PDA

View Full Version : week 5:Philadelphia eagles

polamalubeast
09-30-2012, 10:34 AM
This is the next opponent of the steelers!

it will not be an easy game, but I think the Steelers will win because the Steelers play very well at home since several games.....The Steelers have a record of 11-1 in their last 12 games at home

I also believe that the return of Polamalu will be huge(no Ryan Mundy in the lineup!)

polamalubeast
09-30-2012, 10:40 AM
But in the two games in his career against the Steelers, Michael Vick was amazing against the Steelers in 2002 and 2006

In 2002,Vick has made 294 yards and the falcons scored 34 points in a tie game

In 2006, Vick has made 4 TD pass in a 41-38 win for the falcons

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2012, 01:53 PM
we need to continue to not play arians ball if we want to score on this defense, that's for sure. Ball needs to come out quick against that front 7

polamalubeast
09-30-2012, 08:34 PM
before the game against the Giants, the Eagles had the best defense against the pass and right now the defense is great against the Giants(6/15 66 yards for Eli right now)

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
before the game against the Giants, the Eagles had the best defense against the pass and right now the defense is great against the Giants(6/15 66 yards for Eli right now)

because theyre vulnerable against the run...

a couple of years ago the redskins had the #1 pass defense halfway through the year because they had the last ranked run defense :lol:

polamalubeast
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
because theyre vulnerable against the run...

a couple of years ago the redskins had the #1 pass defense halfway through the year because they had the last ranked run defense :lol:

laugh like you want, but the opposing QB have a QB rating of 57.0 against the eagles this year

Edman
09-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Not confident in the Steelers' Chances in this game, even if they are at home.

The Defense never played well against Vick, and Philly has a pretty strong defense with the ability to attack the O's biggest question mark: The O-Line. With our lackluster Defense who makes any Joe Schmoe look good with a coordinator who seems to have no clue, we're staring at another painful shootout and 1-3.

Slipping Defense with the league's best back coming to town and a dynamic QB, it doesn't look good.

Moose
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
This is definitely a MUST WIN game for us. Slipping to 1-3 will be a tough hole to climb out of with the schedule we have. The bungholes schedule can give them a fast 5-1 or 6-1 start and the ratbirds right with them. Our defense has to start stepping up right now and of course the offense needs to put big points up early, and quit playing conservative and put the teams away. The eagles game scares the hell out of me, since we have the tendency to make half-ass QBs look like hall of famers.

suitanim
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
We'll win. We're a different team both offensively and defensively at home. We'll have Mendy back, and should be able to run the ball. We have an arsenal of quick-hit pass plays which will negate or at least slow the Eagles constant pressure. Vick is due for a bad game, as well. I think we win and win big.

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
this is not a must win, but if the steelers lose against the Eagles, the game against the Titans and the Bengals will be a must win

I'm confident for the game against the eagles...Polamalu's return will be huge and the defense can not be worse

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I think that the o-line will be the reason we lose or not in this game. Our goal going into this game should be to control the clock with a lead. It doesn't always work,but i see it as our best shot at a win. Just my thinking.

suitanim
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
this is not a must win, but if the steelers lose against the Eagles, the game against the Titans and the Bengals will be a must win

I'm confident for the game against the eagles...Polamalu's return will be huge and the defense can not be worse

Completely disagree. The way this team is built, they MUST win every home game. The hope then would be to go 4-4 on the road, but after losing to the Raiders, even that is probably a stretch. The way they are playing now, I'd say they lose to Tennessee and beat the Bengals (Steelers usually play okay in Cinci), lose at the Giants, beat Cleveland in Cleveland, lose at the Ravens and at Dallas. IF they manage 8-0 at home, that leaves them 2-6 on the road and 10-6 for the year. If they play a playoff game at home, they'll win that, then lose the Divisional game on the road.

IF they can go 8-0 at home. Each home loss makes this road a LOT tougher. We are a shitty road team now. I thought maybe the Raiders were rebounding, but after yesterdays slaughtering at the hands of the Bronco's, they just suck.

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Completely disagree. The way this team is built, they MUST win every home game. The hope then would be to go 4-4 on the road, but after losing to the Raiders, even that is probably a stretch. The way they are playing now, I'd say they lose to Tennessee and beat the Bengals (Steelers usually play okay in Cinci), lose at the Giants, beat Cleveland in Cleveland, lose at the Ravens and at Dallas. IF they manage 8-0 at home, that leaves them 2-6 on the road and 10-6 for the year. If they play a playoff game at home, they'll win that, then lose the Divisional game on the road.

IF they can go 8-8 at home.

The last time the steelers were 8-0 at home, this was the season of 15-1 in 2004

And I'm not reminds the last time that the Steelers were 2-6 on the road

Regardless, the steelers will be at worst 3-5 on the road with wins against the Titans, Bengals and Cleveland....The Steelers are 5-13 against the AFC/NFC west on the road since 2003....The good news is that the Steelers will not play a another game in the west this year on the road!

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
you can't make the playoffs with a record of 2-6 on the road!

suitanim
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
They don't usually play all that well against Tennessee. The Steelers were ONE DRIVE away from being 8-0 last year. And as things stand now, they aren't beating the Ravens at home or on the road unless the defense gets their act together.

Anyway, I don't actually expect the defense to be this shitty all year, so they have some hope still for that 4-4. I see no reason why they can't go 8-0 at home if they do as well.

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 11:50 AM
They don't usually play all that well against Tennessee. The Steelers were ONE DRIVE away from being 8-0 last year. And as things stand now, they aren't beating the Ravens at home or on the road unless the defense gets their act together.

Anyway, I don't actually expect the defense to be this shitty all year, so they have some hope still for that 4-4. I see no reason why they can't go 8-0 at home if they do as well.

The Steelers have crushed the Titans in the last two years and this year the Titans are bad....If the steelers lose against the Titans, the season is over

Last year the Steelers were awful in Baltimore, but in other years before, the Steelers have often played well in Baltimore

The Steelers have won in Baltimore in 2008 and 2010 and they almost won in 2009 with Dennis Dixon as QB

86WARD
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
They won't win this game without serious adjustments to the defense.

86WARD
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
...and it is must win for the wild card playoffs. Going 1-4, pretty much throws the division title out the window in this league and with the talent Baltimore has, the AFC North is pretty much outta reach at that point. Lets be real here...these Steelers aren't sweeping the Ravens. Maybe not even the Bengals.

Lets hope the proper adjustments have been made...

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
...and it is must win for the wild card playoffs. Going 1-4, pretty much throws the division title out the window in this league and with the talent Baltimore has, the AFC North is pretty much outta reach at that point. Lets be real here...these Steelers aren't sweeping the Ravens. Maybe not even the Bengals.

Lets hope the proper adjustments have been made...

The season is over if the steelers are 1-4 after the games vs titans

Moose
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM

This eagle game isn't a MUST WIN , but if we 'lose' then the next 2 are ?? Give me a break, that makes no FK'n sense. If we don't win this game it will be hard as hell getting back on a winning track and going to cincy against the bungholes will be one hell of task to come out with a win. And we will have to sweep the bungholes to have a chance at Div.

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
This eagle game isn't a MUST WIN , but if we 'lose' then the next 2 are ?? Give me a break, that makes no FK'n sense. If we don't win this game it will be hard as hell getting back on a winning track and going to cincy against the bungholes will be one hell of task to come out with a win. And we will have to sweep the bungholes to have a chance at Div.

Look, the Steelers must be at least 3-3 after six games and the game against the Bengals is the most important game of the next 3 games...

And in case of tiebreaker,this is better to lose against the eagles that against the Titans

But of course,the game against the Eagles is very important

Moose
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
With losing to the pathetic raiders( after beating the snot out of them in the first half and then letting come back the second to beat us), and then the BYE week....this team NEEDS A WIN to get back on track. That's why I say it's a MUST win. The ratbirds are always tough to play, nothing guaranteed, lucky to split, and I believe the bungholes are flying under the radar and are a real threat in the division, again lucky to split. And the browns, well, you never know how the Steeler's will play against them. The eagles can be a very challenging team to face coming out of the bye week. A QB that plays inconsistently....terrible to great. If our defense can come out and smoother him, our offense can score a bunch of TD's, ( FG's suk), it will be a big mental booster for the team and fans to head down the stretch. GO STEELERS

HollywoodSteel
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to look at the season in a glass-half-full kind of way. We are undefeated at home and have not won on the road (same as the Ravens). We have yet to play a game with Troy and Clark playing together. If Harrison comes back healthy at some point it will greatly improve our pass rush and our ability to mix up which linebackers drop back into coverage.

But, that said, this is pretty close to a must win. We have to keep holding serve at home and just hope that we can get, and stay, healthy on defense because we have no depth.

BTW, just from observation, the Ravens defense does not look as impressive as in years past. The lack of Suggs has hurt them. I saw the Bengals and Patriots carve them up in the passing game, but they were lucky enough to make some big plays when they counted. They really should have lost against the Patriots if that defender had just made an easy interception.

suitanim
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
The Steelers have crushed the Titans in the last two years and this year the Titans are bad....If the steelers lose against the Titans, the season is over

Last year the Steelers were awful in Baltimore, but in other years before, the Steelers have often played well in Baltimore

The Steelers have won in Baltimore in 2008 and 2010 and they almost won in 2009 with Dennis Dixon as QB
We crushed them LAST year AT HOME. Two years ago, we scraped out an ugly win 19-11 in Tennessee. And we played defense two years ago.

In 2009 they took us into OT IN PITTSBURGH. We won, but ugly. The year before that, they crushed us.

polamalubeast
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
We crushed them LAST year AT HOME. Two years ago, we scraped out an ugly win 19-11 in Tennessee. And we played defense two years ago.

In 2009 they took us into OT IN PITTSBURGH. We won, but ugly. The year before that, they crushed us.

in 2010, the Steelers have won this game without Roethlisberger and the Steelers had only had 21 passing yards in the game, but they won the game very easily.

The Steelers dominated the Titans since 2010 and the Titans are bad this year

I do not think the Steelers will finish the season 0-8 on the road and if the steelers lose against the Titans, the season will be over for the steelers

Psycho Ward 86
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm trying to look at the season in a glass-half-full kind of way. We are undefeated at home and have not won on the road (same as the Ravens). We have yet to play a game with Troy and Clark playing together. If Harrison comes back healthy at some point it will greatly improve our pass rush and our ability to mix up which linebackers drop back into coverage.

BTW, just from observation, the Ravens defense does not look as impressive as in years past. The lack of Suggs has hurt them. I saw the Bengals and Patriots carve them up in the passing game, but they were lucky enough to make some big plays when they counted. They really should have lost against the Patriots if that defender had just made an easy interception.

thats not looking at the glass half full. its making excuses. And the ravens defense declining is palpable. everyone knows. but how does that offense look?

SteelGhost
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Every home game, is some kind of a "must win" game, specially against teams with inconsistent QB's IMHO.

steelerdude15
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope that the Steelers can take advantage of the turnovers that are created by the Eagles offense. If the Steelers can score off of the turnovers (if the Steelers can produce them) and if the defense can keep an eye on Vick and Shady, the Steelers should have a good game. However, this could go all the way to the end.

suitanim
10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Look, I didn't just make this idea that we need to be 8-0 at home up out of whole cloth. We were a shitty road team last year, and we look to be a shitty road team this year. I think we won on average something 25-12 at home last year, and lost something like 18-15 on average on the road. We were 7-1 at home, and 5-3 on the road. I look at the schedule and I can't find 4 more road games this team will win the way they are playing defense on the road right now. Ergo, they NEED to win every home game in order to even dream of making the playoffs...

zulater
10-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Look, I didn't just make this idea that we need to be 8-0 at home up out of whole cloth. We were a shitty road team last year, and we look to be a shitty road team this year. I think we won on average something 25-12 at home last year, and lost something like 18-15 on average on the road. We were 7-1 at home, and 5-3 on the road. I look at the schedule and I can't find 4 more road games this team will win the way they are playing defense on the road right now. Ergo, they NEED to win every home game in order to even dream of making the playoffs...

They need to start playing better defense on the road. Period.

