PDA

View Full Version : 2008: Sacked 9 times. Today: Not Sacked.

Edman
10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
How about some props for the O-Line?

Well, I would give them props, they were substituted for Holding Calls thanks to Colon. Though to be fair, the Zebras were flag happy.

86WARD
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
How about the penalties then compared to today? That was ridiculous.

Steelman
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
No sacks on any day by our O-line is superb, let alone against the Eagles.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 04:26 PM
last 2 games:86 pass attemps:only one sacks!

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Haley had a great game plan today - lots of short passes and dump-offs to counter the Eagles' pass rush. That, along with a solid ground game, is how you beat an aggressive defense.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Haley had a great game plan today - lots of short passes and dump-offs to counter the Eagles' pass rush. That, along with a solid ground game, is how you beat an aggressive defense.

Prior to 2007, Kurt Warner was criticized that he hold the ball too long...But with Haley, this problem has been resolved

Maybe Haley will do the same thing with Roethlisberger!

steelpride12
10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Screw how we feel about it, imagine how Ben feels not getting tortured each game :lol:

Wallace108
10-07-2012, 04:37 PM
It's also good to see Ben throwing the ball away more rather than trying to force something that's not there.

HollywoodSteel
10-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Well, I would give them props, they were substituted for Holding Calls thanks to Colon. Though to be fair, the Zebras were flag happy.

Would you trade this o-line for the 2008 o-line if you could also trade for that defense? Tough call to make because Ben might not survive behind the 2008 o-line.

Edman
10-07-2012, 04:38 PM

It's not being great all the time, it's being a great offense when you need it. For the first time in a while, Ben staged a Game-Winning drive after the Defense surrendered the lead. If this were 2009-2011, we probably lose this game.

I'm totally on board with Haley.

zulater
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Not to be a negative Nelly, but keep in mind the 8 sack game was on the road. Lot easier to block when you can hear the signals and know the play call.

Granted though the pass protection is the best it's been since 2005.

fansince'76
10-07-2012, 04:40 PM

Pouncey at center as opposed to the human speed bump Hartwig alone makes the 2012 edition a better OL...

HollywoodSteel
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I know I might have to duck after this comment but... It was nice to see some play calls that got the ball out of Ben's hands quickly when the defenders were through the O-line. Notice I didn't actually compare OCs. Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with that. :behindsofa:

steelerdude15
10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
It's also good to see Ben throwing the ball away more rather than trying to force something that's not there.

This. I also give props to the o-line, even though Colon had four penalties against him. I give majors props to Gilbert. He blocked extremely well and opened up some holes for Mendy to make a couple of good runs. He also pushed defenders away from Ben when they blitzed.

BigNastyDefense
10-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I know I might have to duck after this comment but... It was nice to see some play calls that got the ball out of Ben's hands quickly when the defenders were through the O-line. Notice I didn't actually compare OCs. Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with that. :behindsofa:

I think it's that along with Ben possibly finally realizing that it's better to dump the ball off and get something other than risk a sack, interception, fumble, or taking a big hit. He's no longer 20-something, he can't take all of those unnecessary hits. I am sure there were dump off routes when Arians was calling the plays, but Ben chose to try to extend for the big play and payed for it more often than not.

Count Steeler
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Props to the OLine, sans Willie "Hold'em" Colon.

WRs, did you use grease instead of stickum?

CPanther95
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I was at that game in Philly in 2008. Would have never guessed a SB that year the way they completely shut us down.

polamalubeast
10-08-2012, 05:34 AM
The Steelers are 13-0 with Roethlisberger when the Steelers do not give one sacks!