PDA

View Full Version : Sprained MCL keeps Steelers' Pouncey off field

LLT
10-18-2012, 06:10 AM
TribLive
By Mark Kaboly
Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey isn’t concerned about the specifics of his knee injury or when he will get back on the field.

Pouncey follows one rule when it comes to figuring out when he’s ready to return from an injury: “If I can push guys up out of there, I am going to go.”

He’s not there yet.

A week after spraining his right medial collateral ligament, Pouncey is improving slowly but still nowhere close to pushing defenders “up out of there.”

Pouncey is holding out hope he can play Sunday night in Cincinnati.

“Every day it is getting better,” he said.

Pouncey walked with a pronounced limp Monday but was able to move around the practice facility Wednesday without any notice of a knee injury.

“It is going to take a couple weeks before it gets all the way healthy,” Pouncey said. “Right now I am just taking it day to day.”

Pouncey didn’t practice but tested his knee by running in the pool. Pouncey was fitted for a knee brace and plans to test his knee on the field Thursday.

“We’ll see what happens as the week progresses, but the plan now is to take it day to day and hope for the best,” Pouncey said. “I’m doing everything I can to get ready to play.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2793332-85/pouncey-injury-knee-gilbert-week-ankle-field-steelers-game-hope#ixzz29eEpt5Sc

Craic
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
It's moments like this that I am so glad we still have Legurskey. Say what you want about him playing Guard (or say little, as there's really little to say), but to have a second string center that is at his level, is a very nice feeling.