PDA

View Full Version : Young Money Crew!

Carolina Steelers
09-23-2012, 08:40 PM
not just about tonights game, i love there energy and enthusiasim (Sanders, Wallace, and Brown) that they bring and all 3 are good WR's but sometimes I wish they would act more like Heath, i get tired sometimes Brown make a catch gets tackle then walks like 5 to 10 yards downfield like he just made the best catch ever i hated it when Holmes would make the catch point 1st down and then just drop the ball. Maybe im just getting to old but i like the simple things, i dont mind a celebration or a small dance after maybe a great play but not every time you catch it. IMO. Mostly Brown and Sanders

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. It does get tiring to see when they do every single time they catch a ball.

JayC
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
agreed, but there are about 50 other things worth complaining about more after tonight

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
agreed, but there are about 50 other things worth complaining about more after tonight

Can't complain with that statement.

bayz101
09-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Um. Is it really that big of a deal?

Steelman
09-24-2012, 12:58 AM
One lost fumble aside, our "Young Money Crew" played their butts off today. They're the least of my concerns right now.

st33lersguy
09-24-2012, 01:10 AM
How many blown coverages were the young money crew responsible for? How many times did the young money crew allow bad receivers to get wide open for easy catches? The main problem is the defense that is showing the effects of missing two defensive player of the year award recipients and disappearing the 2nd half of every road game

Steeldude
09-24-2012, 06:46 AM

To me it makes the Steelers look like self-absorbed punks. I hope they start throwing flags over it. There is to much "Look at me" in the NFL. Brown is parading around over routine plays, but helps the Raiders win the game. He made himself look like a complete fool. Perhaps if the Steelers' players concentrated more on the game than dancing they might be 3-0.

Why wasn't Brown celebrating his fumble? No worries, he'll catch a 2-yard hitch next week and be parading around the field again...lol.

GBMelBlount
09-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Brown is about the most intense player I have ever seen.

I look at his celebrating as an overflow of his incredible intensity and enthusiasm as much as anything else and certainly moreso than most other players.

I looked at him next to Wallace on the bench in the 4th quarter and Wallace was exhausted and sweating while Brown did not even look like he had broken a sweat.

I completely understand your point Carolina as I am not a fan of show boating but I am going to give them (especially Brown) a pass on this one.:drink:

Craic
09-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey, if Jerome Bettis gets a pass for giving that shuffle and the shake of the head when he ran four or five yards and hitting someone, then Brown should be given the same pass when he catches a 3 yard pass and turns it into a seven or eight yard pass after juking someone or driving through someone.

All that to say, he ain't the first, and he won't be the last. And no, I don't like it either. But at least he isn't getting up, dancing all around, and pulling out sharpies.

SCSTILLER
09-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey, if Jerome Bettis gets a pass for giving that shuffle and the shake of the head when he ran four or five yards and hitting someone, then Brown should be given the same pass when he catches a 3 yard pass and turns it into a seven or eight yard pass after juking someone or driving through someone.

All that to say, he ain't the first, and he won't be the last. And no, I don't like it either. But at least he isn't getting up, dancing all around, and pulling out sharpies.

That is sooo yesterday, they will now pull their cell phone out of thier sock and send a tweet or update their facebook status :wink02:

tube517
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
As long as it doesn't slow up the team, I don't care. Specifically during a no huddle/hurry up type of drive.

Devilsdancefloor
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Yes, act liek yo have caught a damn ball before and one of these time we are going ot have tobe in hurry up and he isnt gonna make ti back to the line or we have to burn a TO or just plain miss out on a scoing chance all because they caught a freaking ball

86WARD
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
That's not the NFL today. Heath is old school. Young Money is not. They are closer to the "Holmes Mold" than the "Miller Mold." It's just part of being a WR in the NFL...

86WARD
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, act liek yo have caught a damn ball before and one of these time we are going ot have tobe in hurry up and he isnt gonna make ti back to the line or we have to burn a TO or just plain miss out on a scoing chance all because they caught a freaking ball

Not really...when they are in a hurry up, you don't see these guys doing the bullshit stuff...

fansince'76
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM

Depends on who does it, it seems (see Preacher's post (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/14716-Young-Money-Crew%21?p=315609#post315609))...

bayz101
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Depends on who does it, it seems (see Preacher's post (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/14716-Young-Money-Crew%21?p=315609#post315609))...

I agree with that post, although I LOVE Brown's intensity. We need all the emotion, intensity and fire we can get on the road, and even at home. People don't understand sometimes that players actions on the field DO bring the crowd into the game. Not just plays, either. How players react after making plays brings the crowd into it, and takes the other teams fans out of it.

Keep it up, young money. Got to have fun. It's not worth it if you're not having fun.