PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Dwyer likely starter at RB in Cincinnati

stillers4me
10-20-2012, 08:46 PM
With Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman out with injuries, third-year running back Jonathan Dwyer likely will make his first career start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.

He is well aware that the Steelers' anemic run game -- ranked 31st in the NFL -- needs to improve, not only for its own sake, but to help the passing game.

"It helps Ben [Roethlisberger] out. It helps the receivers. It helps our team," Dwyer said, adding that a more potent running attack will keep defenses off-kilter so that Roethlisberger is "able to throw the ball downfield and make those big plays to Mike [Wallace], A.B. [Antonio Brown] and Heath [Miller]. It helps us balance our offense out."

In their three losses, the Steelers have blown fourth-quarter leads that might have been preserved with more effective rushing -- a point not lost on Dwyer..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-dwyer-likely-starter-at-rb-in-cincinnati-658337/#ixzz29tUC5T3N

Steeldude
10-20-2012, 09:07 PM
If anything we get to see how Dwyer plays for an entire game.

86WARD
10-20-2012, 10:05 PM
100+

Craic
10-20-2012, 11:54 PM
If anything we get to see how Dwyer plays for an entire game.
I'm hoping that he really does show something. It'd be nice to know that we have a deep stable of running backs.

GBMelBlount
10-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Well said Mr. Virges. When one door closes another one opens.....and thank you for your service.

Great teams and great players overcome adversity.

I feel this is a defining moment in our season..

James M. Virges Jr. · Chief Warrant Officer in US Army at The U.S. Army

I know it seems like hard times for Steeler nation but I think could actually be a blessing in disguise. Our young players are getting the opportunity to play and get much needed experience, and lets remember Nation, it is not how you start the season but how you finish! Go Steelers!

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-dwyer-likely-starter-at-rb-in-cincinnati-658337/#ixzz29tUC5T3N

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 03:52 PM
100+

Maybe on Madden 12...

86WARD
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
100+

:eyebrows:

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
:eyebrows:

:lol: