PDA

View Full Version : Put it on tape..put it on tape...well you got to watch the tape COACH ( GOLDEN) GOLDE

60_MINUTES
10-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Not really bashing MT on this thread but I get tired of the put it on tape quote... I actuallly love the quote and agree 100 percent with it.. Ive never heard anyone use that quote before MT did and I love the concept of it... Quit bitching about playing time and put it on tape... However for whatever reason MT doesnt always follow his quotes... Issac Redmen kicked ass for 4 preseason games and we cut him..he came back did it again the next year and we kept him..thank goodness no one picked him up after the first year... Now to my point of this year............

McClendon is going sideline to sideline... making a handful of plays and was the talk of camp but yet he gets 8 snaps a game... hampton I love you man but you coming off ACL and 35 years old.. you just arent getting it done... Its on Tape... Look at the tape...

biggest problem i have it Robert Golden I think is last years Redmen... the guy is a ball hawk.. he is all over the field with great hands..we have a team taht needs to create Turnovers.. yes I know it was preseason but the guy was all over the field... Im pretty sure we all have seen the tape of Mundy and Allen... Watch the Tape MT and make some moves... Give Golden the shot he deserves...Put it on tape ...Put it on Tape.... I love the quote but here is one for your...Watch the Tape...Watch the Tape...

X-Terminator
10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
At this point, I would not mind it if Golden got to play over Ryan Mundy. Can he possibly be worse? But Dick LeBeau has loyalty to his veterans, so neither he nor McLendon will get any significant playing time even though McLendon absolutely should. There isn't one good reason why he is riding the pine and Hampton is starting. This is one area where I think Tomlin should step in and make the change, but he won't step on LeBeau's toes. Nobody in that organization will, to be honest.

60_MINUTES
10-14-2012, 09:04 PM
At this point, I would not mind it if Golden got to play over Ryan Mundy. Can he possibly be worse? But Dick LeBeau has loyalty to his veterans, so neither he nor McLendon will get any significant playing time even though McLendon absolutely should. There isn't one good reason why he is riding the pine and Hampton is starting. This is one area where I think Tomlin should step in and make the change, but he won't step on LeBeau's toes. Nobody in that organization will, to be honest.

I agree with you that Dick gets respect but Tomlin makes the lineup calls..he proved that many times over the past couple years..not to mention Dick wanted LEwis on the field last year and Tomlin brushed it off staying with Gay... No matter if we agree why it wont happen we do both agree it should happen... I just dont understand the McClendon thing... last year we basically benched Hampton... McClendon got more snaps two different games then Hampton tore his ACL so how in the hell does he get his starting job back... I just dont get it... Far as Golden... I think we have something with this kid.. He cant hit like some of the other Safetys but the guy can flat out cover... I wish they would give him a shot just to see if he can do it when it counts...I believe if we dont try something we could be in some trouble

Godfather
10-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I wish they would give him a shot just to see if he can do it when it counts...I believe if we dont try something we could be in some trouble

We're already in trouble. No team can survive injuries to three star defensive players (Woodley, Harrison, and Polamalu). Even Vince Lombardi couldn't scheme around that, and you can't overhaul the defensive system in midseason.

60_MINUTES
10-14-2012, 10:28 PM
We're already in trouble. No team can survive injuries to three star defensive players (Woodley, Harrison, and Polamalu). Even Vince Lombardi couldn't scheme around that, and you can't overhaul the defensive system in midseason.

your right but if we can just hang on and flirt around .500 for a few weeks while we get healthy we could turn this thing around... We cant overhaul it but we can stop doing the same old thing if its not working... one thing is let some youth give it a try... Heyward...McClendon should be gettting the reps... Sylvestor instead of foote a few more snaps... and Golden let the kid rome the backfield until Troy gets back ( if Troy gets back ) Im pretty sure we have found out munday and Allen are not getting it done... lets give some of these young guys a shot... what will it hurt... we are getting killed on D..so what can it hurt...if nothing else maybe some vets will get pissed and come in and play a bit harder

SteelGhost
10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
your right but if we can just hang on and flirt around .500 for a few weeks while we get healthy we could turn this thing around... We cant overhaul it but we can stop doing the same old thing if its not working... one thing is let some youth give it a try... Heyward...McClendon should be gettting the reps... Sylvestor instead of foote a few more snaps... and Golden let the kid rome the backfield until Troy gets back ( if Troy gets back ) Im pretty sure we have found out munday and Allen are not getting it done... lets give some of these young guys a shot... what will it hurt... we are getting killed on D..so what can it hurt...if nothing else maybe some vets will get pissed and come in and play a bit harder

It would be nice to see if LeBeau tries something with the young (and healthy) guys, at this point he has nothing to lose :noidea:

Devilsdancefloor
10-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I have said it several times PUT in golden i like the kid nice instincts, plus if ryan clark has to tell ryan mundy where to freaking line up why hnot have him tell golden lol