PDA

View Full Version : Goats

zulater
10-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Keenan Lewis. He essentialy dropped the interception that would have clinched the game.

Tomlin. 54 yard field goal? Really? You do know they get the ball at the spot of the miss?

Don't let me have all the fun add on everybody.

tube517
10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Ike
Special teams/punt team

zulater
10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Ike
Special teams/punt team

Wasn't it great that Tomlin fired our special teams coach from last season right before the season started? You can see the improvment! :doh:

Edman
10-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Ike Taylor.

Dick Lebeau for cowering in fear, AGAIN.

Special Teams.

43Hitman
10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Ike Taylor

Ike Taylor

Ike Taylor

Number 30

Lebeau for another undisciplined showing by his defense

dislocatedday
10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Ike......I don't know if he has just lost a step or what, but he is contantly grabbing receivers up and down the field. He used to be able to stick to them like glue without grabbing
Tomlin........Sushi has been money, but the 54 yarder was pushing it. Either punt or let Ben go for it on 4th in that situation IMO

Another goat is whomever let the Titan player through virtually untouched to block the punt....it looked to me like Mundy was at fault, but I don't know

On defense, only Timmons and Clark are standing out this year.......the rest are either playing average or well below average (to be kind).

Ben and Heath are lights out on offense this year.....All Pro level.... but unforutnatley their efforts are going to waste.

X-Terminator
10-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Personally, I think everyone on the entire team deserves a goat. If Ben plays better in the first half, they might have scored more than 10 points. The defense has been terrible all year, so once again Dick LeBeau gets a raspberry. And the special teams...don't even get me started. Mike Tomlin gets one for the inexcusable decision to go for the long FG at the end rather than put the ball in Ben's hands or punt. He really should start taking some heat for the way this team plays on the road. The only guy who doesn't deserve a goat is Heath Miller.

Prok
10-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Ike freaking Taylor... jeesh if he's not grabbing a guy who got past him he's trying to punch him.... has ZERO ball skills and total lack of discipline.... they threw at him effortlessly all night...

LeBeau. i've been sick of his prevent coverage behind soft blitzes for years now.... time for him to go, but alas we gotta wait til next year...

X-Terminator
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Wasn't it great that Tomlin fired our special teams coach from last season right before the season started? You can see the improvment! :doh:

There has to be more to that story, because it just didn't make any sense to fire him that close to the start of the season.

Prok
10-11-2012, 11:45 PM
BTW i'm not even blaming Lewis for his dropped INT. that kid busted his arse all night and had a very good game imo. at least he had full effort. Ike Taylor has become a cancer to this squad and Tomlin should have benched his arse when he pulled him aside in 2nd quarter imo.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Harrison should've chipped that receiver running in front of him.

Batch had a wide open run to his right for a first on our last drive and ran LEFT right into traffic.

DBs being butterfingers with 3 game winning INTs.

Ike getting exposed as a CB with only the grapple technique in his playbook.

Ben lobbing up a greedy jump ball when we had the moment and the game at hand.

We had plenty of opportunities to put this game away.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2012, 11:46 PM
There has to be more to that story, because it just didn't make any sense to fire him that close to the start of the season.

Something in-house had to happen that we'll probably never know about.

pepsyman1
10-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Giving up drives like we did tonight to a team as bad as the Titans made me want to break things. I think is time for Coach D to call it a career.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Add Gilbert to our goats. He's already prank fallen on 3 players' ankles this season and put 2 on IR; hopefully not 3.

HollywoodSteel
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Personally, I think everyone on the entire team deserves a goat. If Ben plays better in the first half, they might have scored more than 10 points. The defense has been terrible all year, so once again Dick LeBeau gets a raspberry. And the special teams...don't even get me started. Mike Tomlin gets one for the inexcusable decision to go for the long FG at the end rather than put the ball in Ben's hands or punt. He really should start taking some heat for the way this team plays on the road. The only guy who doesn't deserve a goat is Heath Miller.

Agree 100% It's pointless to list goats. It's easier to list non-goats. I'll add Timmons to your list of one. But I'll admit I didn't watch the entire game. Of course I got sucked back in when we took the lead only to have my guts ripped out again when we failed to close it out.

st33lersguy
10-12-2012, 12:37 AM
If I were the Rooneys I would fire LeBeau and cut Ryan Mundy tomorrow! LeBeau has done AS BAD A JOB AS COORDINATOR AS AIRHEAD ARIANS!!! At this point the Steelers should try to ensure themselves of the no. 1 CB in the draft or an elite prospect at OLB or the DL because playoffs is OUT OF THE QUESTION. The entire defensive backfield SUCKS! Polamalu has been the best player and he's only played two games. The defensive line has looked worse than Albert Haynesworthless as a Redskin, there is no pass rush. The special teams, other than Suisham sucks.

Steeldude
10-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Keenan Lewis. He essentialy dropped the interception that would have clinched the game.

Tomlin. 54 yard field goal? Really? You do know they get the ball at the spot of the miss?

Don't let me have all the fun add on everybody.

Taylor was worse than Lewis. Taylor has been really bad. It's been noticeable for the last few seasons. He can cover WRs who run north/south aka Chad Johnson, but he can't cover WRs who can go east/west.

Tomlin is a definite goat. He should know Suisham would have a tough time reaching that far. Then again, does the spot of the miss make a difference? I don't think the Titans would have had a problem going 90 yards for the winning drive against this porous defense. The middle of the field was wide open as it has been for many years under Lebeau.

Pretty much the entire team is a goat. I think Redman was probably the only person who wasn't one.

Steeldude
10-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Add Gilbert to our goats. He's already prank fallen on 3 players' ankles this season and put 2 on IR; hopefully not 3.

Poor balance. Again, isn't that the job of the conditioning coach? Gilbert seems like a puss to me. His ankle injury didn't look bad to me.

X-Terminator
10-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Eh, since I had low expectations to begin with, I'm already way over this loss. Time now to move on to their spanking in Cincinnati.

Steeldude
10-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Eh, since I had low expectations to begin with, I'm already way over this loss. Time now to move on to their spanking in Cincinnati.

That's how I survived the Kordell era. I knew the Steelers would never go to a SB with Kordell as the starting QB. It's why I was never upset.

oneforthetoe
10-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I knew there would still be poster here saying we didn't blitz enough. Really? Does people still watch the games? Every time we blitzed Hassledork handed us are asses. forget the game planning on D. We don't have the athletes on D to be an elite unit. and we won't unless some of the young guys step up.

As for Tomlin going for the Fg. It was missed by a yard at the most. And as someone pointed out, it wouldn't have mattered if the Titans' would have had to drive 80 yards. Our D is not clutch anymore.

venom
10-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Toast Taylor has been getting burnt since the Denver playoff game

zulater
10-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Steelers who didn't suck last night.

Ryan Clark made plays all oaver the field. Were it not for him the defense would naver make a stop.

Lawrence Timmons, backed up great game against Eagles with another strong performance last night.

Keenan Lewis, yeah he should have secured the game with an easily catchable interception that he of course dropped. But overall his game, by his standards, was quite good. If he keeps playing like this, he'll be fine.

Heath Miller, Heah did miss one crucial block, but hey, no one's perfect. Outside of that he was Mr Sure Hands and clutch. And overall his blocking was very good as always.

Isaac Redman. He ran hard all night, though there were few holes, and he was amazingly nimble in the open field as a receiver for Ben last night.

Sean Suisham, I don't care that he doesn't have a 54 yard leg. Very few do in an open air stadium on a chilly night. Sorry but I've seen overpayed Janakowski and others miss big 4th quarter kicks too. If Sushi can be relied on to make 85% of his kicks between 45-51 yards, at his salary I'll be quite delighted.

That's pretty much it. I guess Ben didn't suck, but that was a terrible and costly interception. He never seemed to have his normal rythm all night. I think the two day turnaround really hurts the offense. So I'll give Haley and company a hall pass for this one, and judge them all more on what they do from here on out.

