PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Woodley injured in victory

LLT
10-08-2012, 06:32 AM
By Ralph N. Paulk
Monday, October 8, 2012

Troy Polamalu tested his tender right calf on Sunday at Heinz Field, but the All-Pro safety couldn’t make it through the first quarter before aggravating his calf muscle. He pulled up while chasing down Philadelphia running back LeSean McCoy.

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley was sidelined with a right hamstring injury in the second quarter. Woodley missed six of the last eight regular-season games last season with a hamstring injury.

Coach Mike Tomlin said the team’s medical staff wasn’t sure of the extent of either player’s injury.

• The Steelers committed nine penalties for 106 yards, including five in the first half. The most damaging was an illegal formation penalty on wide receiver Mike Wallace that erased a 31-yard run by Rashard Mendenhall. “Obviously, we weren’t really sharp early, particularly with some self-inflicted wounds,” Tomlin said. The fans voiced their displeasure with a cascade of boos when guard Willie Colon was hit with one of his three holding penalties (two were declined). “I have to cut that out,” Colon said. “I take all ownership. I’m hurting the team in that regard.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2734540-85/steelers-eagles-yards-third-woodley-field-game-injury-philadelphia-quarter#ixzz28hr8rEWl
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook