PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Respect thine enemy

stillers4me
10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
If this is the end for the great Ray Lewis, the Steelers are sorry to see him go. Bitter division rivals with the Baltimore Ravens for nearly the entire 17 years Lewis has played there, the Steelers nonetheless seemed to have enjoyed the experience. They were not happy to see him leave with perhaps a career-ending torn triceps muscle last week. "He's a trend-setter," said Troy Polamalu. "He was the prototype and what everybody wanted in their middle linebacker."
• • • •
The Steelers drafted Polamalu and Ike Taylor in 2003, and they played the season finale in Baltimore, where the Ravens put on a show to introduce their starting lineups before each game.
"One of my favorite moments ever," Polamalu said, "in my rookie year, watching the starting lineups. I said man, this is the 8th wonder of the world. It was really amazing. I remember Ike and I looked at each other and our jaws dropped.".........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-respect-thine-enemy-658522/#ixzz29wGzSesa