PDA

View Full Version : DAMN INJURY BUG !

katmandu
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
No excuses just the facts.

NO Team can be competitive with the huge amount of very significant injuries to Starting players!

I've been a Steeler's fan for 40 years and have NEVER seen them decimated by injuries as they are this year! Actually, the latest round of significant injuries started towards the end of last season.

I'm sure the list below is incomplete.....

Troy
Woodley
Pouncey
Gilbert
Mendenhall
Foster
Redman
DeCastro
Spence

and..........

steel9guy
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Decastro, Spence

katmandu
10-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Decastro, SpenceGood Lord....... Yes....... Haven't seen them for so long I forgot about them.

Craic
10-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Really makes me wonder about our conditioning coaches/team doctors/etc. I could be wrong, but the last three or four years has just been devastating in the injury department.

LLT
10-12-2012, 03:52 AM
I hate to add another reason to hate Goodell.....but the trend of players getting hurt on short weeks is alarming. I think Scott Fujita mentioned this lately...and how it goes against Goodells supposed concern for safety.

Craic
10-12-2012, 04:02 AM
I hate to add another reason to hate Goodell.....but the trend of players getting hurt on short weeks is alarming. I think Scott Fujita mentioned this lately...and how it goes against Goodells supposed concern for safety.

Except that we've had people get hurt on short weeks, long weeks, practice, no practice, I think Hampton got hurt reaching for a donut one time. So I can't lay our woes at Goodell's feet. But in general, I would be interested in seeing the stats.

LLT
10-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Except that we've had people get hurt on short weeks, long weeks, practice, no practice, I think Hampton got hurt reaching for a donut one time. So I can't lay our woes at Goodell's feet. But in general, I would be interested in seeing the stats.

Im not just talking about our team....this year, the injury rate for those teams who play on a short weeks recovery is is much higher than those who have a full week to recuperate. In fact if it was JUST our team I would say its a fluke but there is a definate concern across the league with the short week.

“You have to ask yourself a real question when you schedule games like this: Who does it help? Because it doesn’t help the players. That turnaround is just too quick. You go from playing a physical game on Sunday and you have less than four days before you have to physically get back up again. It takes a week for guys to really heal". - Ray Lewis

"The Commissioner says he is disappointed in me. The truth is, I’m disappointed in him. His positions on player health and safety since a 2009 congressional hearing on concussions have been inconsistent at best. He failed to acknowledge a link between concussions and post-career brain disease, pushed for an 18-game regular season, committed to a full season of Thursday night games, has continually challenged players’ rights to file workers compensation claims for on-the-job injuries, and he employed incompetent replacement officials for the start of the 2012 season. His actions or lack thereof are by the league’s own definition, ‘conduct detrimental."-Scott Fujita

“The four games in 17 days is strictly for the money,” - Bernard Pollard

katmandu
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
“You have to ask yourself a real question when you schedule games like this: Who does it help? Because it doesn’t help the players. ...... - Ray Lewis

It helps the NFL and the NFL Network make a TON of CASH !!! Hmmmm........at WHO's expense ???

Godfather
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Really makes me wonder about our conditioning coaches/team doctors/etc. I could be wrong, but the last three or four years has just been devastating in the injury department.

Possibly. But some of it is just bad luck. If someone rolls on an O-lineman's leg, no amount of conditioning will prevent an injury. Troy gets hurt because of his style of play. ACL injuries are just a matter of a misstep or getting hit in just the wrong spot.

ALLD
10-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Charlie Batch and Leftwich are both healthy.

86WARD
10-13-2012, 04:02 PM
It's not a bug dude...it's a plague...

JayC
10-13-2012, 07:22 PM
i think we need to start blaming bad drafting on the defense more than injuries. yeah, if healthy i legitimately think our woes would be resolved and we'd be 4-1. but obviously, no matter what important players are going to be hurt on every team.

i remember the commentators thursday saying we have good depth on defense but if our 2nd stringers make lebeau run a vanilla defense to protect from getting burned then how good is the depth really??? when all your young defensive players are average at best since timmons i think that is the bigger issue.

X-Terminator
10-13-2012, 07:57 PM
i think we need to start blaming bad drafting on the defense more than injuries. yeah, if healthy i legitimately think our woes would be resolved and we'd be 4-1. but obviously, no matter what important players are going to be hurt on every team.

i remember the commentators thursday saying we have good depth on defense but if our 2nd stringers make lebeau run a vanilla defense to protect from getting burned then how good is the depth really??? when all your young defensive players are average at best since timmons i think that is the bigger issue.

That's not their fault if LeBeau refuses to play them ahead of struggling veterans, or refuses to make adjustments to his system in the absence of Troy. There really is no rhyme or reason why Cam Heyward and Steve McLendon are not on the field more often when both of them have shown plenty of ability to get the job done.