PDA

View Full Version : week 7:at Cincinnati(sunday night)

polamalubeast
10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Do you think that the Steelers can win on the road against the Bengals?

I do not know if the Steelers can win on the road and I do not know if the Steelers have a chance to win in Cincinnati

Your thought on this game

Is it possible that the steelers make a big upset by winning on the road?

X-Terminator
10-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Unless a miracle happens between now and next Sunday night, I think it's going to be ugly for the Steelers. The Bengals are the better team and they have a chance to exorcise some demons by ending the Steelers' playoff hopes.

JayC
10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
yeah we can win, any given sunday. we could be 4-1 or 1-4 at this point if not for 1 or 2 plays going differently each game. but i don't think we will end up on the good end of most nail biters this year based on the defense.

i feel even worse about this year's team than the one that went on the 5 game losing steak cause that d. the steelers just don't strike fear in anyone anymore. even if it's not true i'm pretty sure most of league sees us as a bunch of old dudes and a few no bodies (hood, mundy, lewis) on defense. but yeah my hope is ben will have a monster game passing and squeak out a W. otherwise playoffs are over in my opinion at 2-4.

im expecting another depressing 4th quarter defeat though

polamalubeast
10-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I think the game will be close, but the Steelers will lose because of another collapse in the 4th quarter

zulater
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
The Bengals lost to the Dolphins right?

The Steelers are going to have an extra 3 days to prepare. They're going to be pissed and wanting to prove themselves. Gun to my head I can't exactly call for a road win against anyone until the Steelers prove they can do as much. But gun to my head I wouldn't bet against them either in this spot.

I'm calling for the upset. The Steelers will find a way to get the win. And at least temporarily will right the listing ship.

steel striker
10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I think the steelers will find a way to win this game and, Ben will lead them to victory. It will be tough but, we need this game very much.

Edman
10-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Road game against a much better team than the Titans and Raiders?

2-4 here we come.

Count Steeler
10-13-2012, 08:03 PM
I would love to see Taylor not start. I would love to see McLendon and Heyward get more reps. I would love to see a different game plan from Lebeau.

If we play the same routine as we have for the first 4 games, we lose. If Lebeau starts trusting some of the younger players and gives them some responsibility, we may actually win a game, or least not look hapless in the 4th quarter, which also speaks to our conditioning. Are we gassed at the end of the game?

steelerdude15
10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
No, the Steelers will play a good game because the Bengals are a good team, but the Steelers could easily lose this one too.

CantStop85
10-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Should be an interesting game that tells a lot about both teams. The Bengals have been pretty up-and-down this year as well. There's no reason that they should have lost to the Dolphins last Sunday.

The good thing is that they're starting to get healthy, at least defensively. Both Dontay Moch and Dre Kirkpatrick should be able to play next week for the first time this season. The pass defense has been a major concern, so it'll be good to add another pass rusher and a talented, young corner out there. They're feeling the ill effects of not having drafted or signed a safety in the off-season, but if the corners stay healthy, they should be able to get away with sticking Nate Clements back at SS.

I think the main concern for the Bengals is their running game. The Law Firm is only marginally better than Cedric Benson, and they lost their most explosive running back (Bernard Scott) for the season, so it's not something that I see improving much as the season progresses.

I think it will be a close game. Probably a shoot-out, and could go either way.

Moose
10-14-2012, 04:55 AM
We lose. :( The bungholes play Steeler's like a SB. They will be up and gunning.

suitanim
10-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Do you think that the Steelers can win on the road against the Bengals?

No. The Bengals are better than both the Raiders and the Titans.

86WARD
10-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Been saying it since Week One. The way this defense is playing, the way they are set up, they won't have answers for Dalton, Green, Hawkins, Gresham. Could get real ugly if things don't change. The Bengals are much, MUCH better than the Raiders and Titans.

I feel like this game is going to need to be won on the Offensive side of the ball...which ever offense makes the least amount of mistakes, doesn't leave opportunity on the field, will win...can't depend on the defense to bail them out any longer...

salamander
10-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I'll say this - I'll feel much, much better when the Steelers are back playing at home. Until then, every road game is going to make me very nervous.

st33lersguy
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Andy Dalton will throw for at least 300 yards and at least 3 TDs and A.J. Green will catch ateast 10 passes for over 150 yards and at least 2 TDs and the Bengals will win. Pressure will be non-existent, receivers will be running through wide open space, and the Bengals O-line will provide wide open holes for the RBs to go through

ALLD
10-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Steelers can win if they score 42 points.

86WARD
10-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe there is hope after all??? lol...

X-Terminator
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe there is hope after all??? lol...

Nope.

Devilsdancefloor
10-14-2012, 04:54 PM
i say we win, but i also think that before every game. depends on what defense shows up IMO.

86WARD
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Nope.

lol...losses to the Browns then?!?

86WARD
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
i say we win, but i also think that before every game. depends on what defense shows up IMO.

I think we know the defense is limited now...depends on what offense shows up.

tube517
10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Ben would have to throw for 500 yards and have a game like the one against Green Bay (in 2009 @Heinz Field) for the Steelers to have a shot. But, this game is at Cincy so never mind.

