PDA

View Full Version : have an open mind

Devilsdancefloor
10-04-2012, 07:38 AM
One of my favorite things to do is going to the bookstore. When I'm walking through a bookstore or a library, I feel like a kid at a candy factory!

Being around so many different books and so many different titles, you can feel the variety of great ideas coupled with beautiful experiences, just screaming out at you, begging for an attentive ear.

As I walk up and down the aisles, and through the walls of books, I wish that I could be that ear. I wish that I could spend time with all of these stories, because my main goal in life is to learn everything. I know that is not very realistic, however I genuinely enjoy learning and taking the time to understand the truest meaning of things. I put that same effort into trying to understand people. The people close to me, people I may come into contact with, and also people I've never met -- be they in different parts of the country or on the other side of the world. I earnestly try to understand everyone's story, none excluded.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-mendenhall/having-an-open-mind_b_1933942.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

steelers_switzerland
10-04-2012, 07:46 AM
so proud of this intelligent young man. very good read

tube517
10-04-2012, 08:07 AM
From the comments below the article:

Rashard...

All fine and good, but...

Could you just stop dancing behind the line and hit the hole?

:rofl2:

suitanim
10-04-2012, 08:27 AM
He should use that time in the library to read up on terrorism and who REALLY caused 9/11. Or about how NFL players are NOT slaves. Or about what kind of dirtbag Osama bin Laden was.