PDA

View Full Version : Hensley: Compliments Ben while trashing entire rest of team! LOL

zulater
10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Big Ben refuses to let Steelers collapse

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger walked onto the field after the Steelers' defense blew another fourth-quarter lead with a 1-3 start hitting him in the face as hard as the rain at Heinz Field.

But the Steelers came back to beat the Eagles because of Roethlisberger. They've got a 2-2 record and newfound confidence because of Roethlisberger. They're not pushing the panic button heading into Thursday's game at Tennessee because of Roethlisberger.

In the Steelers' 16-14 win over the Eagles, he completed 4 of 5 passes for 50 yards and converted two third downs on the winning drive that ended with Shaun Suisham's game-ending field goal. Of his 25 game-winning drives in the fourth-quarter/overtime in the regular season, this won't rank near the top in terms of being memorable. As far as encapsulating his importance to this team, it was a drive that underscored how much Roethlisberger has been carrying the Steelers.

Name another quarterback who has done as much heavy lifting as Roethlisberger this season. He's constantly avoiding pass-rushers because his offensive line can't block.

Really? Lol, exxagerate much Jamison? The blocking by the line was solid all game today against a good defense. Yeah Ben extended some plays with his legs. But all good qb's buy time with their awareness and ability to exploit a defense's vulnerbility.

Roethlisberger has gotten so comfortable running that he even faked the option on one scramble.

That was a great improvise by Ben, no doubt.

He watched wide receivers Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown drop passes at an alarming rate (Brown had a pass bounce off his hands in the end zone) and Jerricho Cotchery trip 2 yards short of the goal line. And he can't even count on Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey, who sent two shotgun snaps flying over the 6-foot-5 quarterback's head. It makes you wonder if Roethlisberger is playing with the replacement Steelers.

Brown dropped one pass to the best of my memory, and also had several great catches in traffic. Pouncey screwed up one snap, and Ben mishandled the other so called bad snap. Wallace's game is harder to defend. He had an off night. But so did the refs who missed several Eagle holds on Wallace that took away his chances at some balls.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/56261/roethlisberger-refuses-to-let-steelers-collapse

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
He's constantly avoiding pass-rushers because his offensive line can't block.

I do not think that he saw the performence of the o-line of the cardinals against the rams!

It was not the best game of Roethlisberger today

He missed sometime accuracy including one pass to Wallace in 3rd down on the 3rd quarter and a another time to Miller on the first play in the 4th quarter

But very good drive at the end

tube517
10-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Ben was ben. He has become a better overall QB. Penalties and drops are hampering the offense.

zulater
10-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Just watching some of the game on NFL rewind. I wont be surprised if the league revisit's the ruling on Mendy's TD and changes that to a touchdown pass. Looks to me as if Mendy catches the ball a good half yard foward from where Ben released the ball.

fansince'76
10-08-2012, 11:21 AM
What? No blowing of the Ravens following their "dominating" victory over the Chiefs? :coffee:

Edman
10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
What? No blowing of the Ravens following their "dominating" victory over the Chiefs? :coffee:

I'm surprised I didn't hear any praise for Bert's* "Elite" performance. The Ravens were pretty bad yesterday, they won because Kansas City was far more incompetant than they were.

*-Solid QB, but not Elite.

suitanim
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Hensley is clearly upset that the Steelers were able to beat the Iggles when his beloved Ratbirds were not. Other than that, what would one expect? He's a third-rate hack journalist who probably inked a deal with the devil to get this gig....

polamalubeast
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
The ravens are 5-6 on the road since 2011(same record for the steelers)

zulater
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Just watching some of the game on NFL rewind. I wont be surprised if the league revisit's the ruling on Mendy's TD and changes that to a touchdown pass. Looks to me as if Mendy catches the ball a good half yard foward from where Ben released the ball.

Where's the pat yourself on the back emotcon? :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
What? No blowing of the Ravens following their "dominating" victory over the Chiefs? http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee.gif

I'm surprised I didn't hear any praise for Bert's* "Elite" performance. The Ravens were pretty bad yesterday, they won because Kansas City was far more incompetant than they were.

*-Solid QB, but not Elite.

Actually, I spoke too soon (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/56298/upon-further-review-ravens-15). :jerkit:

Shoes
10-10-2012, 01:42 PM

:toofunny: :toofunny: