PDA

View Full Version : official offensive line thread

cold-hard-steel
07-24-2010, 12:48 AM
We been goin through this for years.No credit for the o-line.Me,i ain't worried even a tad.Noone gives those guy's any respect at all,what soever. Media,fans,opponents,makes no difference no how.Confidence says a lot on game day.I trust,and i believe,and i have the faith! Steelers must have a new game face. It is,and always has been about predictability as far as i am concerned.Total team effort to get the job done.If everyone,and thier mother are focusing on our o-line, that could be a good thing.The play calling,along with special teams,and back to a strong defense,will be our ticket to the post season!We will be in the playoffs this year.The o-line will emerge.I will stop short of the predictable call.(M5).lol

ALLD
07-24-2010, 07:19 AM
You better be right or it's going to be a long season.

solardave
07-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I want to believe our O-line improves with the new mentality that Kugler brings. Hard nose smash mouth line blocking. I don't fault these guys in the past because I think we needed this change at line coach to toughen them up. Even with Colon out I think we will surprise the doubters. I never played formal football but I know this. I'd rather run block than pass protect. Kick ass and take names.

cold-hard-steel
08-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Time to bring this back up,before it gets too late.The starting 5 sucked in the first pre-season game. Right? The media somewhat jumped all over it already. Nobody seems to believe we can pull together an o-line with any type of cohesion.Wow! Think some would learn to believe by now.Keep your eyes on the"front 5".

Killer
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
rah rah siss boom bah, shake those pom pom's - cheerleaders ride in the back of the bus

If Flozell doesn't get his ass in gear he's going to be out on the street

polamalubeast
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Tomlin wants to see more of former Bills lineman Jonathan Scott at right tackle. That might be a sign that recently signed Flozell Adams is having difficulty making the adjustment from left tackle, the position he played for 13 seasons, to right tackle. Adams allowed a sack against Detroit.

"We just want to see Jonathan Scott," Tomlin said. "We've got some guys that are working, so we want to see them."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iP-BtJ3bxItDKyPsjvLXI5B8KfmAD9HMNRFG0

xX-TSK-Xx
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
rah rah siss boom bah, shake those pom pom's - cheerleaders ride in the back of the bus

If Flozell doesn't get his ass in gear he's going to be out on the street

From what we saw in the Detroit game, Tony Hills or Trai Essex look like more viable options than Flozell.

Killer
08-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Starks, Foster, Pouncey, Essex, Scott - could work

nobody's job is safe with this bunch - keep plugging them in till something works

SteelMember
08-19-2010, 03:17 PM
All we need now is a super cool nickname for them. Let me think...

"front 5".

That's close.

:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM

That's close.

http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/speed.jpg

cold-hard-steel
08-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm tellin my mommy. Mom!!! Steelmember's picken on me!!!!!So is M.O.P. too!!!! Wahhhhh....wahhhhh. LOL!

That's close.

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2012, 01:30 PM
We been goin through this for years.No credit for the o-line.Me,i ain't worried even a tad.Noone gives those guy's any respect at all,what soever. Media,fans,opponents,makes no difference no how.Confidence says a lot on game day.I trust,and i believe,and i have the faith! Steelers must have a new game face. It is,and always has been about predictability as far as i am concerned.Total team effort to get the job done.If everyone,and thier mother are focusing on our o-line, that could be a good thing.The play calling,along with special teams,and back to a strong defense,will be our ticket to the post season!We will be in the playoffs this year.The o-line will emerge.I will stop short of the predictable call.(M5).lol

Here we go again.Moving pounce over to left may become remarkable.

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Shame to go back to 2010 to help get the blood flowin. But it is what it is.

Steeldude
12-09-2012, 03:49 PM

I am not trying to be the grammar police, but a space after each period and comma would make your post easier to read

zulater
12-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Steelers’ offensive line morphing yet again

It took Max Starks a moment to process what he had heard.
Starks, 30, less than a year removed from reconstructive knee surgery and jobless until a couple of weeks before training camp, is the only Steeler yet to miss a snap.
“Oh, God no,” said Starks, who put his fingers in his ears and made a “la-la-la” sound. “I am not going to jinx myself, not going to jinx myself, not going to jinx myself.”
That‘s 902 offensive snaps, and 902 offensive snaps played.
You can‘t blame Starks for being superstitious. All he has to do is look around to realize how fortunate he has been.
The Steelers were forced into 26 offensive line combinations last season. With the debut of rookie first-round pick David DeCastro in the starting lineup Sunday against Dallas, it will make the 11th offensive line combination this season and the sixth over the past four weeks.
DeCastro and rookie seventh-rounder Kelvin Beachum will start at guard and tackle, respectively, on the right side.
“Yeah, everybody keeps reminding me,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley quipped when asked about starting rookie linemen side by side.
The Steelers have experience adapting.
“It is almost like when it happens now, you don‘t fret about it,” guard Ramon Foster said. “You don‘t think it is a big deal.”
The Steelers, however, believe it is a big deal to get DeCastro back. He has been out since injuring his knee Aug. 25 during the third preseason game. With DeCastro in the lineup, Foster can move to left guard for the injured Willie Colon.
“We weren‘t sure if he was going to be able to make it back,” Haley said of DeCastro. “He is getting more and more comfortable, and he has passed every test.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3130721-85/decastro-offensive-steelers#ixzz2F1b9PrhX
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

43Hitman
12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
I sure do hope that DeCastro and Beachum can hold up the right side. What DeMarcus Ware can do on the edge scares the crap outta me. We are going to need our quick passing game to be working on Sunday. :pray: