PDA

View Full Version : YESSSS!

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
ugly win,but great win vs a very good team!

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
and bengals lost!

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Tough game, lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball. Defense played better...offense not so much. But they got the W, and that's all that matters. Still have a lot of work to do. The injury situation though...ugh. I'm starting to agree with Steeldude that the strength and conditioning coaches need a serious re-evaluation.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
The eagles play a lot of ugly game since the beginning of the season

They have a great defense and Mccoy is an amazing player

steelpride12
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I really do something think Troy should begin thinking of retirement. He reminds me of Aaron Smith too much.

st33lersguy
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Huge momentum building win

GBMelBlount
10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Tough game, lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball.

Defense played better...offense not so much.

But they got the W, and that's all that matters. Still have a lot of work to do.

The injury situation though...ugh. I'm starting to agree with Steeldude that the strength and conditioning coaches need a serious re-evaluation.

I agree....Injuries and poor 2nd half play is a concern....we really seem to give teams long drives and points in the 2nd half...consistently.

stillers4me
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Enough with the penalties already. :doh:

fansince'76
10-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Enough with the penalties already. :doh:

A couple of the more costly ones were completely bogus. The "real" refs didn't acquit themselves well at ALL today. And NONE of them seem to know the damn difference between a helmet and a shoulder pad. Now it seems that every hard shot = "head shot" automatically. Ryan Clark is now probably going to get a game's suspension for a bullshit call on top of everything. I don't see how some people can continue to defend Goodell and "Lawerball," I really don't.

SteelerFanInStl
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I didn't get to see the game but looking at the stats, 106 yards in penalties???

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
A couple of the more costly ones were completely bogus. The real refs didn't acquit themselves well at ALL today.

The penalty of Clark was a very good call

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I didn't get to see the game but looking at the stats, 106 yards in penalties???

This is a big problem since the beginning of the season

before week 4, the Steelers were the 3rd most penalized team

tube517
10-07-2012, 03:24 PM

76 to Willie Colon
15 each to the Ryans (Goodhell rules)

stillers4me
10-07-2012, 03:24 PM
:thumbdown: Willie Colon.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 03:26 PM
76 to Willie Colon
15 each to the Ryans (Goodhell rules)

The penalty on Ryan clark was a great call

it was a hit when the play was over

steelerrob
10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah but the Mundy hit should draw no fine. It was a shoulder hit, and the helmets happened to touch.

stillers4me
10-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Who's this Timmon's guy they played today?

steelerdude15
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Colon, Mundy, and Lewis are the weakest links. We need to upgrade those positions.

tube517
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Who's this Timmon's guy they played today?

Haven't seen him since the first half of 2010

steelerdude15
10-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I was extremely impressed with Lawrence. He played extremely well in the first half causing a turnover, getting a couple of sacks, stopping the run, and also disrupted their offensive line. Very pleased, just imagine if he did this all the time?!?

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 03:58 PM

I didn't hear any whistle blow signalling that the play was over. It was a bullshit call, plain and simple.

stillers4me
10-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I didn't hear any whistle blow signalling that the play was over. It was a bullshit call, plain and simple.

Yep.. That's what I said during the game. He wasn't going down and Ryan was finishing the play.

86WARD
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Suisham...still makes me nervous...and he won the game...lol.

Butch
10-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Strongly disagree with you on this, the play was definitely not OVER.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Suisham...still makes me nervous...and he won the game...lol.

same for me

HollywoodSteel
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm really hoping that the NFL agrees with you because he is a multiple time offender. I don't know if he gets a suspension this time. Can you imagine our D with both starting safeties out?

Any way you look at it, it was a stupid hit by Clark. Whistle or not, the guy was wrapped up and there was no reason to go for the kill shot. He knows how the refs are flag happy when it comes to stuff like that. That penalty helped them on a TD drive.

Butch
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm really hoping that the NFL agrees with you because he is a multiple time offender. I don't know if he gets a suspension this time. Can you imagine our D with both starting safeties out?

Any way you look at it, it was a stupid hit by Clark. Whistle or not, the guy was wrapped up and there was no reason to go for the kill shot. He knows how the refs are flag happy when it comes to stuff like that. That penalty helped them on a TD drive.

I will have to go back over the game but I don't think he was wrapped up. There were guys at his feet but that's not wrapped up.

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 06:42 PM

They more than likely won't, and Clark will be suspended. And if he is, I will bitch until the end of time, because not only didn't the whistle blow, he hit a guy who was RUNNING with the football after the catch and had NOT gone down. How many times does that happen during the season? It's fucking garbage, and there is no defending it.

oneforthetoe
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think he will be suspended. I would look for a whopping fine, however. Clark might be 100k lighter in the wallet.

fansince'76
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
They more than likely won't, and Clark will be suspended. And if he is, I will bitch until the end of time, because not only didn't the whistle blow, he hit a guy who was RUNNING with the football after the catch and had NOT gone down. How many times does that happen during the season? It's fucking garbage, and there is no defending it.

Ryan Clark Hit on Celek (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000077788/Ryan-Clark-yells-at-officials)

And of course, Aikman justifies it. Exactly how the fuck was Celek STILL a defenseless receiver when Clark hit him? Ridiculous.

polamalubeast
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
The rule may be stupid, but at the same time, it was the right call for the referee since this is the rule

the steelers players need to be more disciplined...The steelers was the 3rd most penalized team after the week 3 and they had 106 penalty yards today

fansince'76
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
The rule may be stupid, but at the same time, it was the right call for the referee since this is the rule

the steelers players need to be more disciplined...The steelers was the 3rd most penalized team after the week 3 and they had 106 penalty yards today

It would help when the same calls go both ways too, namely PI flags...

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Ryan Clark Hit on Celek (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000077788/Ryan-Clark-yells-at-officials)

And of course, Aikman justifies it. Exactly how the fuck was Celek STILL a defenseless receiver when Clark hit him? Ridiculous.

Well, after watching it, the whistle had blown before the hit, so the penalty was justified. So it looks like Clark has earned himself another fine and maybe a suspension, both of which I STRONGLY disagree with.

fansince'76
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Well, after watching it, the whistle had blown before the hit, so the penalty was justified. So it looks like Clark has earned himself another fine and maybe a suspension, both of which I STRONGLY disagree with.

Celek was NOT defenseless at that point, however. That's what I take issue with.

X-Terminator
10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Celek was NOT defenseless at that point, however. That's what I take issue with.

If they want to say that he had guys around his feet, then yeah, he was "defenseless." Anyone with a brain can see that he wasn't. The hit was just late, and late hits = fine.

tube517
10-07-2012, 09:02 PM
It was after the whistle, yes. So, under these rules, the call was correct. Problem is, Celek's knees werent down and Clark was going FULL SPEED at Celek when the whistle was blown. At that point, we are supposed to believe that Clark should stop in his tracks and not hit the "defenseless" receiver. :jerkit:

Again, the call was technically correct. I have no argument with that.