PDA

View Full Version : This is an awful feeling

polamalubeast
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Our road woes is embarrassing

In 2011, it was ugly on the road, but at least the Steelers were 5-3

this year, I do not know if they will win on the road :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

polamalubeast
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
The only good news is that the AFC is awful this year and this is the only reason why the season is not over

Count Steeler
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, Tomlin won't be 6-2 this year.

Animal Mother
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Well, Tomlin won't be 6-2 this year.

Yeah I noticed that too, Tomlin has been 6-2 every single season as a coach. As the winning field goal went through I thought "well there goes 6-2 this year".

X-Terminator
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Awful feeling? Yeah, for you, maybe. As for me...I've already had the worst year you can possibly have. So nothing the Steelers do - either positive or negative - has any effect on me whatsoever. I simply don't take sports seriously anymore.

Wallace108
10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Awful feeling? Yeah, for you, maybe. As for me...I've already had the worst year you can possibly have. So nothing the Steelers do - either positive or negative - has any effect on me whatsoever. I simply don't take sports seriously anymore.
I used to be a "throw the remote at the TV" kind of fan. After a Steelers loss, you couldn't even talk to me for a few hours. But, as I guess you have, I've had some life-changing experiences that have helped to put sports (and yes, the Steelers as well) in perspective. I still love when the Steelers win, and I hate when they lose ... but I keep it in perspective. Aside from temporary happiness or sadness, a Steelers win or loss really doesn't affect my life all that much. So while I enjoy being a fan, I've learned not to get too high after a win or too low after a loss. And having this perspective hasn't made me less of a fan, as you can see by how much time I spend on Steelers message boards.

ALLD
10-12-2012, 07:05 PM
You can't win them all, don't take it so seriously. I said the Steelers cannot win without Polamalu, and they won't. I will be upset if Romney does not win because that is actually something that matters.

steelreserve
10-12-2012, 07:11 PM

I've always sort of felt that no matter what's going on around you, a win can at least temporarily make things better, if for no other reason than taking your mind off whatever else is the matter. Of course, there's precious little winning and excitement going on this season, so ...

polamalubeast
10-12-2012, 07:12 PM

I think you're right

I take the game too seriously,right now....every lost is hard for me right now, especially when the steelers have a losing record

LLT
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I used to be a "throw the remote at the TV" kind of fan. After a Steelers loss, you couldn't even talk to me for a few hours. But, as I guess you have, I've had some life-changing experiences that have helped to put sports (and yes, the Steelers as well) in perspective. I still love when the Steelers win, and I hate when they lose ... but I keep it in perspective. Aside from temporary happiness or sadness, a Steelers win or loss really doesn't affect my life all that much. So while I enjoy being a fan, I've learned not to get too high after a win or too low after a loss. And having this perspective hasn't made me less of a fan, as you can see by how much time I spend on Steelers message boards.

This.

Devilsdancefloor
10-12-2012, 09:50 PM

ive been known to throw my towel and walk out for a smoke

Godfather
10-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you.

Moose
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM

Hey, head's up man ! I don't know what's going on in your life now, or in the past, but I'm sure everything will work out. I don't want to throw religion at you since I don't know what your belief's are, but a friend once told me when I had some bad times, that " OUR LORD only gives us what we can handle " ! And I found it was true. There were dark clouds, but eventually the clouds moved on and it was bright out again. I love football, more than any other sport. Of course Steeler football has been my choice for almost 40+ years. I hurt when they lose, and super mood when they win......but you know what, win or lose, I still have to get up and work. Their wins or losses don't pay my bills. I'm a blue collar fool who has to work to earn my keep. Football is just my way to pass time during the season, other than that I jump on my motorcycle and ride. My daughter is just about ready to graduate from college ( Chatham Univ. in Pitt.) and I'm preparing for that, then comes her wedding next June. Boy, that's a real heartbreaker when your little girl....first goes off to kindergarden, then another shocker is high school, then go away to college, and now graduation and the 'wedding day', which I know this ole' man will be 'balling' like a fool !! I know this isn't any 'voids' in my life, and I don't want to bore with them, but X-Terminator, again I don't know what's going on with you, but I just wanted to let you know that in my year's I had my share of job downsizing, death's of mom/dad, sister from breast cancer, but then came my daughter and good times. Things will brighten up for you man, I'm sure. Just ride out the storm !! I've learned from riding the bike.....it only rains in spots !! Peace.

