PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger remains underrated

stillers4me
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
After watching the Pittsburgh Steelers squeak by the Philadelphia Eagles, 16-14 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012100701/2012/REG5/eagles@steelers), on Sunday afternoon, I was reminded of something one league executive told me prior to the start of the season:
"Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile) is the most underrated player in the NFL."

At first thought, it seems odd to label a two-time Super Bowl champion quarterback as underrated, but I'm starting to buy into this theory..............

Read more @ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078482/article/ben-roethlisberger-remains-underrated-andrew-lucks-late-savvy

Iron Steeler
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Personally I think he is having a great season so far. And may be the only reason that we have any wins. Three throws/non throws that could have got him more attention nationally. The pillow pass attempt to Miller in the Broncos game in the endzone left a TD off the board. Missing the Wallace read when he clearly beat all the defenders deep in the Bronco game, theres another TD. And of course the pick 6 Same game.

His stats this year could easily be 10 -12tds and 0 ints. But hey lets talk about how Eli Manning is sucha a great 4th Quarter QB

I personally like when the Steelers are under the Radar... 9-7 Wild Card Superbowl Run anyone?

Edman
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
WR's kind of let Ben down yesterday. He had another good game against a solid Defense, and when the Steelers needed him the most, he responded.

Mike Wallace was MIA yesterday. This is the kind of games that make me question how valuable he really is. Brown and even Sanders show up, but Wallace barely leaves a mark.

steeldawg
10-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Ya Ben is a beast, and the receivers did have a tough game but they are still a solid corp.

polamalubeast
10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Ben Roethlisberger needs 310 yards to be the leader in the history of the steelers for the passing yards

steeldawg
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Ben Roethlisberger needs 310 yards to be the leader in the history of the steelers for the passing yards

Good chance he gets that against that Titans secondary!

ALLD
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Being underrated is fine with many people. Steeler fans know how good he is and the rest of the world can go f itself. If Ben continues with his reads and evolution, he could be considered a better overall QB than Marino.

tube517
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
The press is more concerned about his "feud" with Haley than being a great QB.

Stylez1877
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Missing out on the third ring hurt him for sure.

SteelGhost
10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Being underrated is fine with many people. Steeler fans know how good he is and the rest of the world can go f*ck itself. If Ben continues with his reads and evolution, he could be considered a better overall QB than Marino.

Fixed for ya' :lol:

Yesterday's dropped passes were painful to watch :doh:

Craic
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
The press is more concerned about his "feud" with Haley than being a great QB.

You know, the funny thing is, I don't hear that anymore from the press at all. Matter of fact, what I'm usually hearing now, is more of the "We were expecting this, and it didn't happen. Here's what they say about their relationship." Gotta admit, with Haley's reputation and Ben known as a competitor, it wasn't that much of a leap at first.

As for Ben - I've noticed that this year he's a lot more mature in the pocket and as a passer. The schoolyard ball is really being held to a minimum. Yet when it is necessary, he still does it well.

Steelman
10-09-2012, 01:44 AM
ESPN primetime was breaking down the Steelers' crazy 3rd down percentage tonight and the guy actually said Big Ben should be in MVP consideration. I was shocked, in a good way.

tube517
10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
You know, the funny thing is, I don't hear that anymore from the press at all. Matter of fact, what I'm usually hearing now, is more of the "We were expecting this, and it didn't happen. Here's what they say about their relationship." Gotta admit, with Haley's reputation and Ben known as a competitor, it wasn't that much of a leap at first.

As for Ben - I've noticed that this year he's a lot more mature in the pocket and as a passer. The schoolyard ball is really being held to a minimum. Yet when it is necessary, he still does it well.

Right but if Ben even puts a booger on Haley's shoulder, the press is all over it