PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison Leaves Practice, Knee Is 'Bothering Him'

86WARD
09-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Post-Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette reports that Steelers outside linebacker left the south side facility this afternoon without practicing, and a source told Bouchette his knee is "bothering him."

Harrison had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Aug. 15, and has barely practiced since. He did do some work before Pittsburgh's Week 1 game at Denver, but was ruled inactive for that game as well as those in Weeks 2 and 3.

How much any of this means is suspect. The Steelers don't play this weekend, and it would seem strange they would trot Harrison out for a full workout before giving the players four days off for their bye week.

SBNation.com (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/26/3413452/steelers-injury-report-bye-week-james-harrison)

polamalubeast
09-26-2012, 09:19 PM

Unfortunately this is the last year of Harrison with the steelers

st33lersguy
09-26-2012, 09:36 PM
:mad2::mad2::mad2: We need Harrison to provide a pass rush since no one else is doing that

fansince'76
09-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Think we can just about stick a fork in Harrison at this point...

salamander
09-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Think we can just about stick a fork in Harrison at this point...

Sad but true. I can't even remember the last time he was fully healthy.

GBMelBlount
09-26-2012, 09:59 PM
We REALLY need some people to step up on defense...

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Worilds, Carter, both of you or one of you need to become superstars this upcoming season or we are finished,

steelreserve
09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I am not counting on getting anything out of Harrison this year.

When Worilds was drafted, I thought it was a real WTF pick. Time for him to prove that isn't the case.

zulater
09-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Worilds, Carter, both of you or one of you need to become superstars this upcoming season or we are finished,

Then we're finished.

But we're not. We're just finished at ROLB. We're going to have to score a boatload of points.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-27-2012, 01:09 AM
It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turned to disappointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice because his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback," said agent Bill Parise, who spoke with Harrison after he went home. "Hopefully, it's not something that will derail our plans."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27eDubkAW

JayC
09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
haven't seen anything out of chris carter or jason worilds to make me excited. i guess we have to get used to QB's having all day to pick us apart.

suitanim
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Same article correctly pointed out that before he had his face smashed in last year, he was basically an iron man.

The old man may have some gas left in the tank...seems to be an air of "Debbie Downer" around here lately. Think positively!

HollywoodSteel
09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I think the answer is not have Harrison practice anymore. Every time he does, his knee swells up the next day. So he just plays on Sundays, his knee swells on Monday, rinse and repeat. :D

Moose
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a bad feeling about this knee problem also, I think his playing time is numbered. :(

GodfatherofSoul
09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Im hoping this is the anti- hype converse of pretending hes coming back each week.

XxKnightxX
09-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Soooo, who's on the pass rushing radar for next years draft?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

st33lersguy
09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Time for $10 million a year man Lamar Woodley to provide a pass rush, which he hasn't yet this year, and time for one of the younger guys to prove themselves. If no one steps up to provide a pass rush, an edge rusher has to be a top priority in 2013

Pristas
09-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Time for $10 million a year man Lamar Woodley to provide a pass rush, which he hasn't yet this year, and time for one of the younger guys to prove themselves. If no one steps up to provide a pass rush, an edge rusher has to be a top priority in 2013

Well that would require LeBeau rushing him more than 5 times per game, instead of dropping into Known, uhem..., I mean Zone Coverage.

ALLD
09-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Reminds me of another Steeler LBer whose career was ended by turf toe.

steelerdude15
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Lets not just sign him off yet. There were reports that he was pre-2009 shape going into training camp besides the knee. Lets see what happens when he comes back.

SteelerFanInStl
09-27-2012, 10:59 PM
When Worilds was drafted, I thought it was a real WTF pick. Time for him to prove that isn't the case.

Yea, I didn't really like the pick then and I like it less now. I'd rather have had Sean Lee.

HollywoodSteel
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Trying to look at the upside of this, at least as far as the Eagles game is concerned. Maybe it's better to not get Vick running for his life from a guy who can't catch him. Maybe it's better to give him more time in the pocket to make a mistake. :chuckle:

Moose
09-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Trying to look at the upside of this, at least as far as the Eagles game is concerned. Maybe it's better to not get Vick running for his life from a guy who can't catch him. Maybe it's better to give him more time in the pocket to make a mistake. :chuckle:

Good point, but I think Troy is the guy that Vick will be looking for and trying to stay away from.

86WARD
09-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Vick will look like Elway out there if the Steelers defense doesn't fucking shape up and if for some reason Foles starts, he'll tear that defense to shreds...

oneforthetoe
09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
The way we have played recently I am more concerned about "Shady" than I am Vick.

zulater
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Well that would require LeBeau rushing him more than 5 times per game, instead of dropping into Known, uhem..., I mean Zone Coverage.

Yeah, it's not as if he's coming on every play. And he does have two sacks and a fumble recovery to his credit, as well as multiple pressures that have led to incompletions. No doubt Woodley hasn't hit his full stride yet, but he's not milk cartoning it like Timmons either.

Pristas
10-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah, it's not as if he's coming on every play. And he does have two sacks and a fumble recovery to his credit, as well as multiple pressures that have led to incompletions. No doubt Woodley hasn't hit his full stride yet, but he's not milk cartoning it like Timmons either.

Timmon's new nickname... The Milkman.

Edman
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
James Harrison isn't coming back anytime soon, and there is no guarantee Troy's health will hold up either even though he's coming back.

So being the genius coordinator he is, how about Lebeau adjust his scheme to compensate the lack of Harrison like last season? Screw Standards. Jason Worilds is not James Harrison and he never will be. How about tightening up the coverage? Or letting his DL attack instead of handfight? We only have one good Linebacker playing solid right now, and that's Woodley. This "DL hold the line" and "Linebackers do everything" isn't effective because we don't have the players to run it effectively anymore.

It also helps if Hampton and Keisel start riding the bench, or at least stop letting Heyward and McClendon rot on it.

I don't really like the Defense against Vick and Shady McCoy.

suitanim
10-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Holy God what a group of negative Nellie's. Half of these posts are flat-out inaccurate. Before last seasons busted orbital socket, Harrison was healthy all the time.

Woodley had ONE bad game. He's looked better and better every week since. And if you don't understand dropping LBers into coverage in the 3-4, you don't understand the 3-4.

The worst is throwing LeBeau under the bus. There's no excuse for that.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Media fodder.

HollywoodSteel
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Harrison practiced again today. Keep your fingers crossed...