PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger: Haley and I had an incident in Denver, I walked away

polamalubeast
09-23-2012, 08:25 AM
From the day Todd Haley was hired as the Steelers’ offensive coordinator, questions have been raised about whether he and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would get along. Roethlisberger says for the most part, they’ve gotten along just fine — but he does admit there was one “incident” between them.

Roethlisberger told Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he and Haley had a problem during the Steelers’ Week One loss to the Broncos, but Roethlisberger says he made a point of not allowing the issue to escalate.

“We had one little incident,” Roethlisberger said. “I walked away. I’ll leave it at that. I walked away.”

That incident aside, Roethlisberger says he and Haley have gotten together just fine. In fact, Roethlisberger thinks the media have made too big a deal out of their personal relationship.

“People really did make a big deal about it,” Roethlisberger said. “I heard Cris Carter [on ESPN] ask, ‘Why doesn’t Ben embrace the change and want to get better?’ That’s ridiculous. I’m all about getting better. I never said the change was going to be bad or good. I just said it was a change. It was what it was.”

If Roethlisberger and Haley can limit themselves to one incident, then the change in the Steelers’ offense will have gone more smoothly than most people predicted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/roethlisberger-haley-and-i-had-an-incident-in-denver-i-walked-away/

salamander
09-23-2012, 08:32 AM
The media must get a boner every time they get to talk about this non-story stuff.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 09:35 AM
>snip<

“We had one little incident,” Roethlisberger said. “I walked away. I’ll leave it at that. I walked away.”

So why tell cook....... If you know the media makes too big a deal out of your personal relationship with Haley?

stillers4me
09-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Maybe he's setting the tone for when "the big one" happens, letting everyone know he has really did accept the change and has tried to be the bigger man.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe he's setting the tone for when "the big one" happens, letting everyone know he has really did accept the change and has tried to be the bigger man.

Perhaps...but a bigger man would have kept silent.

fansince'76
09-23-2012, 09:42 AM
:yawn:

stillers4me
09-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Maybe ...but a bigger man would have kept silent.

But you know that Ben talks to the media. So why bother getting all bent out of shape about it. If he doesn't talk, he's being a prima donna. If he does talk, he's being a drama queen. He can't win.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 09:47 AM
But you know that Ben talks to the media. So why bother getting all bent out of shape about it. If he doesn't talk, he's being a prima donna. If he does talk, he's being a drama queen. He can't win.

There was no need to refresh the Haley incident.

stillers4me
09-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Sometime in the near future.....

Ben and Haley get in each others faces. Ben gets pissed and walks back out onto the field and takes over the game, against Haley's wishes. Ben drives the ball 85 yards down the field to win the game.

Steelers Nation rejoices. Ben's the man.

Book it.

Shoes
09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Book it.

No, I think I'll just keep silent now. :chuckle:

Edman
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
If Ben talks, he's a shit stirring drama queen.

If Ben doesn't talk, he's a prima donna who is a coward.

The PIT media is like a woman. Needles you on, Will damn you if you do something, will damn you if you don't, and expects you to read minds. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. The Pittsburgh Media has always been dicks towards the starting QB. Wouldn't surprise me that after retirement, Ben goes the way of Bradshaw and cuts ties with Pittsburgh for a long while.

Just do your thing on Sundays, Ben.

HollywoodSteel
09-23-2012, 11:03 AM

Exactly. So, you know what I'd like? I'd like for Ben to keep doing exactly what he's been doing, trying to be polite and as honest as possible with the media. Why even have interviews if you're going to get nothing out of it? If they ask about his shoulder he tells them the truth. If they ask about Haley he tells them the truth. As long as he gives us his best in practice and on Sundays I'm fine with him. And the truth is, I don't think he's a prima Dona at all. From all I've read he is simply a competitor who hates to lose, be it football, darts, hoops, whatever. That's who he is. He wouldn't care if we ran it 90% of the time if it would bring us another Lombardi. But he sees the receivers he has and combine that with the faith he has in himself, and guess what? He just might believe that our passing game is our primary strength. I can see where there might be a little conflict here and there with an OC who probably sold himself to our FO as a guy who will bring that old Steelers run game back, regardless of our talent at RB and run blocking.

I'm not really trying to bash Haley here either. I get what he's trying to do. Time will tell if he will ultimately will be the game planner for us that we all hope he can be.

tube517
09-23-2012, 11:18 AM
:zzz: