PDA

View Full Version : Starkey: Big Ben speaks truth about offense

stillers4me
10-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Ben Roethlisberger seemed surprised when reporters crowded his locker Friday, seeking word on his heavily taped right ankle.

Roethlisberger had practiced without issue. He didn’t think the ankle was a big deal. Early in a two-minute drill with his inquisitors, he addressed a much-bigger deal: The Steelers’ chronic inability to roll up lofty point totals.

As you might have noticed, dominant defense doesn’t live here anymore. Any reasonable person would tell you it is the offense’s turn to carry this franchise. Roethlisberger knows that. I’m just not convinced he believes Todd Haley’s offense is designed to get there.............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2793755-85/offense-roethlisberger-steelers-ben-quarterback-score-season-starkey-haley-afc#ixzz29wGD7pOj

salamander
10-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Minus the fact that the o-line cannot stay healthy, we don't have a running game, there's been more dropped passes this season than I don't think we've seen in a while.

86WARD
10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Uh-oh...get ready for fireworks!!!

“Haley’s offense is not a big-play offense,” he said. “It’s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.”

steeldawg
10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Minus the fact that the o-line cannot stay healthy, we don't have a running game, there's been more dropped passes this season than I don't think we've seen in a while.

Great point, im not sure whats going on with our recievers but it seems to be a lack of focus.