PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ben; Heath for a great effort

Craic
09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
As for the rest of the team - may this bye week be a week of introspection.

I'd say the receivers played well, but three fumbles?
I'd say the RB's ran hard, but a fumble and 40 something yards?
I'd say the O line played well, but how many penalties?
I'd say the def . . . well, no, I wouldn't.

And special teams?

Who would have thought this time last year that Squishy would have been one of our top three players in a game?

But as the title says - A big thumbs up to Ben and Heath! Great effort.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 07:08 PM
That's all there is to say about that.

SCSTILLER
09-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Preacher, no words can express how important those two guys are to the Steelers O!

Craic
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Preacher, no words can express how important those two guys are to the Steelers O!

I didn't see a mistake by either one of them all day. I think it puts what everyone else did in stark relief.

steelerdude15
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
So far, Ben, Heath, and Shaun have all done great. I praise these three for their great play so far. Its such a shame that Ben's great game pretty much has now been erased because the Steelers lost.

polamalubeast
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I thank all the offense

the fumbles, it happens, but this is not the reason for this loss

steeldawg
09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I thank all the offense

the fumbles, it happens, but this is not the reason for this loss

The brown fumble was a huge play.

Kittyfish
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
You said it, Preacher.

Too bad Ben and Heath couldn't win it all by themselves - they did great. It's a shame their efforts were for nothing and will be overshadowed by the loss.

dislocatedday
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Add Willie Colon to the list of goats. He makes too much money to be constantly getting flagged for false starts and holds.

Kornbread
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
What a crappy loss....penalty after penalty. Fumbles.....Ben and Miller were awesome! I'm bitter over this loss.

dislocatedday
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
I should have added above.......yes Ben and Heath are playing stellar. Ben is off to the best start I can ever remember in his career. He just looks to be in total command...........too bad he is not getting much help so far.

GBMelBlount
09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Ben and our passing game looked great.

Our defense looked embarrassing....that scares me.

One of the biggest problems, as usual, is injuries and turnovers.

X-Terminator
09-23-2012, 07:45 PM
It's really a shame that the offense has to play a perfect game just to have a chance. They literally cannot make even one mistake and have to score on every drive since they are getting no help from the other side of the ball.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Ben and our passing game looked great.

Our defense looked embarrassing....that scares me.

One of the biggest problems, as usual, is injuries and turnovers.

Sadly, I believe the Oakland had more 1st teamer's out than us.

GBMelBlount
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Sadly, I believe the Oakland had more 1st teamer's out than us.

Well, you didn't have to point that out. :chuckle:

I am hoping that having our two nfl players of the year back on D will help...

Edman
09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Massive Props to Ben Roethlisberger.

Shame the Defense spoiled his day.

zulater
09-23-2012, 08:27 PM
It's really a shame that the offense has to play a perfect game just to have a chance. They literally cannot make even one mistake and have to score on every drive since they are getting no help from the other side of the ball.

Uh, that's kinda what I've been saying!

Steelman
09-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Ben has been playing out of his mind. I think Haley's been good for him. Now if everyone else would get on the same freaking page. (Heath aside, definitely one of my favorite Steelers)

pepsyman1
09-24-2012, 02:07 AM
I will say that Ben played an amazing game. He did all the things we've Ben looking for: on most of the pass plays Ben was looking to get the ball out quick and did on many occasions, he did a great job of hitting check down guys and still had some classic "Ben" plays that he extended and found people downfield. I think Ben and Haley accomplished a lot in this game.

X-Terminator
09-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Uh, that's kinda what I've been saying!

Not even close to the same context I am using. I'm not blaming them for the loss like you are/did...I'm lamenting the fact that they have to play a perfect game when they shouldn't have to. If the D is just average last night, they win by 2 TD. The O did their job by scoring 31 points.

ALLD
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Hopefully this does not piss Ben off so much he mails it in the rest of the season.

zulater
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Hopefully this does not piss Ben off so much he mails it in the rest of the season.

This is Ben's 9th season. Name me one game he ever appeared to have "mailed it in". Let alone the rest of the season. He's a competitor first and foremost. Not once during the 5 game losing streak of 09 did he ever come out and "mail it in". So I'm fairly certain that 1-2 isn't going to do that to him this year.

Craic
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM

That's not Ben's MO. Never has been.

polamalubeast
09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
This is Ben's 9th season. Name me one game he ever appeared to have "mailed it in". Let alone the rest of the season. He's a competitor first and foremost. Not once during the 5 game losing streak of 09 did he ever come out and "mail it in". So I'm fairly certain that 1-2 isn't going to do that to him this year. `

Roethlisberger had 503 passing yards against the Packers after the five-game losing streak

SteelGhost
09-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Kudos to Ben and Heath ! :tt02: