PDA

View Full Version : Mendy lost a TON of weight!

katmandu
10-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Man! He lost a shitload of weight during his time off! That's a good thing. I was blown away how much quicker he's become!

Can't wait to see him get better as the season progesses!

steelerdude15
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Seemed just as fast as he always has been to me.

suitanim
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, he looked the same to me too.

I guess this is the story the Mendy haters are going with, though, so they don't have to admit they were wrong: Mendy was fat and out of shape last year.

GBMelBlount
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't know why you think everyone who is critical of Mendy is a hater.

He had a good game.

Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong and for Mendy to have a fantastic year.

If this happens we ALL win.

suitanim
10-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I give up.

Mendenhall sucks.

X-Terminator
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I give up.

Mendenhall sucks.

I've been just as frustrated at times with the lack of respect that Mendy gets from some fans, but no one in this thread has said those words...except you. They're trying to give him props for a job well done.

GBMelBlount
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL.

I don't know if he lost weight or not but he LOOKED fast as ever.

....and perhaps watching him after watching Redman, et al, the past year makes the contrast even more pronounced.

He has a gear that a lot of other guys don't have and it was quite evident yesterday.

suitanim
10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
When your eyes tell you what the stat sheet tells you, why the need to fabricate excuses for it? If you're giving him props, give him props, don't say he was a fatass and now he's skinny. That's an excuse...

The stats tell us he's our best back.
The players tell us he's our best back.
The players and fans from other teams tell us he's a very good back.
The coaches obviously think he's our best back.
He comes in and all of a sudden the running game which has been putrid shows signs of life, and against a great defense to boot (Eagles 12th against the run, averaging giving up 100.4 a game...we rushed for 136, and Mendy had 81 on 14 for a 5.8 average)

And all behind the same crappy oline.

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
whoever said he was a fatass...gee i just love having words put in my mouth dont you guys? :lol:

good to have him back and i agree, he looks about the same weight. he looks like he's reading holes better.

steeldevil
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks to have the same build to me. Prob 220-225 I would say. Same quickness, cutting, and speed from what I remember too. Doesn't look to have missed a beat.

LOL at anyone who thought/still thinks Redman is better. C'MON MAN...

steel striker
10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I have argued with some fellow steeler fans around here about Mendy and, alot of them wanted him gone after last year. I kept saying all long when healthy Mendy is our best option at RB. Yesterday when we really needed a boost in the running game Mendy came through with a great performance. Not to mention first game back after the ACL Tear pretty darn good. Let's hope Mendy can keep the ground game going.

zulater
10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Mendenhall had a bad year in 2011.

I thought he was fantastic in 2009 and 2010, but last year, he wasn't hitting holes with authority, and not gaining any yardage after contact. That last thing I think is verifiable, he was one of the worst rb's in the league in 2011 in yards after contact.

Yesterday he looked like the guy I remember from 2010. Two things are at work here imo.

1. I think he fits the Haley offense like a glove. But I really think the difference will show up in the number of passes he catches. Arians underutilized Mendenhall's ability as a pass catcher in my opinion.

2. And probably most importantly, this is his contract year. Earth to message board, players often will improve their performance to a large degree on the last year of their contract.

I apoligize for no criticism I offerend on Mendy's performance in 2011. He had some good moments, but rarely did he resemble a franchise back, which I think he damn near was in 09- and 10.

SteelGhost
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
It was EVIDENT the running game was better with Rashard.

Devilsdancefloor
10-08-2012, 10:09 PM
whoever said he was a fatass...gee i just love having words put in my mouth dont you guys? :lol:

good to have him back and i agree, he looks about the same weight. he looks like he's reading holes better.

This will make him look faster see a crease and hit it. the only "hating" i do on mendy is the Spin move i dont like it. If you call that hating, then welp i am a hater. What i do not understand is if you like X player , then you are just giving a opinion, but if i or someone else states a fact then sir we are hating? Dont get it i hate no one that wears black and gold not matter what college they come from they are on the steelers and that is all tha tmatters to me.

pepsyman1
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I will be the first to say I wasn't impressed with Mendi's performance last year. I thought he looked way to hesitant and spent too much time trying to look for some magic opening instead of just hitting the hole with some authority and then looking for more...something that Redman seemed way more comfortable doing last year. Yesterday, Mendi looked MUCH more definitive definitive running the ball. Get the ball, hit the gas. If THAT is how he runs this season instead of the start-stop backfield dance he was doing last year, we will all be pleased as punch.

Steeldude
10-09-2012, 01:57 AM
the only "hating" i do on mendy is the Spin move i dont like it. If you call that hating, then welp i am a hater. What i do not understand is if you like X player , then you are just giving a opinion, but if i or someone else states a fact then sir we are hating? Dont get it i hate no one that wears black and gold not matter what college they come from they are on the steelers and that is all tha tmatters to me.

I remember catching a lot of heat from the rah-rah fans when I brought up Mendenhall's needless spins.

The problem with some people here, and people from other MBs, is they just can't cope/handle it if someone disagrees with their opinion or if they do not see every Steelers' player as a god. We all know which person on here gives people the most hate for not agreeing with him :gossip:

Mendenhall looked good, but I think the O-line deserves some credit. This is not to say Mendenhall didn't make plays with his own abilities. The only fault I saw in Mendenhall was the way he still carries the football. I hope he keeps attacking like he did on Sunday. When he first came into this league he was very timid when it came to contact.

suitanim
10-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Redman spins too. Nobody complains about it when he does it.

Two plays Mendy made yesterday we don't have another back on this team capable of making: One was the long run that was called back. He did that all by himself by recognizing where the hole was going to be. The oline did him no favors there.

The other was the TD run. The only guy we have nifty enough to do that would be Rainey, and he's too little to be in there every down.

We are, were, and will continue to be lucky to have a top-notch NFL back. This is like gravity. It's not necessary for you to understand it to be effected by it and benefit from it...and his weight has zero to do with any of this.

katmandu
10-13-2012, 12:44 AM
I give up.

Mendenhall sucks.Mendenhall just Tweeted about you!

Rashard Mendenhall (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=R_Mendenhall) @R_Mendenhall

Seriously, if you're gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don't call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter...

1:10 AM Oct 12th (https://twitter.com/R_Mendenhall/status/256622937547870208)Reply (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=256622937547870208)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=256622937547870208)

Favorite (https://twitter.com/intent/favorite?tweet_id=256622937547870208)

suitanim
10-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Mendenhall just Tweeted about you!

Actually, I have Mendy's back on this one...