The inability to make so much as one second half stop of consequence on the road if it continues will relegate this team to mediocrity or worse. And I'm not so sold on our home defense either. Remember it was the Jets we beat at Heinz. No great fete there.

Edman
10-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Here's an statistic for encouragement.

Tomlin teams since 2007 have been 6-2 at the halfway mark of the season. Even the infamous 2009 team reached 6-2 after starting out 1-2.

Going back to the days of Cowher, the Steelers are notoriously slow out of the gate. But they tend to get in gear through October. They're 14-5 in the month of pumpkins and spooks since Tomlin took over. If the team keeps the collapse going in what has been their golden month, then I'll start writing them off.

The Philly game will be tough, but that's why they play the games.

Edman
10-02-2012, 07:03 AM
They need to start playing better defense on the road. Period.

The inability to make so much as one second half stop of consequence on the road if it continues will relegate this team to mediocrity or worse. And I'm not so sold on our home defense either. Remember it was the Jets we beat at Heinz. No great fete there.

No it wasn't a great feat, but it was something considering they walked into Heinz with a head of steam off of their Opening Day win, and they always play the Steelers tough. Besides the Ravens, the Jets have been one of the toughest opponents for the Steelers over the past couple years.

But it doesn't matter unless proper defensive adjustments are made off the bye week. We'll see.

CPanther95
10-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Look, the Steelers must be at least 3-3 after six games and the game against the Bengals is the most important game of the next 3 games...

Every year with Tomlin, we've been at 6-2 halfway through the season. I'm still planning on that for this year.

suitanim
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
And we cannot be 6-2 if we start 1-3...which is why THIS game is the most important of this young season.

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I will be very happy if the Steelers are 5-3 after 8 games

5 of the last 8 games are in Pittsburgh

zulater
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I will be very happy if the Steelers are 5-3 after 8 games

5 of the last 8 games are in Pittsburgh

If they're no worse than 4-4 at the midpoint they'll still have a good chance to win 10.

I think this team will get better as the season progresses. Offensively we've only scratched the surface. This could be the best Steeler offensive team since 79 once they get it figured out.

86WARD
10-02-2012, 10:11 AM
And we cannot be 6-2 if we start 1-3...which is why THIS game is the most important of this young season.

This!!!!

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Interesting stat: #Steelers have beaten Eagles only twice since 1974. Fewest wins against any NFC team during that span.

https://twitter.com/arobinson_Trib/status/253167624291221504

polamalubeast
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like polamalu, Harrison, Mendenhall & Sylvester ready to roll versus Eagles

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

suitanim
10-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Gilbert being out could hurt. Beachum is a mess...

86WARD
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Double Post ... ???

salamander
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
If this game was on the road, I wouldn't even give us a chance... but since it's at home, there's a flicker of hope for the Steelers.

polamalubeast
10-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Mike Wallace:"We have to get a win this week;losing is not an option. It's definitely a big game for us..& everybody around here knows that"

https://twitter.com/BuzzsawPGH/status/253613655818645505

Count Steeler
10-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Let's hope our O Line is much improved since we last played them in the regular season. We looked absolutely pathetic against the D Line of the Eagles. Even in the pre season game, the O Line was not very encouraging.

steelpride12
10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I think the biggest factor is shutting down McCoy. He has around 384 rushing yards in 81 attempts and averaging 5.0 YPC. Now the Steelers struggled to stop 3 average RB's in the league, but nothing of McCoys caliper. If we don't shut him down early and often then the Eagles offense will eat up huge chunks of the clock and keep our offense off the field (which as of now is the only thing we can rely on).

86WARD
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Steve McLendon and Antonio Brown really need to STFU. A 1-2 team shouldn't be trying to talk any smack on a 3-1 team...

This will wind up being the game that Vick throws for 275 with 2 TDs and rushes over 100 with another 2...

zulater
10-07-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope they win but am not real optimistic at the moment.

Regardless win or lose today, I think the Steelers can eventually get it together and find their way into the post season. And if they do I predict they'll be a team no one wants to play.

GBMelBlount
10-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Not going to even guess at todays outcome.

Praying our defense shows up for more than 2 quarters....