PDA

View Full Version : Red zone Defense

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
This is a problem which is under the radar right now....Almost each time that the broncos and raiders were in the red zone, they scored a TD

When the opponent is in the red zone, the Steelers must force the opponent to kick a FG!

suitanim
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Red Zone problems? Well, we know who to blame for those! Arians!

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
please, why you put Arians to almost every thread...This joke is very old now...This joke is very old and it derails a thread

back to the topic!

Butch
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Red Zone problems? Well, we know who to blame for those! Arians!

I can see where you are coming from on this, was wonderin' when you were going to finally see the light on this issue. Just sayin'.

suitanim
10-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I can see where you are coming from on this, was wonderin' when you were going to finally see the light on this issue. Just sayin'.

Yes. I see the light. Our DEFENSIVE problems in the red zone are Bruce Arians fault, just like they were last year. Even though he doesn't coach here anymore, or have anything to do with defense.

Butch
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes. I see the light. Our DEFENSIVE problems in the red zone are Bruce Arians fault, just like they were last year. Even though he doesn't coach here anymore, or have anything to do with defense.

EXACTLY!!! Gotta hand it to ya' I was surprised you got all that from this thread topic but you are so "Johnie on the spot"!!! Can't get anything past ya'!!!

suitanim
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Bruce Arians is also the cause of AIDS, Global Warming and the War in Afghanistan.

fansince'76
10-02-2012, 01:17 PM
To get the thread back on track, I'd like to see the defense create some turnovers, like it did in preseason.

suitanim
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
The defense just needs to execute. All good things will follow that...

Steeldude
10-02-2012, 01:23 PM
please, why you put Arians to almost every thread...This joke is very old now...This joke is very old and it derails a thread

back to the topic!

You have to understand how deeply upset Suitanim is over the firing of Arians.

IMO, the Steelers don't have the talent/players to effectively run their current scheme. Relying on Harrison and Polamalu to save the day won't fix the problem. The Steelers need the other players to step up, but I don't see it happening. Personally, I think Lebeau should let the defensive linemen do some attacking.

At the moment the Steelers rank 23rd in red zone defense. Well at least their red zone offense is doing better this year. They are currently ranked 8th : )

suitanim
10-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Woodley!
Arians!
Kordell Stewart!

Psycho Ward 86
10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Woodley!
Arians!
Kordell Stewart!

nope. just arians.

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
To get the thread back on track, I'd like to see the defense create some turnovers, like it did in preseason.

The offense of the eagles had made ​​12 turnovers in their first 3 game

Of course, the Eagles have not made a turnovers against the Giants, but I hope that Vick and the offense of the eagles will make some big mistakes against the steelers!

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Woodley!
Arians!
Kordell Stewart!

Not derail the thread, please

Count Steeler
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I just hope we don't come out stale on Sunday. Hope we come out firing on all cylinders. We are at home and the best way to beat Vick is to attack him.

Our red zone defense needs more pressure and better coverage and no penalties. The defense really needs to come together and FAST!

steelerdude15
10-02-2012, 05:33 PM
You have to understand how deeply upset Suitanim is over the firing of Arians.

IMO, the Steelers don't have the talent/players to effectively run their current scheme. Relying on Harrison and Polamalu to save the day won't fix the problem. The Steelers need the other players to step up, but I don't see it happening. Personally, I think Lebeau should let the defensive linemen do some attacking.

At the moment the Steelers rank 23rd in red zone defense. Well at least their red zone offense is doing better this year. They are currently ranked 8th : )

I'm happy to see that, but when it comes to our red zone defense, it needs to pick up. Creating turnovers, sacking the QB, or stopping the run, they have to do all of that to get better and that has barely happened. Of course when it come to the red zone defense, I don't know whats worse, the rush or pass defense. I'd have to say rush defense so far.

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm happy to see that, but when it comes to our red zone defense, it needs to pick up. Creating turnovers, sacking the QB, or stopping the run, they have to do all of that to get better and that has barely happened. Of course when it come to the red zone defense, I don't know whats worse, the rush or pass defense. I'd have to say rush defense so far.

and made a 3rd down stop!

steelerdude15
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
and made a 3rd down stop!

That too.

Steeldude
10-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Not derail the thread, please

Get used to it. He is allowed to hijack threads and troll.

Yes, you are right, the 3rd down defense needs to improve drastically.

I haven't watched many Cardinals' games, but do they let their DL attack or sit back like the Steelers. I remember in the Cowher days the DL would attack more.

Devilsdancefloor
10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
id like to saee the young DL ATTACK more and the DB's press cover a lot more then they do i thin we have the guys do it. Most took their hate of gay and now are on Lewis, but thing he is better and more physical than gay and would do a hell of alot better in a press coverage D, plus i really thought C brown was drafted to be that coverage guy he seems to be lost in the shuffle

st33lersguy
10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Of course it would be best if the defense never allowed a team to get in the red zone, of course that is hard to do

SteelGhost
10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I just HOPE the defense don't make Vick look like Steve Young :doh2: