PDA

View Full Version : Hold that thought: Steelers line, Colon included, played well

polamalubeast
10-08-2012, 07:35 AM
In the Steelers’ locker room, almost everyone buzzed about an exhilarating win that came as the clock struck 0:00.

Linebacker James Harrison talked about playing for the first time this year and coming out of the game with his knee unscathed.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall was delighted with his first appearance of the season, an impressive showing that proved his knee is fine and that there’s hope for the running game.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was relieved that, for the first time in three tries this year, he led the offense on a game-winning drive in the final, furious minutes of the fourth quarter.

But over in his corner of the dressing quarters, there sat Willie Colon. He was the big guy who had a puzzled, frustrated look on his face.

He was trying to figure out how he could have been called for holding four times. Yes, four times in a 16-14 win over the Eagles, an official threw a yellow penalty flag at the Steelers’ left guard.

“I’ll take all the (crap) for all four holds,” he said. “I got to get beyond this. I can’t hurt my team.”

Luckily for the Steelers, Colon’s transgressions didn’t hurt the team. Only two of his four holding violations were actually marched off (one hold was declined, another was offset by a Philadelphia penalty).

read more

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mike_bires/hold-that-thought-steelers-line-colon-included-played-well/article_338a9ab7-75ba-5e0a-b1dc-a05a813f5a2c.html#.UHLHcVfsjK8.twitter