PDA

View Full Version : Opposing QBs, offenses like Ike

LLT
10-18-2012, 06:01 AM
By Alan Robinson
Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The numbers are so disparate they seem to belong to two different players.

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor’s statistics through five games last season: 24 passes thrown his way, three completions for 24 yards, no touchdowns, one penalty.

Taylor’s statistics this season: 44 passes thrown his way, 24 completions for 382 yards, four touchdowns, seven penalties called (one declined).

Such remarkably different numbers are difficult to blame on safety Troy Polamalu’s injury absence, Keenan Lewis’ taking over the other cornerback spot, the defensive line’s inability to generate much of a push or the Steelers’ few sacks.

“I need to handle my own and step it up,” Taylor said Wednesday.

Taylor, in his 10th season, is being targeted by quarterbacks like never before. On the first Titans drive last Thursday, Taylor was called for a 25-yard pass interference penalty and gave up a 15-yard completion, and he later yielded 111 yards on seven other passes

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2793408-85/taylor-passes-yards-steelers-season-statistics-thrown-afc-bengals-completions#ixzz29eCTVbiR

Steeldude
10-18-2012, 06:23 AM
He's playing like McFadden

Edman
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
To think we were worried about Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen being the weak link.

Devilsdancefloor
10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
He's playing like McFadden

this plus why not give brown or van dyke a chance?

zulater
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Wonder if we could trade back for Gay? :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Van Dyke can't even restrain himself from holding on virtually every kick return we have, so no thanks on him. Brown however, hell yes. Get him on the field more and find out if he's a player.

Texasteel
10-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Ike is looks to me like he may be slowing down a little. He use to have the speed to make up for a mistake here and there, but this year he looks to be half a step slow.
Add that to the fact that he has always been a physical CB. It could be that some of the league (like Marsha) asked for the refs to watch him closer, and call even the slightest contact. When the pantywaist talk, the league normally listen.

I too would like to see Brown on the field a little more.

Moose
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
It's definitely worth trying Brown, what can it hurt?

Count Steeler
10-18-2012, 04:23 PM
I think the Broncos game at the end of last year exposed Taylor to the league and the sharks are circling cause they can smell the blood. If Ike does not(can not) make adjustments, opposing teams aren't going to change.

As someone else suggested, (60 MINUTES?), maybe we should try him at safety.

Steeldude
10-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Yep, but I don't about Van Dyke though

zulater
10-18-2012, 07:09 PM
I think the Broncos game at the end of last year exposed Taylor to the league and the sharks are circling cause they can smell the blood. If Ike does not(can not) make adjustments, opposing teams aren't going to change.

As someone else suggested, (60 MINUTES?), maybe we should try him at safety.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/15016-How-would-you-fix-the-Steelers-defense/page2

Me. Post 41.