PDA

View Full Version : The season is not over because the AFC is awful

polamalubeast
10-14-2012, 02:54 PM
The Steelers are in trouble, but the season is not over

The 5th seed and 6th seed are now 3-3

maybe that 8-8 will be enough this year to be in the playoffs!

The steelers are in trouble,but this is not over

SteelerFanInStl
10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
At this point I'm not even sure if we can beat Cleveland, which beat the Bengals today.

Edman
10-14-2012, 03:35 PM
This year is probably the weakest I've ever seen the AFC been since the 1990's. So many mediocre and bad teams. That's the only consolation our guys have right now is that rest of the conference is just as subpar as they are. The Power shift has come full circle. The NFC is the dominant conference.

Will we see 14 straight Super Bowl losses by the AFC again? We'll see, but it's quite obvious the NFC is big brother now.

polamalubeast
10-14-2012, 03:38 PM
This is probably the worst I've ever seen the AFC been since the 1990's. So many mediocre teams. That's the only consolation our guys have right now is that rest of the conference is just as subpar as they are. The Power shift has come full circle. The NFC is the dominant conference.

This is the worst conference since 2004(NFC)....This is the worst conference in the AFC since 1989

X-Terminator
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the AFC is weak as hell...but they have split the 2 games so far today with the NFC, and are leading the NFC team in the other 2. They might be 3-1 right now if the Raiders didn't decide to play prevent defense at the end of their game. Still though, if the Steelers can somehow get the ship righted, they have a chance. Already having 3 conference losses hurts them big time, though.

polamalubeast
10-14-2012, 06:34 PM
If San Diego loses tomorrow night, only two teams in the AFC will have winning records.

JayC
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
yup the only good news for the steelers this week is how shitty the afc is

Edman
10-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Houston, the best AFC team so far is getting clobbered at home by NFC Middle-runner Green Bay 42-24.

Yes, the AFC is quite weak this year.

st33lersguy
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Of course how bad are Oakland and Tennessee that they have looked absolutrly terrible against weak AFC competition. The Steelers still have no chance given how weak their defense is

SteelerFanInStl
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
The fact that we are one of the worst teams in this weak AFC is truly depressing.

suitanim
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Sorry, but the NFC doesn't look much better now.

-Atlanta barely eked out a win vs. horrible Oakland.
-The Cardinals lost to Buffalo
-SF killed by wildly inconsistent Giants

It actually looks like almost everyone has flaws and vulnerabilities now.

Moose
10-15-2012, 10:35 AM
It's just a shame that we are so banged up and terrible this year, or we could run away with our division. The ratbirds at 5-1 and really not that good. And now they are getting banged up too. IF only we were a little better it could definitely be a SB year with the rest of the AFC down, maybe not win the SB, but could definitely make an appearance. But, I'm still undecided in our division, I think the way we are playing I still see 7-9.

SteelerFanInStl
10-15-2012, 12:04 PM

It is a year of parity that's for sure.

Count Steeler
10-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Still anything can happen, but with the injuries piling up, and the head scratching decisions on the D, and a CB who needs a major ass whooping, not sure we can right this ship to get us to the preseason AND in a position to win out.

The offense is ready, as long as we have at least 5 O linemen standing by the end of the season, but the D needs to show signs of improvement, and fast.

polamalubeast
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM

I don't care if the giants are inconsistent.....They are the SB champions(2 times since 2007)

suitanim
10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't care if the giants are inconsistent.....They are the SB champions(2 times since 2007)

And so are we since 2005...and we've been there one more time. That argument is completely irrelevant. In fact, I have to laugh because I was chided for saying LAST year's shitty road record had no bearing on this year (yeah...really?) but now I have to hear about the Giants last 5 years?

Please.

Giants are inconsistent this year.

polamalubeast
10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
And so are we since 2005...and we've been there one more time. That argument is completely irrelevant. In fact, I have to laugh because I was chided for saying LAST year's shitty road record had no bearing on this year (yeah...really?) but now I have to hear about the Giants last 5 years?

Please.

Giants are inconsistent this year.

and last year....The giants are the team to beat right now

SteelGhost
10-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Yep, the AFC is not that good, BUT our defense is really bad right now :doh:

This season is very intriguing to say the least.

suitanim
10-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Giants lost to both Philly and Dallas. They are just as mediocre as everyone else right now.

polamalubeast
10-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Giants lost to both Philly and Dallas. They are just as mediocre as everyone else right now.

The NFC are 19-9 vs the AFC this year..........

polamalubeast
10-16-2012, 07:52 AM

The Giants had a lot of injuries, but they are now 4-2, including an impressive victory against the 49ers

You're crazy if you underestimate this team....We must never underestimate the giants

suitanim
10-16-2012, 07:58 AM
The Giants had a lot of injuries, but they are now 4-2, including an impressive victory against the 49ers

You're crazy if you underestimate this team....We must never underestimate the giants

Who's underestimating them? I just said they've been inconsistent, along with everyone else. The 49ers are, too..they lost to the freaking Vikings!

polamalubeast
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Who's underestimating them? I just said they've been inconsistent, along with everyone else. The 49ers are, too..they lost to the freaking Vikings!

The 4-2 Vikings on the road....

The giants have always been an inconsistent team, this is nothing new, but when they are in their peak, they are very hard to beat

suitanim
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
The same Vikings that lost to....................................the COLTS.

I can do this all day. Nobody is playing consistently well..."On any given Sunday" is taking on a whole new meaning now.

polamalubeast
10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
The same Vikings that lost to....................................the COLTS.

I can do this all day. Nobody is playing consistently well..."On any given Sunday" is taking on a whole new meaning now.

The same Colts who beat the packers, and this is the same packers who destroyed the 5-0 Texans

suitanim
10-16-2012, 08:11 AM
The same Colts who beat the packers, and this is the same packers who destroyed the 5-0 Texans

Thank you. You're now making my point for me...

polamalubeast
10-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Regardless, the NFC have 19-9 against the AFC this year and only 2 team with a winning record

PalmerSteel
10-16-2012, 10:59 AM
big key for us is got all our division games ahead of us. plenty of time to still control our destiny.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Bingo, just get to the playoffs and then see what happens.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Pretty much even all around this year.

Week 1
Bears beat the Colts, not that impressed
Eagles beat the Browns, not that impressed
Falcons beat the Chiefs, not that impressed
Vikings beat the Jaguars, not that impressed.

Those are basically 4 of the worst teams in the AFC. Maybe Oakland can be there too.

Week 2
Colts Beat the Vikings, huh?
Cardinals beat the Patriots, Very Impressive
Eagles beat the Ravens, Impressive
Falcons beat the Broncos, yawn
Great weekend for the NFC.

Week 3
Chiefs beat the Saints...Huh? Saints are that bad?
Bengals beat the Redskins...again what?
Falcons beat the Chargers..Falcons are freaking playing awesome right now.

Week 4
49ers Crush the Jets. Impressive
Cardinals beat the Dolphins, Pretty good win.

Week 5
Rams beat the Cardinals...whoops, ignore the win above.
Colts beat the Packers...wait what?
Giants beat the Browns...yawn
Steelers beat the Eagles....eh, ok win.
Bears beat the Jaquars...move the team already...Bears look really good.
Vikings beat the Titans...Ok, Titans aren't good and the Vikings are for real.
49ers Crush the Bills...49ers looking great.
Saints beat the Chargers...Does Norv really still have a job?

Week 6
Falcons beat the Raiders...Falcons look great, Oakland not so much
Dolphins beat Rams...two average teams, AFC Wins.
Bucs beat Chiefs...Romeo still have a job?
Ravens beat Cowboys...eh, ok win.
Bills beat Cardinals..wait what? The same Cardinals team that beat the Patriots?
Seahawks beat Patriots...impressive win.
Packers beat Texans...badly...impressive win.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Week 7. No cross coference games being played.