PDA

View Full Version : Teams Health Question

SCSTILLER
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
OK, I really don't know how to ask this without sounding like placing blame on anyone. To me it seems like the last couple of years the Steelers players have been getting injured alot more than normal. Yes, our core players are getting older and I understand that, but even the young studs coming in have been getting injured early and often. Pouncy, Gilbert, DeCastro, Worilds, etc. I asked a buddy of mine about it and he just shrugged it off saying that the league is getting bigger and faster. OK, I would buy that but shouldn't we be getting bigger and faster also? I don't know, it seems like injuries have been getting the better of the Steelers lately, both young and old.

Steeldude
09-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Was Gilbert hurt or just tired? He looked like he was gasping for air on one series. Out of shape?

Devilsdancefloor
09-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Was Gilbert hurt or just tired? He looked like he was gasping for air on one series. Out of shape?

Hurt he was limping pretty hard before he came out and was replaced by Beachum

I can put my fingwer on it we always seem to have 2 or 3 guys on the oline go down and then same on D. im kinda scratching my head as well. I guess it could be conditioning, but i have no idea

Shoes
09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Oakland had more 1st teamer's out than Pitt I believe.

Count Steeler
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Why was Beachum even dressed? I know he is a project, but, he continues to prove he is not ready.

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 08:09 PM
It does make you wonder about conditioning.

GodfatherofSoul
09-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Can't remember the Oakland guy's number, but he went right at Ziggy's ankle when he was engaged. Really dirty and I expect to see it on SC this week.

7willBheaven
09-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Why was Beachum even dressed? I know he is a project, but, he continues to prove he is not ready.

Because Adams was out this week. And I thought Beachum played OK for the few snaps he was in...he didnt look overwhelmed the whole time...or play terrible like he did the first 2 preseason games.

7willBheaven
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Can't remember the Oakland guy's number, but he went right at Ziggy's ankle when he was engaged. Really dirty and I expect to see it on SC this week.

Exactly...that should have been a penalty as Ziggy was engaged....if he wasnt engaged then its OK. I remember this happening to Hampton a lot in the past.

Anyways as far as the OP's concerned/etc...ALL teams are experiences injuries each and every week. I mean look at Oakland they had 2-3 DBs down (2 starters)...plus starting RT and others. Its not just the Steelers.

Count Steeler
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Because Adams was out this week. And I thought Beachum played OK for the few snaps he was in...he didnt look overwhelmed the whole time...or play terrible like he did the first 2 preseason games.

The 2 plays I saw him in, he had a penalty and he was protecting against the guy that almost injured Ben. Gilbert came right back into the game after that play.

7willBheaven
09-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Exactly...that should have been a penalty as Ziggy was engaged....if he wasnt engaged then its OK. I remember this happening to Hampton a lot in the past.

Anyways as far as the OP's concerned/etc...ALL teams are experiences injuries each and every week. I mean look at Oakland they had 2-3 DBs down (2 starters)...plus starting RT and others. Its not just the Steelers.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 08:25 PM

Bingo!

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Bingo!

I wonder if we could be seeing the conditioning coach gone soon.

Butch
09-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Right there with ya' on this.

SCSTILLER
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
The more the season goes on the more I think the conditioning coach sucks. Yep, other teams suffer injuries, but it seems like every single game a Steeler is rolling around on the ground in pain!