Moose
10-12-2012, 05:38 AM
The WHOLE DAMN TEAM !!! Except for HEATH MILLER....the only one knowing his position and coming to play.

NCSteeler
10-12-2012, 10:24 AM

Still a well kept secret

NCSteeler
10-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Ike Taylor, and pretty much the whole D. This D works on pressure and here lately they are making some pretty average Olines look awesome.

Butch
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Ya' know Ike used to be one helluva cover man, I don't know how it all turned south so quickly. IMHO it wasn't a slow gradual process rather like falling off a cliff. I love ya' Ike always will but lately his performances have been less than stellar.

I'm with those who say the whole damn team was to blame including the coaching staff.

Lou Donny
10-12-2012, 01:21 PM
simple....Tomlin

In the words of Chuck Noll....in order to win a game you must first not lose it
Tomlin knows his D is struggling...kicking a FG in that situation, from that distance....UNACCEPTABLE
He was grasping at straws in desperation by attempting the FG

Texasteel
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Remember, Sushi's kick looked to land just a couple yards short. He is having a hell of a year so far, and gave that last kick all he had. I think I would have to take him off the goat list.

Steeldude
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Toast Taylor has been getting burnt since the Denver playoff game

He's been getting burned for the last 4 seasons

X-Terminator
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
simple....Tomlin

In the words of Chuck Noll....in order to win a game you must first not lose it
Tomlin knows his D is struggling...kicking a FG in that situation, from that distance....UNACCEPTABLE
He was grasping at straws in desperation by attempting the FG

Not a good decision, but I don't think it would have made any difference. The D would have just allowed the Titans to drive the length of the field for the winning score anyway. I also think it was wrong for them to turn turtle once they crossed midfield and didn't pass the ball to try to get a few more yards for Sushi. Instead, they ran 2 plays with Batch. Bad move. Tomlin should have never taken the ball out of Ben's hands in that situation.

Carolina Steelers
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Simple Ike gave up 8 receptions on 13 chances for 126 yds and a TD and 3 penalties

Devilsdancefloor
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Ike everytime they needed a 1st down whoever he was matched up against seemed to get the ball. i think he has 8 PI calls this year. Mike Wallace for basically disappearing he 2nd half i think he had 1 catch. Big snack who appears to be collecting a pay check and that is about it. the coaching staff all phases need to collectively remove their heads from there asses and get i together. The damn injury bug needs to get out of Pittsburgh

Ben and most the O was fair to middling

Heath was and has been awesome all year bens security blanket and that one hand grab last night was sweet
Redman played very well last night as well

Timmons & Clark Played well on the D side of the ball

Count Steeler
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Let's hear it for Willie Colon. No holding calls. :applaudit:

Buckinnuts
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
IKE SUCKS PERIOD...been saying it for years and people on here gave me shit all the time...well here we go...every game...they picked on him from the start of the game......grabbing holding out played....all ike...ok not all but mostly..him..thecD is really suffering....

BlastFurnace
10-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Tomlin - no question about it.

Steeldude
10-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Ike everytime they needed a 1st down whoever he was matched up against seemed to get the ball. i think he has 8 PI calls this year. Mike Wallace for basically disappearing he 2nd half i think he had 1 catch. Big snack who appears to be collecting a pay check and that is about it. the coaching staff all phases need to collectively remove their heads from there asses and get i together. The damn injury bug needs to get out of Pittsburgh

Ben and most the O was fair to middling

Heath was and has been awesome all year bens security blanket and that one hand grab last night was sweet
Redman played very well last night as well

Timmons & Clark Played well on the D side of the ball

Taylor is lucky the refs haven't called more PI penalties on him. It's like watching McFadden.

Hampton should have been cut.

Miller should be targeted 15+ times a game. Miller should teach Wallace how to catch. The WR coach needs to be fired. Come to think of it many of the coaches need to be replaced at the end of the season.