PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger headed for most passing yards in team history

polamalubeast
10-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Ben Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, is about to break one of the Steelers' most-cherished and long-standing records.

He's within a tee shot of passing Terry Bradshaw to become the most-prolific passer in team history. Roethlisberger needs 300 yards to eclipse Bradshaw's club record of 27,989 yards set in 14 seasons. This is Roethlisberger's ninth season.

"It's an awesome honor, you know?" Roethlisberger said after practice Tuesday. "Shoot, a storied franchise and he's The Guy, the face of this. I know there's a lot of '70s Steelers, but, when you're talking about quarterbacks and offense and stuff, he's the guy. To have an opportunity to break another record -- and this one is a pretty big one."

It could happen Thursday night in Nashville. The Tennessee Titans defense ranks 29th overall in the NFL, 25th against the pass (279.6 per game). Roethlisberger threw for 384 in Oakland this season, his 21st 300-yard game. It is highly unlikely it would happen at Heinz Field because the Steelers play in Cincinnati next.

"Personal records, other than Super Bowls and wins, are not big things to me, but it is an awesome honor because it's him and it's a big record," Roethlisberger said. "You would like to do it at home in front of your fans because they're family, but to do it in general is a neat thing."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-roethlisberger-headed-for-most-passing-yards-in-team-history-656874/#ixzz28t56e9ir

bayz101
10-10-2012, 04:51 AM
I think he'll beat it tomorrow. Second away game this year he'll light it up passing, only this time I want a W. Thanks for posting, PolamaluBeast.

86WARD
10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
He may not. Tennessee is so bad that this could be a game where they run the shit out of the ball and Ben has about 225 and 2 TDs...one being long...