PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu: Steelers' scheme isn't the problem

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Troy Polamalu gave a flat answer when asked if the Steelers' defense needed to change: "To be quite honest, this is a question that you guys ask us at this same point every single year since I've been here. We're not going to change. It's about how we execute and how we can win our one-on-one matchups. If we don't, it's nothing to do with the scheme of things. It's just that we're not performing."

He then laughed and added, "Maybe I ought to make a recording of that

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/70f86136-edac-4d1c-b23e-50b63fcb731d/?source=twitter

zulater
10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Translation. If he and Deebo can return and play at All Pro level everything will be just fine.

If not? God only knows?

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
The problem against the Raiders is that the Steelers were too predictable!

I do not think the scheme are the problem, since the cardinals are 4-0 because of their defense and the cards using the same scheme that the steelers

Psycho Ward 86
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Of course the most unpredictable player on the planet would say that.

SteelGhost
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Yep, execution is the problem, SO Troy and Deebo have to play, not their replacements :chuckle:

st33lersguy
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Nope, running the prevent defense every time the team takes a lead is not a scheme problem. Although, it doesn't help when Ryan Mundy is playing

60_MINUTES
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I think we could call a little better game..maybe Dick is calling some of the same shit Etc...but most of all its the fact we dont have play makers on the field right now... someone said look at the cards and thats correct..they are looking just fine... what cracks me up is all the guys on these boards are going off of what a washed up Carson Palmer cry baby ass said....lol..we have kicked the shit out of him for years...he hates everything about the steelers we basically took away his football dreams so he finally beats us and runs his mouth talking about how easy it was...lol now we all think Dick L and our steelers went from being number one in the league 8 months ago to being washed up.... Guys its plain and simple we are missing players... but yes ole Dick may need to get a little fire back...we got to bring some heat... rushing 4 guys and sometimes 5 is just not gonna get it done with these guys on the field...

suitanim
10-02-2012, 05:31 AM
What does Troy know about defensive schemes compared to a bunch of message board posters?