PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger picked up Haley’s offense immediately

polamalubeast
10-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is off to the best start of his career as he is ranked in the top five in a number of different passing categories.

Wait … how is that possible with a new offense — a “Rosetta Stone” — offense being shoved down his throat in a short period of time?

The fact is, Roethlisberger grasped Todd Haley’s offense almost immediately — just ask quarterback coach Randy Fichtner.

“Whatever bumps you go through with the terminology, it is still football,” Fichtner said. “It is still techniques and fundamentals. And most of all, you can’t hide accuracy.”

Roethlisberger is a career 63 percent completion percentage passer but is completing 68.3 percent of his passes through three games. He completed 70.7 percent of his passes during preseason games.

But he’s been accurate from the time he stepped onto the field at St. Vincent College in late July.

“He was throwing 75, 76 percent completions in training camp,” Fichtner said. “You can’t hide accuracy. The thing is, what we remembered about him from the last couple weeks was an immobile, injured Ben. Now, he is doing what he is expecting himself to do.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/10/04/roethlisberger-picked-up-haleys-offense-immediately/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Steeldude
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Has Haley even implemented the entire playbook yet? I thought I read somewhere that Haley would use more after the bye-week.

GBMelBlount
10-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Roethlisberger is a career 63 percent completion percentage passer but is completing 68.3 percent of his passes through three games

Ben also completed 68% of his passes his rookie year and they were short routes as well.

What a coincidence.

86WARD
10-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Wait...Ben understands Haley's playbook? Blasphemy!!!

NCSteeler
10-07-2012, 08:29 AM
I've heard from some around here it could be a major set back. It might take the players half a season to learn it. Some people must think the players are real dolts.

tube517
10-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Nonsense. Ben resisted the new playbook from Day One and wanted a match in the octagon w/Haley. Get the real news, Kaboly! :chuckle: