PDA

View Full Version : I have One question I would love to Ask MIKE TOMLIN and Im not being a Smart Ass...

60_MINUTES
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM
What in the world is going on with Tomlin and our staff this year?? Now before I even say this let me say I love Big Snack he has been great and I like having him on the team for leadership but...................... Last year Tomlin and Company basically Benched him... they pretty much were playing McClendon most of the game... It came about the same time we watched James Farrior get benched in favor of Larry Foote... It wasnt really talked about much in media and the steelers mentioned something about a slight injury... they also did the same with Kemo when they benched him...mentioned something about a slight injury....anyway we all know those guys got playing time taken from them.... NOW>>>>>>>>>>> a few games after Hampton started seeing less playing time he tears his ACL...Let me repeat that....... HE TEARS HIS ACL NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enter this year...he is coming off an ACL injury in this 10 year at NT and was benched the year before when he was healthy...SO>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please someone tell me why in the world he is not only starting but playing more this year then he did last year??????? He along with Brent K are getting killed...point blank they are getting killed...now dont get me wrong... I think we can use both still...We need the VET leadership as well as the fact when they come in fresh with a chip on their shoulder they could give us some very nice snaps, However please Mr. Tomlin and Company let your Number one Draft Pick play... Let your young NT Play who is hungry and most of all please Mr Tomlin...For Lords Sake Please do what you preach to us.... Put it on Tape.... Put it on Tape... Put it on Tape. Hell I love that quote...but please Mike WATCH THE TAPE... WATCH THE TAPE... I just got done watching it myself and everytime our young boys are in we are holding the point... I think Big Snack can give us some plays but make no mistake about it at this point for most of the game he is getting blocked by one guy and pushed completley out of the play... Im not making it up go WATCH THE TAPE.... same thing is going on with Brent K.. Reguardless I have this one question How in the world does a guy who was benched last year, coming off ACL injury and playing NT in his mid 30s after 10 years in the league..and Did I mention coming off ACL tear ) How does that guy get more playing time this year then last ( one last thing wasnt McClendon getting huge reviews all of camp and off season for what work he was putting in ) I really dont have any clue...Mike can you please watch the tape and stop by to let me know...thanks..

60_MINUTES
09-24-2012, 10:18 PM
We are getting run on... and when that happens it breaks down the entire D and gives the O many second and 4s and 3rd and 2s which opens up every play in the book as well as killer play actions... the last time we couldnt stop the run we had a 6 and 10 season... If nothing else we should be playing guys that are number one picks going into their second year... if they cant get if done then fine... Yes I know my article is mostly about Hampton but Kesiel is getting killed so far this year...he has been great... we need more guys like him on this team in the future but right now I think its time for him to hand over the torch to the kid.... of course Hampton who handed it over last year should hand it over again this year...Im just now sure why we handed it back to him....hell I remember the last few games he played in Hoke and McClendon were rotating in and out a few times with Hampton not in the rotation at all

60_MINUTES
09-24-2012, 10:22 PM
one last thing we have to make the best out of what we got....i understand that but one positive way of looking at things is IF...and thats a Big IF but if James comes back healthy... and Troy comes back healthy and you give our Number one Heyward a shot and you put our young NT McClenden in ( who is Hungry ) then that would be turning over 4 players out of 11 and bringing back two former NFL D players of the year....... So its still a shot at being okay this year ( if the other injury bugs stay away )...but anyway lets now fire everyone yet...but we do need to make a couple moves...shit 4 players coming in and Two of those players making your D 10 years younger could help for sure