PDA

View Full Version : I would love to look like the smart team for once... this would be great.

60_MINUTES
10-14-2012, 09:23 PM
why not be the team that does things first..dont wait for other teams to show us the way...Lets do something everyone talks about around the league .. Something that would make us look like experts... Ike Taylor was one of the best CB in the league..if the guy could catch he would be HOF material...

he was every bit as good as any shut down corner weve seen the past 20 years... minus the INT issure of course. So therefor he hasnt got the probowls and media hype etc...over the years, anyway thats not what this is about...

My point is simple Ike is also a very good sure Tackle machine... He may not be a huge hitter but with the league today everyone is passing... Taylor may have lost a step on the outside covering every 4.2 speed kid that comes along but if you move him to Safety he could and would play another 5 years shutting down every TE and 4th WR in the game... He would be the best cover safety in the league over the next 5 years period and would be worth the money extension we gave him..

Cortez Allen is ready for the chance to be full time starter for the rest of this year... but no matter what, you could look at it for next year... Why Not? then we draft a corner and we are set......... Lets say Troy can give us one or two more years and gets healthy... look at that pass D... you draft a solid corner and that gives you Troy and Ike at Safety, allen and lewis, with a rookie at CB, thats your nickel pack... it would match up with anyone in football...

yes I know the clark lovers are gonna show up...sorry... I like Clark as well, but the guy is getting older as well, and he is not a cover guy... he is a good hitter and has played well this year but you have to admit if you had your pick..Ryan Clark covering the 3rd or 4th WR or Ike Taylor... what would you do? be honest man it would be killer to have Ike shutting down guys for the next 5 years...he is big enough to make the move and for sure, still fast enough to be one of the fastest Safetys in football...

so anyway why do we have to wait and let guys like Bill Belicheat make those moves and get credit for being a genius... why cant we make a move like that and everyone bow at our feet for it

fansince'76
10-14-2012, 10:12 PM
One word, dude...paragraphs.

60_MINUTES
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
There you go man..see if you can read that any better..... anyway dont you think IKE would kick the shit out of 4th WR 5th WR TE for the next 5 years... Im telling you man it could really be a great move