PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger denies there's a rift with Haley

polamalubeast
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Even though he was using Bruce Arians’ language in a no-huddle drive, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said there’s no rift between him and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Roethlisberger used signals to his receivers that were standard when Arians was offensive coordinator, and have since been added to Haley’s playbook. But he didn’t want to make it sound as if he preferred his old play-callers ways.

“I really didn’t think it would get blown up as much as it did, and I know some people are saying that I’ve been resistant to Todd,” Roethlisberger said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But it’s one of those things that we went to Todd, and it’s in the playbook now. It was simply a signal that I used with our receivers on two different occasions. One was on the fourth-and-1, we got the ball to Mike [Wallace]. The other one was later on third down to Emmanuel [Sanders]. We converted both plays. It worked out.”

Roethlisberger can downplay it, and it’s obviously early. But it’s obviously also worth watching.

The quarterback also had what he called “one little incident” with Haley in the opener against Denver, from which he walked away.

Arians, now the Colts’ offensive coordinator, still has a close relationship with his old quarterback. Roethlisberger said they “talk every week.”

Until he and Haley create results on the field, people in Pittsburgh are going to wonder if their relationship will ever reach that same level

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/1323845/

X-Terminator
09-26-2012, 01:26 PM
“I really didn’t think it would get blown up as much as it did, and I know some people are saying that I’ve been resistant to Todd,” Roethlisberger said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But it’s one of those things that we went to Todd, and it’s in the playbook now. It was simply a signal that I used with our receivers on two different occasions. One was on the fourth-and-1, we got the ball to Mike [Wallace]. The other one was later on third down to Emmanuel [Sanders]. We converted both plays. It worked out.”

Really Ben? You're just now figuring out that EVERYTHING you say about the offense gets blown up by the media? C'mon man! :doh:

Florio can still suck my balls.

st33lersguy
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
The offense is just fine, this is not a problem, moving on

zulater
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Roethlisberger became the first quarterback in NFL history to have a rating over 120 on at least 45 attempts and lose the game. Oakland scored on five consecutive drives for a 34-31 shocker.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49162762/ns/sports-nfl/page/2/

polamalubeast
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Roethlisberger became the first quarterback in NFL history to have a rating over 120 on at least 45 attempts and lose the game. Oakland scored on five consecutive drives for a 34-31 shocker.

crazy stats!!!!

ALLD
09-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Not to mention time of possession.

Count Steeler
09-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Stats mean squat. We lost. It is encouraging to see that the Offense is primed to perform quite well all year, however, they have zero room for mistakes. At this point, they are the only performing unit on the Steelers team.