ALLD
10-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Look at it this way, Steelers merchandise is going to be deeply discounted by Week 12.

JayC
10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
it sucks to suck. i hate my life when we have a bad record cause i can't bare to visit nfl websites except this one, watch nfl network, and enjoy fantasy football at all. thinking of going to the movies today cause i can't bare to watch anything football related.

silver & black
10-13-2012, 11:58 AM
You pansies would never make it as Raiders fans. :wink02:

ALLD
10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

or Browns or Jags.

Count Steeler
10-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Maybe the Bumble Bees will turn our season around. Don't we wear them soon?

LLT
10-17-2012, 02:46 AM
You know...I used to get all upset and play Field General from my sofa.....but after watching my beloved Steelers for all these years, Ive finally just came to the realization that Steelers fans are very lucky to be fans of the best franchise in sports. Its only because we are so succesful that we have such high expectations.

We curse the rain because we are USED to sunny days.

Thank goodness that we arnt like Bengal or Browns fans who EXPECT to field crappy teams.

Craic
10-17-2012, 02:57 AM

With all due respect to X-term and Wallace, who posted well thought out, serious, mature posts that speak my thoughts exactly, I have to give the best post of the thread award to S&B. Congrats.

TheRuneMeister
10-17-2012, 03:50 AM
I don't take sports seriously...only Steelers football. I'm not proud of it, but i get really down after a loss. However, I'm such a fan of the sport that all it takes to get back is watching another football game. Any game.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I made it through the Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone years so I think that I can make it through this.

Like I said previously in the Ben's baby thread, this is a GAME and it should be treated as such. We all love it or else we wouldn't be here but we need to keep it in perspective.

HollywoodSteel
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I wish I could learn to be as Zen as some of you guys, but as much as I can intellectualize how to approach the game I just can't manage to do it on game day. I can be a real terror to be around. I know that I'm a spoiled Steelers fan, but as others have pointed out, that is part of the problem. Somewhere in some dark corner of my brain I think I actually expect them to win the Super Bowl every year. I need help.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I wish I could learn to be as Zen as some of you guys, but as much as I can intellectualize how to approach the game I just can't manage to do it on game day. I can be a real terror to be around. I know that I'm a spoiled Steelers fan, but as others have pointed out, that is part of the problem. Somewhere in some dark corner of my brain I think I actually expect them to win the Super Bowl every year. I need help.

How old are you? I was the same way when I was younger. On game day I would yell and scream at the TV and even throw things some times. I'd be mad for days when the Steelers lost. My wife would go shopping on Sunday because she didn't want to hear all of the noise. It wasn't until after I had kids that I started putting things in perspective.

I still get upset with stuff during the games but the feeling is gone right after it happens. I find that hanging out on this forum in the game day thread helps me because I can type out my frustrations instead of yelling them. :sofunny:

HollywoodSteel
10-17-2012, 06:18 PM
How old are you? I was the same way when I was younger. On game day I would yell and scream at the TV and even throw things some times. I'd be mad for days when the Steelers lost. My wife would go shopping on Sunday because she didn't want to hear all of the noise. It wasn't until after I had kids that I started putting things in perspective.

I still get upset with stuff during the games but the feeling is gone right after it happens. I find that hanging out on this forum in the game day thread helps me because I can type out my frustrations instead of yelling them. :sofunny:

You're going to laugh but I'm 41. In my defense I do have the maturity level of a 15 year old. I also have a kid, he's 3, and I really try not to yell and scream in front of him, but I do sometimes stomp into a different room to yell and he picks up that I'm pissed.

I don't generally hold onto the mood for too long after the game though, and you're right, game day thread ranting does help. I say some nutty things on there that should never be taken too seriously by others.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, I"m 47 so you're still younger than me. :D My kids are 9 and 7 and I really had to cut it down after they were born. They helped me realize that there are things that are more important than football.

polamalubeast
10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
every loss is tough for me and it is very painful when the Steelers appear to be mediocre.This is possible that the Steelers have a losing record this year and this is not fun!

The start of 2-6 in 2006 and the 5 losses in a row in 2009, are probably the two worst memories that I had

Of course losing the super bowl in 2010 was hard for me, but the Steelers had had a special season in 2010