PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ strategy: Shut down Green

stillers4me
10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
The Steelers defensively will simplify the game plan against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. No need to complicate matters when facing a mostly one-dimensional team.

The Bengals, often handcuffed by an inconsistent run game, are sometimes forced to rely almost exclusively on gifted receiver A.J. Green.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2795244-85/green-steelers-bengals-catches-game-taylor-yards-clark-coverage-dalton#ixzz29tTUWnhx

Steeldude
10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
If Taylor is covering him expect a lot of PI penalties to be called on Taylor.

Moose
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Atta way guys, you did your homework. Dalton/Green combination, our weak secondary, no CB's, no one with the speed of Green to keep up. Ought to be interesting.

Count Steeler
10-20-2012, 10:32 PM
The Steelers defensively will simplify the game plan against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. No need to complicate matters when facing a mostly one-dimensional team.

The Bengals, often handcuffed by an inconsistent run game, are sometimes forced to rely almost exclusively on gifted receiver A.J. Green.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2795244-85/green-steelers-bengals-catches-game-taylor-yards-clark-coverage-dalton#ixzz29tTUWnhx

Really? How much simpler can this defense get? Hasselback and Palmer had career days. We trying to spread the love to Dalton as well?

Steeldude
10-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Really? How much simpler can this defense get? Hasselback and Palmer had career days. We trying to spread the love to Dalton as well?

:eek: I think we will see 8 in our backfield with 3 D-linemen playing patty-cake with the O-linemen. In other words, we will run a 3-8 with no one rushing. I don't see how much simpler it could get from what it is now.

SteelerFanInStl
10-21-2012, 09:38 AM
:eek: I think we will see 8 in our backfield with 3 D-linemen playing patty-cake with the O-linemen. In other words, we will run a 3-8 with no one rushing. I don't see how much simpler it could get from what it is now.

I'm looking forward to seeing the ginger pick us apart all day. :(

Moose
10-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the ginger pick us apart all day. :(

I've said this along SteelerFan. Green will kill our CB's, and if you give Green the cushion our CB's give he'll be 30yrds down field by the time they see what happened. Hawkins will pick them apart also. Hopefully, LeBeau will have a plan to defend their speed. I know most of the problems are the players not playing up to par and missing tackles and the damn cushion on the WRs, but he has to see it's not working and make some changes. If not, then as much as I hate to say it, after Oakland, Tenn., and then the bungholes I'd say it's time for LeBeau to ride off in the sunset.

Edman
10-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Signs are pointing to a monumental ass-beating by the Bengals tonight.

fansince'76
10-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Which means they'll probably go for a buck-fifty+ on the ground against us tonight...

zulater
10-21-2012, 12:55 PM
We should hire jeff gillooly to hit A.J. in the ankle with a tire iron in the pre game warm-up.

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Stop A.J. Green? Yeah right. I see Green going for 150+ and 2 TD, and Hawkins picking up another 75 and 2 TD. Why would the Bengals need to do anything else? Tell The Law Firm to take the night off, with pay. His services will not be needed.

steel9guy
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Steelers strategy. Wax up the game and hand it to the Bungles.

polamalubeast
10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
1 catch 8 yards for Green.....

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Great game Dick LeBeau and Ike Taylor! :applaudit:

st33lersguy
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Ike Taylor shadowed Green and shut him down. Even Green's catch wasn't the fault of Taylor, just an amazing throw by Dalton to Green, Taylor had tight coverage

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Great game Dick LeBeau and Ike Taylor! :applaudit:

This isn't April Fools, right? Zu giving credit to Ike!?

zulater
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM

I give credit and blame as it's due. Wish we would have seen that at Oakland and Tennesse.

Oh well as long as that's not a one game abberation we'll all be happy.

Shoes
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Good game for Ike and the D .... hope it continues.

fansince'76
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Which means they'll probably go for a buck-fifty+ on the ground against us tonight...

Glad I was wrong. I'll happily eat crow over this one. :)

X-Terminator
10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
I was busy during the game and couldn't follow it. Did Ike really hold Green to 1 catch for 8 yards???

polamalubeast
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
I was busy during the game and couldn't follow it. Did Ike really hold Green to 1 catch for 8 yards???

yes!

zulater
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM

You ever going to give any credit to Legurskey?

I thought he did a nice job tonight, and last week too. Obviously he's no Pouncey ( who is?) but he's a good guy to have on your team. Something you've never once admitted to.

Chidi29
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
You ever going to give any credit to Legurskey?

I thought he did a nice job tonight, and last week too. Obviously he's no Pouncey ( who is?) but he's a good guy to have on your team. Something you've never once admitted to.

I'll let you know once I rewatch the game.

Steeldude
10-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Glad I was wrong. I'll happily eat crow over this one. :)

It was looking good. The defense still needs a lot of work. Hampton is horrible.

I hope Harrison starts getting back in shape. He looks tired and weak.

Count Steeler
10-22-2012, 04:55 AM

And no holding penalties!

GBMelBlount
10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
It was looking good. The defense still needs a lot of work. Hampton is horrible.

I hope Harrison starts getting back in shape. He looks tired and weak.

Agreed, but I will give them their dues for a solid 4th quarter performance.

I just wish our offense would put the games away in the 4th.

This does concern me.

We have the personnel and the ability...but it just ain't happenin

Kudos to the "D" and let's hope the trend continues.

Count Steeler
10-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Mission accomplished. Congrats Ike. Now keep it up.