PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall, Redman out for Week 7 at Cincy

polamalubeast
10-19-2012, 12:17 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4652/rashard-mendenhall

steelreserve
10-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Somewhere, Willie Parker is waiting for the phone to ring. It won't happen. They'll call He Hate Me first.

7willBheaven
10-19-2012, 12:50 PM
I figured at least one of them would miss this game.

ALLD
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
The Steelers need to seriously look at their conditioning program. We have more injured players than any other team over the last 5 years and that does not include Limas Sweed.

X-Terminator
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, looks like Ben will need to ice up his arm after the game, because I see 50+ pass attempts Sunday night.

Buckinnuts
10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Too bad taylor wasn't on that list...freakin bum

Count Steeler
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Guess Dwyer and Batch are going to carry the load?

86WARD
10-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Dwyer over 100.

Devilsdancefloor
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Somewhere, Willie Parker is waiting for the phone to ring. It won't happen. They'll call He Hate Me first.

Odd thing about he hate me is he is chris raineys cousin, but i think Dwyer/batch/Rainey can hold the fort down, not like we are running over anyone right now anyway

Craic
10-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Wow . . . you're hatred's such that you'd take a thirty-five year old kick returner with 29 total rushing attempts over a five year career (and four fumbles) over a thirty-one year old 2 time probowl 3-1000 yard rushing years over a six year period (starter for five)?

Seriously?

I mean, Rod "He Hate Me" smart wasn't even that good of a returner. Heck, if you take away his long returns, his average is horrible.

Devilsdancefloor
10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow . . . you're hatred's such that you'd take a thirty-five year old kick returner with 29 total rushing attempts over a five year career (and four fumbles) over a thirty-one year old 2 time probowl 3-1000 yard rushing years over a six year period (starter for five)?

Seriously?

I mean, Rod "He Hate Me" smart wasn't even that good of a returner. Heck, if you take away his long returns, his average is horrible.

ok i literally LOL

GBMelBlount
10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, looks like Ben will need to ice up his arm after the game, because I see 50+ pass attempts Sunday night.

The way our team is bent right now I could not agree more.

However I would like to see us have some fun and line em up 3 & 4 wide and dump it off to the backs a good bit as well.

If we mix it up right we can keep them off balance just as we would with a strong running game

If Haley truly knows how to tailor an offense around a team's strengths...this could be the week where he really earns his paycheck.

Moose
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
DAMN !! Mendy too ?? I just hope someone taught Dwyer how to HOLD the ball !! That fumble he had in the oakland game was the beginning of the downfall and lost.....we can't afford that to happen Sunday night.

86WARD
10-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Beginning of the "downfall?" Lol...that occurred in Denver...well before Oakland.

fansince'76
10-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Great - back to 2 yards per carry and Ben (hopefully) bailing us out on 3rd and long again...

Moose
10-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Cincy- another AFC team and especially a DIVISION game......a MUST win in my book ! I just hope with Mendy out, Troy out, etc., that Dwyer, Rainey, Batch know the importance of getting the job done and a win. NO FUMBLES ! Our defense is going to be a big enough worry with our pathetic CB's and Dalton/Green eating up Ike and the middle of the field .... we need to capitalize on their weak defense.

Edman
10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Great - back to 2 yards per carry and Ben (hopefully) bailing us out on 3rd and long again...

Excellent, maybe Ben will play smart and patient ball again instead of looking to go long every pass play. The Tennesee game was the worst game he's ever played. I said it before and I'll say it again, "Deep to Wallace" is Fool's gold. Good for the 2nd quarter, but nowhere to be seen when we really need it.

The big issue with Ben's game is that he gets exceptionally impatient, greedy and sloppy when he nails the deep bomb. He gets one, and he wants more of it. He goes sandlot (Holds ball too long, Does too much) and the offense gets all disjointed and ineffective as a result.

Count Steeler
10-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Excellent, maybe Ben will play smart and patient ball again instead of looking to go long every pass play. The Tennesee game was the worst game he's ever played. I said it before and I'll say it again, "Deep to Wallace" is Fool's gold. Good for the 2nd quarter, but nowhere to be seen when we really need it.

The big issue with Ben's game is that he gets exceptionally greedy and sloppy when he nails the deep bomb. He gets one, and he wants more of it. He goes sandlot (Holds ball too long, Does too much) and the offense gets all disjointed and ineffective as a result.

Sorry, that was not my take on the Tennessee game at all. By far, the bubble screen was the most common passing play.

Edman
10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Sorry, that was not my take on the Tennessee game at all. By far, the bubble screen was the most common passing play.

And when the Steelers weren't running screens, they were looking long. No cohesion whatsoever. Ben never got into a rhythm and he sucked.

CPanther95
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
ok i literally LOL

So did I.

Another news flash: Ben's QBR sucks if you just remove his 10 TD passes.

steelreserve
10-20-2012, 02:12 PM

Seriously?

I'd still rather have He Hate Me. If we had a choice between two RBs that sucked, I'd rather have the one who sucks and everyone agrees on it, not the one who sucks and people keep trying to say he's good.

stillers4me
10-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Heeeaatthhhh!