PDA

View Full Version : Big plays will be back in due time for the Steelers, Haley says

stillers4me
09-30-2012, 09:47 AM
The big play was a signature of the Steelers the past several years under former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. They did it as well as about anyone in the NFL.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and speedy receiver Mike Wallace developed a special chemistry. Wallace had a reception of 40 yards or more in six consecutive games last season, which was the longest streak in the league since 2000.

Antonio Brown, the receiver opposite Wallace, also demonstrated big-play capability with three receptions of 40 yards or more last season.

The offense has been effective this season, with a high-ranked passing game that has helped the unit possess the ball for an average of 36 minutes per game, but big plays have been absent from the team's repertoire under first-year coordinator Todd Haley..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-plays-will-be-back-in-due-time-for-the-steelers-haley-says-655569/#ixzz27xreAzTE

polamalubeast
09-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I was very worried after the first game in Denver, but now I'm confident, since the offense improves at each game.....It will be important that the offense made more big play but I am confident that it will happen soon

Right now, the offense is 4th in points per drive, which is very good, especially with no running game!

ALLD
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
The offense is not the reason we are 1-2.

60_MINUTES
09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Our O is the best its been in years and will only get better ...we are taking the ball up and down the field and most important we are keep the ball 40 min per game... un real man how well its working... If our D was just averave at this point we would be 3 and 0....

salamander
09-30-2012, 12:20 PM
We're averaging almost 26 pts per game through the first 3 games. That's almost a TD more per game than the last few seasons.

stillers4me
09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Somebody better be sticking some serious boots up the D's hiney's this week.