PDA

View Full Version : Pola leaves Titans for USC; Fisher upset with Lane Kiffin

polamalubeast
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100724/SPORTS01/100724009/2215/SPORTS/Kennedy+Pola+leaves+Titans+for+USC

Pola leaves Titans for USC; Fisher upset with Kiffin
By Jim Wyatt • THE TENNESSEAN • July 24, 2010

Comments (22) Recommend (3) Print this page E-mail this article Share
Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine
Buzz up!Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A Next Page1| 2Previous PageThe Titans lost their running backs coach on Saturday, and Coach Jeff Fisher isn’t happy with former Tennessee Vols coach Lane Kiffin about it.

Fisher said Kiffin, now head coach at Southern Cal, never contacted him as he tried to convince Kennedy Pola to join his coaching staff. On Saturday morning, Pola accepted a position as offensive coordinator at USC, leaving the Titans without a running backs coach a week before training camp.
“I am very disappointed in Lane Kiffin’s approach to this,’’ Fisher said. “Typically speaking when coaches are interested in hiring or discussing potential employment from coaches on respective staffs there is a courtesy call made from the head coach or athletic director indicating there is an interest in talking to the assistant.

“So I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism on behalf of Lane, to call me and leave me a voice mail after Kennedy had informed me he had taken the job. It is just a lack of professionalism.’’

The controversial Kiffin left Tennessee after just one season to become USC’s head coach.

In January, Fisher hired Pola after firing Earnest Byner. The move raised some eyebrows, especially after Titans running back Chris Johnson led the NFL with 2,006 rushing yards in 2009. But Fisher said he couldn’t pass up an opportunity to hire Pola, who had an expiring contract with the Jaguars.

After his name was linked to the USC job earlier this month, Pola indicated he had no plans to leave. Pola worked previously at USC, and was a player there as well.

“I really enjoy Nashville and being with (Coach) Jeff Fisher and the leadership here, the management,” Pola told The Tennessean earlier this month. “It's really been a new sense of energy.”

Pola could not be reached for comment on Saturday. He told Fisher on Friday evening he was considering taking the job at USC, and on Saturday morning told him he’d made the decision to leave.

“As far as Kennedy is concerned, he is a fine coach and was a great addition to our staff. I am disappointed on one hand that he is leaving, but I can’t fault anybody from having an opportunity like he has. This is a chance for him to coordinate and financially it was an attractive package,’’ Fisher said. “So I can’t fault Kennedy for that. But I can express my disappointment in his lack of commitment. Kennedy is a fine ball coach, the timing is just a little unusual, a week before training camp.’’

Fisher said he’d heard rumors from the “coaching grapevine” that Kiffin had been trying to recruit Pola, but thought he would have heard from USC, where Fisher played in college.

“I’ve always gotten a courtesy call from a head coach or athletic director in the past, but that wasn’t the case,’’ Fisher said. “I don’t know (Lane) well, so I am not going to pass judgement on his character. But I am surprised.’’’

Fisher said he plans to fill Pola’s spot by someone already on staff.

Dowell Loggains, the team’s quality control assistant since 2008, is one strong possibility. Loggains is one of the rising stars on the staff, and in previous years other teams have inquired about hiring him off the Titans’ staff. Assistant special teams coach Marty Galbraith is also believed to be a candidate.

Offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger is also expected to be more involved in the position.

The Titans begin training camp on July 31.

“I am going to fill the position from within. I am not going to go outside,’’ Fisher said. “We have some different options and some coaches who are capable. And it is late, so it is highly unlikely I’ll go outside.

BigNastyDefense
07-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Shocker, Lane Kiffin and a lack of professionalism.

silver & black
07-24-2010, 05:48 PM
LOL... and how could anyone possibly be surprised at this!? Kiffin is a f**king coniving little snake.

I think it's f**king hilarious how Al Davis and the Raiders were chastized for how they handled this guy, but now everyone is starting to see the truth about this immatutre little c*ck sucker.

st33lersguy
07-25-2010, 02:52 PM
The terms "Lane Kiffin" and "Lack of professionalism" are go together as well as "Ryan Leaf" and "total failure"

Edman
07-25-2010, 07:55 PM
What's this? Lane Kiffin is a conniving snake?

I'm glad the Condoms have such a quality individual leading their program.

memphissteelergirl
07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Looks like the Titans are taking "Lame" Kiffin to court

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Titans-sue-Lane-Kiffin-for-coach-poaching?urn=nfl-258284

This man attracts :drama: everywhere he goes. :smh:

steelerdude15
07-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I bet everybody in Tennessee hates this guy so much. I remember the students at the University of Tennessee rioting and burning things and now this.... what a moron.