CantStop85
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Ben would have to throw for 500 yards and have a game like the one against Green Bay (in 2009 @Heinz Field) for the Steelers to have a shot. But, this game is at Cincy so never mind.

The way our secondary has been playing, I would say there's a good chance.

suitanim
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
This just got tougher. The Steelers are always a Super Bowl-level game for the Bungholes. Now they will be doubly angry after losing to lowly Cleveland to boot.

Moose
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
This just got tougher. The Steelers are always a Super Bowl-level game for the Bungholes. Now they will be doubly angry after losing to lowly Cleveland to boot.

I said we lose because the bungholes do think it's the SB. Beside the fact that we DON'T have a decent CB on the team, and Dalton and Green will eat 'em up, unless maybe LeBeau can design some type of defense to close up the secondary and deep ball....which I doubt he will. They will dink and dunk us all day...and of course an occasional 70 yrd pick up to Green.

steeldevil
10-15-2012, 10:34 AM
We can win. The biggest issue will be covering green. He is a total beast and the way Ike has been playing he will eat Ike for lunch... We may have to score a ton Of points in this one. But thats nothing new this year I guess.

Moose
10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
We can win. The biggest issue will be covering green. He is a total beast and the way Ike has been playing he will eat Ike for lunch... We may have to score a ton Of points in this one. But thats nothing new this year I guess.

I agree we will have to score a ton of points, but the problem I see is THEM scoring everytime they have the ball due to the fact our defense won't be able to stop them.

zulater
10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
They got a betting line out on this game yet?

I'm guessing Bengals favored by 3.

43Hitman
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
They got a betting line out on this game yet?

I'm guessing Bengals favored by 3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it closer to 5 1/2-6 by game time.

suitanim
10-15-2012, 11:30 AM
No line for Sunday games yet. I'd have to say that they get the 3 for being home only at open. Just a guess...we'll see where the money goes after that...

43Hitman
10-15-2012, 11:34 AM
No line for Sunday games yet. I'd have to say that they get the 3 for being home only at open. Just a guess...we'll see where the money goes after that...

Yeah, home teams usually open up as three point favorites in a pick em'. So they'll get 3 for being the home team and another 2 1/2 to 3 for being the better right now, imo.

suitanim
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I think we'll get the benefit of the doubt for another game or two...people have trouble believing what they're seeing.

steelpride12
10-15-2012, 12:23 PM
This is pretty comical to read. Typical spoiled Steelers fans who automatically lose hope when the team struggles because they expect perfection. Christ have some hope maybe, you really never know. Isn't why they play the game? The Steelers struggle on the road, yes I get it, but usually to poor teams, the Bungles are not a bad team and I know the Steelers can play to their level, they know what's at stake and won't go down without a fight. I'm not saying we're going to win or not, but at least keep your heads up, wow.

Moose
10-15-2012, 05:14 PM
This is pretty comical to read. Typical spoiled Steelers fans who automatically lose hope when the team struggles because they expect perfection. Christ have some hope maybe, you really never know. Isn't why they play the game? The Steelers struggle on the road, yes I get it, but usually to poor teams, the Bungles are not a bad team and I know the Steelers can play to their level, they know what's at stake and won't go down without a fight. I'm not saying we're going to win or not, but at least keep your heads up, wow.

My heads up.....still a big fan. The debate is Sunday night's game. I say we lose because our defense sucks and our CB's won't be able to stop their WR's. Hopefully LeBeau can rewrite his script and have some plays that don't involve Troy as strong safety and Harrison covering their tight end. ugh Oh, yea, and a little pressure on Dalton would be great too.

plenewken
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, if the 1 or 2 plays going differently were Vick's fumbles we'd be 1-4 and it'd be well deserved based on how poorly we've played so far. As for Cincy, I have zero confidence that the team who lost in Oakland and in Nashville will win in Cincinnati. Cincy has been playing much better than us so far.

SteelGhost
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Sad to say this but the Bengals are playing better, if the Steelers can win I will be a VERY happy fan.

86WARD
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Tomlin said Woodley should play this week. Adams will start in place of Gilbert. Troy is out, Mendenhall is day-to-day.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Yes the Steelers can and very well SHOULD win this game.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I like the Steelers in this one. Call me silly but the 3 QBs we've lost to are Payton Manning, Carson Palmer and Matt Hasselback, all 3 have played the Steelers before and have had success at least on a couply of occassions against us. This kid up in Cincy is in for a long game.

salamander
10-16-2012, 05:49 PM
The more I think about it, the more I feel like this is the week the Steelers finally overcome their road woes. I really hope so.

CantStop85
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I like the Steelers in this one. Call me silly but the 3 QBs we've lost to are Payton Manning, Carson Palmer and Matt Hasselback, all 3 have played the Steelers before and have had success at least on a couply of occassions against us. This kid up in Cincy is in for a long game.

First of all, I don't think you're ever going to help an argument by pointing out that Carson Palmer beat you. :tongue1:

But yeah, it definitely could go either way. It's funny because the Steelers boards are all doom and gloom thinking the Bengals will win, while the Bengals boards are all doom and gloom thinking the Steelers will win.

Whichever team wins is in good position for a bounce-back this season. Whichever team loses is probably dead in the water. We'll see what happens.