toughness to be considered anything better than mediocre for the moment.

Talent? you're wrong as wrong can be IMO.

Toughness? Before last night, you'd be as right as right can be. Now? I'm not so sure.

You are right about something else though . . . next few games will tell us everything.

zulater
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Talent? you're wrong as wrong can be IMO.

Toughness? Before last night, you'd be as right as right can be. Now? I'm not so sure.

You are right about something else though . . . next few games will tell us everything.

Talent? How much talent do we have on the defensive side of the ball? Outside of Timmons and Clark who's having a good year?

steelpride12
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
STICKY THIS!

60_MINUTES
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM

This is not a fair statement to make about this team... I understand what your saying without troy and james being healthy we dont seem to have big time play makers right now..however if you take just about any teams Great QB off the field where would they be???? Ive said many times it is and always will be about the QB.. very few teams in history won without a great QB... noone has won the superbowl the past 10 years without one... Take peyton off the colts and they are worst team in football... take BEn from us and we suck shit.. might win a few but not enough thats for sure...

SO I will give you the fact we need more player makers and need to get the ones we got healthy...but making a statement of how bad we would suck without BEN is a no brainer... Shit everyone would suck without their big name QB... They are what makes the team period... Its all about the QB.....

Craic
10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Talent? How much talent do we have on the defensive side of the ball? Outside of Timmons and Clark who's having a good year?

Woodley - he's not having a great year so far, but he is definitely above the average level of talent for a 3-4 LB in our system.
Ike Taylor - Yeah, he's in the doghouse right now. But there's a reason that he's considered one of the top DB's. ESPECIALLY in our system, which is a run support system first.
Ryan Clark - For my money, one of the best FS's out there.

When you had that to Timmons and Clark, that's five guys that I would say are above average talent. I'm not even including Harrison and Troy here because of their injuries. How many other defenses can boast of five guys that are above average talent - AND, five guys that their talent matches the system their in?

We also have a NT on the bench that's on the rise and a second CB that's on the rise. Bemoaning our defense as a lack of talent is like looking at a three-quarter full glass and considering it empty because it's not up the brim.

tube517
10-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Woodley - he's not having a great year so far, but he is definitely above the average level of talent for a 3-4 LB in our system.
Ike Taylor - Yeah, he's in the doghouse right now. But there's a reason that he's considered one of the top DB's. ESPECIALLY in our system, which is a run support system first.
Ryan Clark - For my money, one of the best FS's out there.

When you had that to Timmons and Clark, that's five guys that I would say are above average talent. I'm not even including Harrison and Troy here because of their injuries. How many other defenses can boast of five guys that are above average talent - AND, five guys that their talent matches the system their in?

We also have a NT on the bench that's on the rise and a second CB that's on the rise. Bemoaning our defense as a lack of talent is like looking at a three-quarter full glass and considering it empty because it's not up the brim.

Ryan Clark is so good, he counts as 2 players. :chuckle: :huh::yup::behindsofa:

Just teasing ya, Preach!

Craic
10-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Ryan Clark is so good, he counts as 2 players. :chuckle: :huh::yup::behindsofa:

Just teasing ya, Preach!

I was think Clark Haggans. :doh: Dude's not even with us anymore!

Good catch!

GBMelBlount
10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Preacher is right imo.

It can take 6 to 8 games to gauge a teams strengths and weaknesses and make the necessary adjustments.

For how bad it seems at times, we have been the equal of every team we have played and barring 4th quarter lapses and penalties we could be 5-1.

I say with a little help from the injury gods, some adjustments and a little "gel" that we ARE contenders.

zulater
10-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Preacher is right imo.

It can take 6 to 8 games to gauge a teams strengths and weaknesses and make the necessary adjustments.

For how bad it seems at times, we have been the equal of every team we have played and barring 4th quarter lapses and penalties we could be 5-1.

I say with a little help from the injury gods, some adjustments and a little "gel" that we ARE contenders.

I really hope so. And you're right we could be 5-1. But we could also be 2-4, the Eagles game came down to a play or two as well. And how many more Raiders and Titans are there ahead? Outside of the Chiefs there's nothing close to a game you can take for granted with the way this team has played so far this season. And that even goes for the Browns, who play everyone competitively.

Situationally this team has to improve considerably before I'll believe they have any real chance to make a run in the playoffs, or even to get there for that matter. Our 3rd down defense is near the bottom of the league. Our red zone offense continues to settle for field goals over touchdowns. Our red zone defense tends to go in the opposite direction and give up touchdowns and rarely hold a team to a field goal. And more weeks than not we lose the special teams battle.