PDA

View Full Version : New playbook seems to be in working order

stillers4me
09-25-2012, 02:54 PM
The most scrutinized aspect of the Steelers in the preseason was not their running game, not their aging defense, not their offensive line and not Mike Wallace's holdout.

The topic that drew more attention than any was how quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley would get along, how Roethlisberger would accept his new offense with all its new terminology in a new playbook, its new emphasis on improving the ground game and the high-percentage passes.

On Sunday, Roethlisberger made it all work again with one of the better games of his career, certainly among his best in a defeat. He did so by dipping back into the old playbook, presumably the one that former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians ran. Incredibly, Roethlisberger said he called plays from that old offense and his teammates helped pull them off..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/new-playbook-seems-to-be-in-working-order-654776/#ixzz27VsCjzI3

polamalubeast
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Roethlisberger currently has the 2nd best QB rating in the NFL with 109.2

Only Matt Ryan is better than Roethlisberger at this point, but this is sad that the Steelers are 1-2

Moose
09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
The Steeler's record will improve...how much, who know's. But having 2 play books that Ben and the gang can dip into is kind of nice if you think of it. It will definitely keep the opponents on their toes as to which book and play Ben will use during a game. I like the idea.

steelreserve
09-25-2012, 03:34 PM
We're putting up close to 30 points a game, which is something I've believed this offense was capable of for about the past 3 seasons. What a strange twist of fate that, now that it finally happened, we have to worry that the defense is liable to give up 30 points too.

ALLD
09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Ben is now the best player on the team, best QB in the division and worthy of the two SB rings he already has. He is carrying the team on his back.

Pristas
09-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Bouchette needs to get his facts straight. Ben already clarified earlier today that what he used was a couple old hand signals to help the receivers. That's it. No old Arian's playbook. Just a couple signals, that is all.

NCSteeler
09-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Here's one Arian's hater that will wait till mid season for an "I told ya so" I would really like to see then string this average along, because a three game sample is too small to prove anything.