PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger thought Eagles were dirty, but OL protected well

polamalubeast
10-09-2012, 08:41 AM
The Steelers were able to keep their cool late, and pull out a win over the Eagles.

But that wasn’t the temperature throughout the game.

After stoning the Eagles’ pass rush all day (no sacks, just three hurries), the Steelers offensive line said they could sense frustration as they leaned on the Eagles.

After one of the rare pressures, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger popped up into the face of Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham.

“Yeah, Ben was mad. He thought they were going after his head,” Steelers guard Willie Colon said, via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “They were cheap-shot artists all day. They were hitting us in the back. I know I lost my cool once or twice. It is what it is. You have to play through it.”

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/09/roethlisberger-thought-eagles-were-dirty-but-ol-protected-well/

Moose
10-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Say it ain't so.....but the 'real' ref's are back !

polamalubeast
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Steelers, Ravens actually agree on an issue

Congratulations, Philadelphia Eagles. You've actually done something that doesn't happen around here often -- you got AFC North rivals to come together on an issue.

The Steelers joined the Ravens in saying that the Eagles cross the line too often during games. After one play in Sunday's 16-14 win over Philadelphia, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger ended up in the face of Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham.

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/56377/steelers-ravens-actually-agree-on-an-issue

suitanim
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Doesn't matter much now. The only way we'd play them again is if we meet in the Super Bowl, and we aren't playing well enough to even DREAM of that now, and they will NEVER reach the SB with Mike Vick under center.

Edman
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't know about the Eagles, but I know that Coleman fellow for the Eagles was pretty dirty. Stepping on Pouncey's back and throwing Brown's shoe out of bounds.

But I don't care. We won the Keystone war.

zulater
10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
One player in particular was a punk on the Eagles. They showed it on ESPN last night ,but I didn't catch the guy's name. Anyway the guy pulled the shoe off Antonio Brown after the play was over and threw it to the sideline. Punk classless move. Then the same guy stomped Pouncey's back at the end of a play. Deliberate and cheap! Punk move.

Of course bullshit things like that could easily escalate to a fight, yet the league will do nothing about it. :frusty:

zulater
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't know about the Eagles, but I know that Coleman fellow for the Eagles was pretty dirty. Stepping on Pouncey's back and throwing Brown's shoe out of bounds.

But I don't care. We won the Keystone war.

Oh damn I didn't even see this post of yours Edman! :doh: :lol:

Oh well we both agree I think that the dude's a punk.

Craic
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
One player in particular was a punk on the Eagles. They showed it on ESPN last night ,but I didn't catch the guy's name. Anyway the guy pulled the shoe off Antonio Brown after the play was over and threw it to the sideline. Punk classless move. Then the same guy stomped Pouncey's back at the end of a play. Deliberate and cheap! Punk move.

Of course bullshit things like that could easily escalate to a fight, yet the league will do nothing about it. :frusty:
Watch the jump on Pouncey's back again. I don't blame him for that. Pouncey was falling into his knees/legs, and the guy jumped up, and looked like he was expecting to hurdle Pouncey, when Pouncey stopped dead in the grass (didn't slide--like his knees got caught in the grass).

I think that's make something out of nothing. The shoe throwing thing should have been a penalty for delay of game/unsportmanlike conduct. However, that's not "dirty" that's smart football. That's the same thing as taking the risk of reaching out and holding a WR when the ball's in the air, or untying a shoe in the pile while the offense is playing no-huddle, so they have to slow down. It's taking a calculated risk. For me, "dirty" means you're either 1. intending to injure a player or 2. utilizing pre-planned ideas to cheat (such as using a camera). Taking advantage of opportunities when they come up in a game is just smart ball. It's the same as Pouncey moving the ball forwards three times against the Ravens on a 4th and 1 when they lined up for a play three separate times, and making sure that he never moved the ball back to the original place each time. It's just smart football.

Psycho Ward 86
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
didnt Coleman throwing Brown's shoe force him out for like 2 plays while we were in the redzone?

zulater
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Watch the jump on Pouncey's back again. I don't blame him for that. Pouncey was falling into his knees/legs, and the guy jumped up, and looked like he was expecting to hurdle Pouncey, when Pouncey stopped dead in the grass (didn't slide--like his knees got caught in the grass).

I think that's make something out of nothing. The shoe throwing thing should have been a penalty for delay of game/unsportmanlike conduct. However, that's not "dirty" that's smart football. That's the same thing as taking the risk of reaching out and holding a WR when the ball's in the air, or untying a shoe in the pile while the offense is playing no-huddle, so they have to slow down. It's taking a calculated risk. For me, "dirty" means you're either 1. intending to injure a player or 2. utilizing pre-planned ideas to cheat (such as using a camera). Taking advantage of opportunities when they come up in a game is just smart ball. It's the same as Pouncey moving the ball forwards three times against the Ravens on a 4th and 1 when they lined up for a play three separate times, and making sure that he never moved the ball back to the original place each time. It's just smart football.

If it could have drawn a delay of game or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, how's that smart football?

vader29
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
From bigben7.com on facebook:

For those that read the quotes this morning from one of the Steelers offensive linemen saying Ben thought the Eagles were playing dirty....

Ben himself was never quoted as saying that, and responded to the story today when asked about it during his interview with Titans beat writers:

"You know what, I just heard that. I never said that - I was never quoted as saying 'dirty'. I think they are a very physical team, they like to get after you. I think it might have been misunderstood when I said that they get after it, get after me. We tell all these guys to get after the player, that's just being physical and trying to make plays. If I call someone dirty, you'll know it...I don't think anyone tried to come after my head."

suitanim
10-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I watched Coleman for 4 years at OSU. He's not a dirty player. UNLESS, of course, thug life with the Eagles has corrupted him...

tube517
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
From bigben7.com on facebook:

For those that read the quotes this morning from one of the Steelers offensive linemen saying Ben thought the Eagles were playing dirty....

Ben himself was never quoted as saying that, and responded to the story today when asked about it during his interview with Titans beat writers:

"You know what, I just heard that. I never said that - I was never quoted as saying 'dirty'. I think they are a very physical team, they like to get after you. I think it might have been misunderstood when I said that they get after it, get after me. We tell all these guys to get after the player, that's just being physical and trying to make plays. If I call someone dirty, you'll know it...I don't think anyone tried to come after my head."

Yeah, this headline said Roethlisberger (not the O Lineman) thought Eagles were dirty.......more stupid headlines to stir the pot. :coffee:

tube517
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM

So, if a helmet falls off, the opposing team should just chuck it into the crowd......

SteelerFanInStl
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Steelers, Ravens actually agree on an issue

Congratulations, Philadelphia Eagles. You've actually done something that doesn't happen around here often -- you got AFC North rivals to come together on an issue.

I have to laugh at just the thought of the Ravens calling another team dirty. They constantly hit, push, etc. after the whistle, especially Pollard. He's a punk along with Williams.

HollywoodSteel
10-09-2012, 08:14 PM

He landed on Pouncey's back. Intent shouldn't matter. He should have gotten a penalty and a fine to boot. In the real world, if you present a product to a potential client and accidentally step on the product causing it to fail...

I'm just messin' with you, Preach. I kid, because I love. ;)

Count Steeler
10-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Would that you would give the same consideration to some incidental helmet to helmet hits. But, intent can not be judged on video. The crime must stand, regardless of intent. Or so I have read.